Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What a complete and utter humiliation...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Blanch wrote:
I've been as positive as anyone on this board but now for Blanch's home truths (yes he's still p*ssed about it)

MM - totally outcoached yesterday. Didn't put a foot right all day. Time to lift YOUR game.

Leon Davis - How can a guy have an impact on a game when he's on the bench for 3 qtrs? Needs to go to Willy next week....maybe the coach of Williamstown will let him stay on the park for more than 2 minutes

Alan Didak - is still reading the papers from the wiz cup days...a superstar you will be but you are NOT one yet.

Paul Licuria - someone told you that you don't "tag" anymore? used to be our best stopper. now you are just a run off player to collect 30 possessions of your own with no impact? ask james hird how to have an impact when on your own!

Josh Fraser - one of the few who put in 100% yesterday...the guy is all class and is a big game player.

Bux - is bux..no more said.

MCG - reads the ball beautifully but doesn't fit with our game plan of pin point passing...needs to do some skills work with kicking.

Woey - woeful yesterday....had a shocker.

Taz - tried all day.....did what he could.

Lockan - showed yesterday why he should never be let closer to goal... he must stay half back.

Freeborn - time for a stint at willy....experienced campaigner who never fired a shot.

Stunner - ok in patches.

Cloke - is a backman....yes a backman MM.

Clemo - solid again.

Johno - not as bad as many of the others..

OB - patchy like stunner.

Sorry for the long post but I've been a big "positive" person on this board and frustration is being released here. MM can take full responsibility for this result. I could go on all day how this result is what we deserved - yes we deserved it. We showed no respect for our opponent, MM the prime culprit. Our arrogance showed through. We thought we'd just steamroll them, and then when we didn't we thought it'd be alright, we'll surge and run over the top of them. This is one game we did not deserve to win and the result should bring a good look in the mirror for us, starting with the guy i've defended since day dot.....MM.

Having got all that off my chest, i have to say I'm confident we'll blow the swans to the shizenhouzen this week, and we are still on course for a top 4 finish.

Its all well and good to drop players but do we have the depth at present to do this ?? Scotland and Betheras can come back. But which other players can we bring in ??

jlc

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:45 pm

after a great year last year our expectations were always gonna be high this year. shocking losses will hurt more than ever because we'll be favourites every week, and opposition teams will constantly step up against us. and essendon really stepped up. they killed us. but there's always next week.

just as long as all the fans don't drop off i'll be happy. let's fill the dome next week and rip nicky davis to shreds.
Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:48 pm

I suspect we are all getting a little over analytical.

Let's give credit where it is due.

Essendon's kicking today was exceptional. Whether it be for goal or in general play. Their accuracy was fantastic.

So many times their kicks to leading players was just perfect. I had no complaints about that. Ours on the other hand was pitiful. So many times we had a one or two metre break and the delivery was up and under. Time and time again.

Essendon's delivery and kicking won't get much better than that of yesterday. It was worthy of 23 goals. Let them have that performance as one they earned. Well done to them.

For us, let's wait and see over the next few weeks before we decide we need to drop half the team.

Our kicking can't get much worse.

Operation Sydney will see to that.

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:54 pm

I know it was a terribly dissapointing day yesterday but i dont see the point in topics like this. Yep we are all stunned and PISSED OFF but we will bounce back next week. the players who were pathetic yesterday will have blinders against Sydney becasue they are definatly good enuf.

Essendon were brilliant in every aspect yeserday and we were ordinary. They beat us all over the ground. They were too good. End of story. Lets make a couple of changes, be pissed off for the rest of the week then try to forget abotu it and give the players confidence against Syndney, where we can get our season back on track.

%$^£$%^&%% I HATE ESSENDON!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:38 pm

Well said, MissMagpie.

Settle. Analyse. Regroup. Go Pies !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:58 pm

MissMagpie_20 wrote:
I know it was a terribly dissapointing day yesterday but i dont see the point in topics like this. Yep we are all stunned and PISSED OFF but we will bounce back next week. the players who were pathetic yesterday will have blinders against Sydney becasue they are definatly good enuf.

Essendon were brilliant in every aspect yeserday and we were ordinary. They beat us all over the ground. They were too good. End of story. Lets make a couple of changes, be pissed off for the rest of the week then try to forget abotu it and give the players confidence against Syndney, where we can get our season back on track.

%$^£$%^&%% I HATE ESSENDON!

Yeah, but it's theraputic to vent once in a while. Very Happy

Collingwood were shocking on Friday. But I'm confident that Malty will fire up the boys to a strong win against the Sydneysiders.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:17 am

Sorry Brooke but these things need to be discussed, ok we had a shocker in every aspect and now we have to turn them into positives!

We have not played well all season, We played 1 half against Richmond, and played 1 quater each against Carlton and Geelong and thankfully got over the line because the the oppostion were crap, we come up against 2 good sides and try and play the same slow, weak footy and get beaten.

This is the time to talk about how it happened and make sure it doesnt happen again, because not once this year have i been turned on by Collingwood, we just havent played well enough.

Blanch i agree with everything you wrote especially about cloke, he should not play forward at any time especially when you are getting belted in defence.

Hopefully this loss will make the boys pull their finger out and actually run with it instead on holding it up all the time, if it takes a loss like this one to do it then im glad we got belted.

JasonWildRemembered 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:17 pm

The worst aspect of the whole day was people like Garry Lyon saying "Oh, don't worry, don't panic, it was one of those days!" No it wasn't, it's been how we've played since the Wizard Cup Final, and Essendon was even worse with MM outcoached utterly, and the side actually giving up. If that's one of those days....

The thing that has really struck me is how we have become a middle of the 8 side. We've played 3 good teams (Bris, Adel and Bombers) and they've all beaten us. With due respect, beating Sydney doesn't address our lack of competitiveness against the top sides. Molloy? We might as well have Scott Cummings. What happened to Didak, the "sharpshooter"? Leon Davis? Enough said. How can Josh Fraser be at the club so long and still be as skinny as ever? Did we REALLY expend all that effort on getting Woewodin? Shane O'Bree? We might as well have kept Carl Steinfort. Licuria has got ahead of himself, and got a big head. And Presti? Flogged by Brennan then flogged by Lloyd...

I hate to say it but I feel more negative than ever. We haven't strung together a significant effort for 4 quarters yet and it looks like 9th or 8th...

Star
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:13 pm

err you don't think it's a positive that we haven't played 4 quarters yet we're still 3-2?

as for all the apparent 'effort' we put into getting woewodin; umm...we traded a draft pick for a brownlow medallist. sounds pretty easy to me.
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:13 am

foxy wrote:
err you don't think it's a positive that we haven't played 4 quarters yet we're still 3-2?

as for all the apparent 'effort' we put into getting woewodin; umm...we traded a draft pick for a brownlow medallist. sounds pretty easy to me.

Agreed. Woey was a steal.

Hopefully Friday's loss will be a wake-up call to the boys.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: