Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Well finally we know - Gherig Signs with Saints

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 1:36 pm
Post subject: Well finally we know - Gherig Signs with SaintsReply with quote

From www.afl.com.au

By Paul Gough And Jeff Turnbull

MELBOURNE, Sept 11 AAP - AFL wooden spooners St Kilda pulled off one coup today by signing Fraser Gehrig but will have to wait a few days before knowing if they have pulled off the biggest coup of all - securing two time premiership coach Malcolm Blight.

Gehrig signed with the Saints today in a four-year deal reportedly worth as much as $2 million, thwarting the concerted recruiting efforts of both Geelong and Collingwood.

With Gehrig now secure the Saints can now turn their attentions to wooing Blight, who has reportedly been offered the highest coaching contract in league history of up to $800,000 a season to come out of his self-imposed one-year retirement.

The Saints sent an entourage of players and officials to Blight's Gold Coast home last week to try to sway him to coach his fourth league club after stints at North Melbourne, Geelong and Adelaide, whom he led to back to back flags in 1997-98 before retiring at the end of last season.

A St Kilda spokeswoman said today the club expected to hear from him from in two or three days after he talks with his family and weighs up the pros and cons of getting back into AFL coaching.

--------

That ok Mike? I said where it was from etc (I remembered your post the other day)
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 1:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oopss! Sorry I should posted this under the other Ghrig topic. Oh well, you can read the story.
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 2:03 pm

i know i just heard it from my neighbour!!

LATERZ

SAV IS SEXY-->36 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BROS ROCK MY WORLD!!!!!!

THIS IS FROM eMmA!!!

[This message has been edited by joffa#2001 (edited 11 September 2000).]

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 2:25 pm

well one way or another i am stuck with him at one of my teams arent I. All i can say is he better not take my Spidermans position on the forward line coz i wanna hold up my Spider banner when i C him kick bagfulls again in season 2001! Don't worry i really don't think Gehrig is that good anyway. This has got to be one of the most talked up sagas in trade history gehrig this Gehrig that!

Now Mals gone, seems like Tubbby too Gehrigs taken so i wanna know where our players are? Like Mal said on the news the Pies have too many young ones so when the FU@K r we gonna start pulling some decent already made players please? Surely we must get Daffy now???

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 2:30 pm

Yeah. But there isn't a whole lot of talent left on the market is there? I'm not sure about Daffy, I would like him there but not for a real early draft pick.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 5:07 am

I'm not sure about much am I? hehe, I've read some posts and seem to be not sure about much. Sorry about that its just that with the young side with have decisions on trading etc are critical.
magpie_russ 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 6:04 am

they better pull one out of their arse b4 2pm.
they had 6 weeks to come to terms with WC. Gehrig only wanted to come to us until we started playing hard ball and st kilda joined in. see st. kilda didn't seem like a worry about 6 weeks ago but, what do they say in football about underestimating your opposition. enough about f---ing gehrig ok!

nikki 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 3:00 pm

That sux, we could really used Gherig, Stuff this bloody trading crap!!!!!!!

------------------
GO THE MIGHTY PIES
SAV & ANTHONY LEGENDS FOREVER!!!
GO ROGAN, JOSH YOUR MY HERO..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: