Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

leon davis to the backline?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon is not a backman. He is unnaccountable, furthermore he plays his best footy as an attacking player.
ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:10 pm

Leon Davis is Struggling there is no easy way to put it. IMHO He needs a couple of weeks back in the magoos!!!

At this point in time Leon Davis is not a defensive nor attacking player... You need to touch the ball before being classified either of these!!!!
GreatGonzo Taurus

Muppet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:32 pm

ScottyMac wrote:
You need to touch the ball before being classified either of these!!!!

or the man - not flying past them. Rolling Eyes
Ant 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:15 pm

just in defence of my earlier 'stupidest remark of the year" i just want to clear something up. I did not intend to BAG or call for the HEADS of players such as Presti and Lokan, I happen to think that Presti is very important to our team and Lokan is a very fast and exciting up and comer. HOWEVER i feel it is unreasonable and UNFAIR to continue to criticize leon week in and week out. He IS becoming our scapegoat, especially on this board, and i feel it is UNFAIR to vent all your anger onto him. My highlighting of Prestis and Lokans game wasnt supposed to shift the blame onto them, im just stating that more then 1 player plays bad in a game we lose by 11 goals! And for what its worth, the two blokes they were defending kicked 11 goals between them. So there if you dont like it well then thats your perogative. And all of you who say yeah well lokans only played 5 games well my answer to that is "yes, and hes been very very good, and i have no doubt he'll mature into a very good footballer, but you cant say he played a blinder on a key essendon forward in his 6th game of afl footy on an anzac day blockbuster. History will show that the team played bad that day, not: "the team was good BUT LEON stuffed everything up, if it werent for him we'd of won". Im just saying that Leon doesnt deserve, nor any player anywhere, the amount of flack and blame he is copping. THankyou
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:50 pm

too much to read, but the reason leons not getting game time is bcos wen he does he doesnt do anything with it, which is why i cant understand why he hasnt been dropped yet.
ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:40 am

I think Magic will be back in the magoos this weekend..... Word is Heath Scotland among others had very good games in the weekends win in the VFL!!!
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:56 am

Leon is definately not a backman and as absolute said he has the potential to be the best forward pocket in the game....I t hnk he needs more gametime yes, but his confidence is definately down, it really would not hurt to slip him back to Willi for a week or two....get BOG both times and come back in with some confidence.

I think everyones comments have been excellent on this topic...great read!

Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: