Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What a complete and utter humiliation...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

they were smarter, they go direct and put pressure on our backline, and we are predictable and go along the boundary line.
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:43 pm

As Eminem sings.......

SNAP BACK TO REALITY....OOPS THERE GOES GRAVITY!

Ho hum.
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:43 pm

we just couldnt hit a target at all...Sheedy did his homework much better than MM did.
Liccas_Gal 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:44 pm

Hi every1, i watched 2days game with absolute disgust, i thought where is the team that i saw in the Grand Final IMO buckley n Tazza were our only players who actually played pretty well the whole game
Ian Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:19 pm

I agree Leon has to go back to Willi next week. About the only 2 who presented today were Bux and Cloke(in th first qtr).
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:21 pm

*grins* at London Dave.. both of em. My little bloke can tackle alright but his disposal is inconsistant, and often p-retty bad. Actually, his mother sees most of it so i can't say too much from personal experience. Wink
Stan Magro 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:36 pm

[CAM WROTE] Days like today make you cringe inside and remember the late 70s/early 80s (if you were born). Or the 60s for the old guys & gals.

Cam from 1977 to the end of 1981 we made 4 Grand Finals, and in the sixties we played in 3 Grand Finals so I am a little confused by your comment there dude.[/quote]
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:43 pm

well i wasn't around for the 60s but i'd imagine 66 was a pretty bad one to stomach. just trying to say that people that are older than me (born in 70 i endured the 77-81 phase) probably cringed alot in the 60s and that it wasn't just a 70s/80s phenomenon, the cringe. from what i have heard the colli... word originated in the 60s? someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:11 am

I'm a bit confused over Malthouse's tactics.

1) I understand the he was trying to create a mismatch in the FORWARD line by putting CLOKE up there.
a)But does he realise that this WEAKENS our defense? b)Does he realise that CLOKE might take marks, but it's like playing Mick Martyn up front, what are the chances of him converting? c) you've got Fraser sitting on his arse on the pine, who is a proven goalkicking tall!

2) might have been a good idea to go into the game with SOME respect for Hird, by giving him a match up (ie Clement who if I recall correctly did well last Anzac Day)

3) what was BURNS doing on the PINE all thru the 1st qtr?

4) at 3/4 time gives McGough an absolute pasting. Now MCG was hardly our worst performer on the day and the kid is only 18! Is he trying to totally destroy the kid's confidence?

other than that I think Johnno's gonna be the first to get dropped. His decision making and skill is abysmal for someone playing footy at the highest level.... decent goer, not disputing that, but u mite as well give the opposition an extra forward! Make way for Shaw!

Andrew Williams and Shane Woewodin.... their decision making and hardness at the ball in pressure situations is appalling.
Would love to see both spend time in the reserves, bring back Rupe and Scoots.

Leon Davis.... seriously needs to take stock of whether he is prepared to play a 'team' game or not. His work ethic without the pill is appalling. Make way for Holland. Holland may not have the skill of Leon, but u can bet he'll have a crack when the ball is there to be won.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:16 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't we only 6 points down going into time on in the 3rd.?

We must have been doing something well or were the Bombers playing terribly ?

I'd hate to think what I'd be reading in here if we lost each quarter by 5 or 6 goals.

Three weeks ago we THRASHED the Cats in the last after they stayed with us all day. Runaway wins often look better (or worse) than they actually are.

Whilst I agree with some of what I've read, I reckon there's some over reacting going on. This is understandable. I felt pretty bad in the last quarter too but let's remember our last few games of last season.

We were getting flogged by teams lower than us (Ess, Dogs) but came out in the finals and beat PA and the Crows and ran the Lions to 9 points.

Oh, and after their absolute capitulation against us Geelong bounced back to a big win the following week !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:32 am

Collingwood have to learn to play out each quarter. Every week we give away cheap goals in time on. Is it a mental thing or a physical thing that causes these goals. Yesterday in second quarter Essendon kicked two goals after the 30 minute mark. That is disgraceful and undid any good work for the quarter. It was the same against Brisbane last week before half time.

Scott Burns has to start on the ground as he is one of our best players and needs to be given a full game.

I think we have hit rock bottom. We got flogged by a team missing Fletcher, Mercuri, Wellman and Ramanuskus.

Hopefully the players will be embarrassed by their performance and hit back in the next few weeks.

If Betheras can't get a senior game this week there is something wrong with our selection policy. At least i know with Betheras he will commit his body to every contest and give 110% every week. That is more than could be said for a few of the players out there yesterday.

jlc

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:33 am

MAGFAN8 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't we only 6 points down going into time on in the 3rd.?

Yeah, but what is the good of that when you let the opponent kick 3 easy goals in the dying minutes of each quarter?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:28 am

I've been as positive as anyone on this board but now for Blanch's home truths (yes he's still p*ssed about it)

MM - totally outcoached yesterday. Didn't put a foot right all day. Time to lift YOUR game.

Leon Davis - How can a guy have an impact on a game when he's on the bench for 3 qtrs? Needs to go to Willy next week....maybe the coach of Williamstown will let him stay on the park for more than 2 minutes

Alan Didak - is still reading the papers from the wiz cup days...a superstar you will be but you are NOT one yet.

Paul Licuria - someone told you that you don't "tag" anymore? used to be our best stopper. now you are just a run off player to collect 30 possessions of your own with no impact? ask james hird how to have an impact when on your own!

Josh Fraser - one of the few who put in 100% yesterday...the guy is all class and is a big game player.

Bux - is bux..no more said.

MCG - reads the ball beautifully but doesn't fit with our game plan of pin point passing...needs to do some skills work with kicking.

Woey - woeful yesterday....had a shocker.

Taz - tried all day.....did what he could.

Lockan - showed yesterday why he should never be let closer to goal... he must stay half back.

Freeborn - time for a stint at willy....experienced campaigner who never fired a shot.

Stunner - ok in patches.

Cloke - is a backman....yes a backman MM.

Clemo - solid again.

Johno - not as bad as many of the others..

OB - patchy like stunner.

Sorry for the long post but I've been a big "positive" person on this board and frustration is being released here. MM can take full responsibility for this result. I could go on all day how this result is what we deserved - yes we deserved it. We showed no respect for our opponent, MM the prime culprit. Our arrogance showed through. We thought we'd just steamroll them, and then when we didn't we thought it'd be alright, we'll surge and run over the top of them. This is one game we did not deserve to win and the result should bring a good look in the mirror for us, starting with the guy i've defended since day dot.....MM.

Having got all that off my chest, i have to say I'm confident we'll blow the swans to the shizenhouzen this week, and we are still on course for a top 4 finish.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:56 am

Quote:
Alan Didak - is still reading the papers from the wiz cup days...a superstar you will be but you are NOT one yet.

Or as Emperor Palpatine said... "You are strong in the force young Didak, but you are not a Jedi yet.."
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:47 pm

Really annoyed, this is the first game ever that i have said to myself "i cant watch this anymore".

The worst performance ive ever seen, at least when we were crap the team at least tried, that is something i cant say about yesterday. Only Buckley and Mcgough by my opinion can hold their heads high.

It got so bad that the fights in M3 were more interesting than the game.

Essendon played easy football, they went straight down the middle passed to forwards on leads and played on at evry oportunity, we did the complete opisite and that is why we got killed, i thought that after half time we would do the same as Essendon but ne we continued going to the flanks, going backwards and kicking to 3 on 1 contests, i tell you they better not pull out the same gameplan against Nick Davis!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: