Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Scott Burns

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Burns not starting is a mystery to me. Biggest home and away game of the year and coming off an 8 day break we start one of our best players on the bench. Burns should have been in the heat of the action from the first bounce.

I know Malthouse wanted to be like Man United but this is taking it too far. Just because Beckham starts on the bench in a Champions League game against Real Madrid doesnt mean Burns should Wink

Cloke starting up forward was the same against Geelong a bit of a failure. He can get the ball ok but his disposal lets him down. With players like Tarrant, Rocca and Fraser as options me thinks that Cloke is best served helping out Presti and Shags down back.

jlc

ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:31 pm

I think it's more to do with being able to TRY finish off games. Burns for me is one of the best players to have full of run in the league in the second half of the game/ Second quarter!!!!

I agree he is one of if not our best player and when we look like trouble he should be out there!!!!

We have such a strong centerline that not everyone can play in the middle at all times BUT. Ppl talk about Buckley being our "goto" man.... but Burns in my view is right up there with Buckley!!!!!
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:11 pm

Have to remember that Burns has come off two previous season where he has been injured. I don't think MM has lost the plot at all. He has and always will be about player management, the last thing that we want durign this campaign is to have serious injury problems.

I think MM and the team in general went into last weeks game a little over confident. It seemed that they treated the game as an opportunity to try out different things and unfortunately it did not pay off...

Playing MCG was a gamble but if a player is goign to lift it will be in the game which started him in the AFL....sure he maybe was not up to it, but to suggest that an 18 year old kid has no future is reciculous..in abotu 4 years he will be great for us. You have to remember guys that this Collingwood Unit is still a very Young side with Bux being the oldest player in the side last week proves it.

Burns is obviously in the plan to be fully fit and last a whole season so I think have a little faith in MM and let him do his job....there isn't too many of us who could do any better no matter how well we think we know the players.

One more thing....I think MM has some guts, he looks at the whole picture and from what I have seen rewards players for the amount of effort they show not only in matches and the seconds but out ont he training track as well....Sheez I remember a similar type of conversatin about Collingwood being gone about this time last year when we lost to Carlton..Come on Wake Up fella's

Cheers

dimo 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:53 pm

Burnsy is a hard NUT and should start were the action is in the centre, he has one of the biggest hearts going around.
He leads by example for the rest of the team should follow.
ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:03 pm

Burnsey to collingwood is the Archer to the kangaroos*..... IS Basically a dog (In the most kindest way possible) Burns is the player that gets in there does the hard ground shit that it seems NO-ONE else at our club will do and does it at the highest skill level around. There is no doubt from and Collingwood Supporter that he is the Heart and guts of our Collingwood Side.

I think as soon as MM thinks Burnsey is right to play full games for a full season INJURY FREE he will start!!!

*Note. When comparing Archer and Burns I mean that he is a hard Nut.... Not a dirty piece of crap like Archer!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: