Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What a complete and utter humiliation...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:31 pm
Post subject: What a complete and utter humiliation...Reply with quote

There is not a single positive thing that can be taken from today's game.

The fact that Buckley had to get 37 possessions shows how badly the rest of the team played.

Wowoedin was wowoeful and Leon Davis didn't even get a sniff of the Sherrin. We were totally outclassed. No excuses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
annewilo 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yes there is, better picks at the draft when we finish further down, we may be able to get some of essendons old hacks.

You know I used to go to every game and come away saying, oh well, we tried, maybe again next week, but I now believe you must not accept medeocrity, and that was rank!

Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:49 pm

Was horrible, no doubt. Worrying signs.. things seem to be falling apart. if mick was pissed last week, he'll peel the paint from the walls this week,which I would'nt blame him.
jokster265 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:14 pm

Imagine that Mick said that last week was the most disappointing game... crikey... i nearly had a heart attack when we let them back into it late in the third quarter. As for the last quarter - my grandma could have bagged a couple of goals if she played for essendon.
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:23 pm

very disappointing game i watched the whole game as my fiance is essendon im not happy one bit 2 weeks in a row too many players have been passengers. Its hard to judge 1 game, yes we were dreadful but maybe its time we had a thrashing to wake up the players if we lose to sydney next week then i believe we are in serious trouble for 2003.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:42 pm

i thought our performance was absolutely disgraceful..apart from Buckley and Molloy i cannot name another player who played well.
Seriously if we keep playing like this there is no way we will win the respect of the other team, MM would be absolutely FUMING and i dont blame him, but the thing was after the match i wasnt angry at all, i wsa more stunned and dissapointed with that showing, WE HAVE TO LEARNE HOW TO RUN OUT A FULL QTR
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:58 pm

back to earth yes but i no we dont want to harp on about last year
we were thumped by eagles and bombers last year but made a grand final
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:03 pm

I'm shattered because we are better than that. 3 Scum workmates are going to do me over on Monday. So much for Daniher knowing the playbook, I could have done better myself. No really, I could have. This one hurt more than the GF, more than the Wiz Cup because I really thought we were a power on the march. Normally i'm positive but i just have to vent.

FFS the rotation system isnt working. Why aren't we rotating with 7 or 8 mins to go in the quarter instead of letting us get run over in the last few mins which happens every damn week. Why don't they put Burns on the ground at this time, he just sits, itching to get out there and smash heads - wasted.

I named my son after Leon, but he's got to go and learn a) to pick the ball up b) to tackle instead of flinging himself at people like a ping pong ball at a wall c) to get at the fall of the ball instead of doing some of the half-assed flying through the air.

Presti needs a couple of good runs in the 2s as well, if the opposition hasn't got a lumbering gorilla then Presti has to sit IMO

Benny Johnson got it 40 times and wasted it 39, reminded me of myself and a few mates in the under 12s. Nah i could kick better & further in the air than him.

Lokan probably needs to go back to the twos and work his way back, which he will, give Rupert his spot back in spite of him doing nothing for Willi. He at least has done his time and needs to play. Either that or leave Lokan in for the season no matter what.

Fraser needs a pay cut, and needs to move back in with his mum.

Lonie seems to be drugged or something, he doesnt get near it much.

Williams read too many papers after the first two weeks, so did Woewodin.

At least Didak showed a little today, Licuria is nearly back to normal.

Surely O'Bree or Buckley are winning the Copeland.

Days like today make you cringe inside and remember the late 70s/early 80s (if you were born). Or the 60s for the old guys & gals.

Shattered.

Last edited by Cam on Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:05 pm

What a pathetic display the last quarter was.
We gave in without a fight which is not the Collingwood I want to see play.
Bucks tried his guts out as usual, so did Lica and Burns.
The rest of them may as well have gone home - I tell you what - I felt like it.
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:05 pm

What a pathetic display the last quarter was.
We gave in without a fight which is not the Collingwood I want to see play.
Bucks tried his guts out as usual, so did Lica and Burns.
The rest of them may as well have gone home - I tell you what - I felt like it.
Crazy_eyes 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:34 pm

We were awful, I could not even bear to watch it on TV so I went for a drive. I think if we play to this standard we would be luck to make the finals or even the top eight!

I support these guys very passionately, and feel very hurt when something like this happens. We will have to play Sydney next week, and then Adelaide... if we loose one of the two we will be FU**ED! Twisted Evil

daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:41 pm

In 2001 Brisbane got humiliated by Carlton. They didn't lose after that. Hoping this belting yanks the finger out of the team's ass (apart from Bucks, Lonie and Taz, who were the only bright lights). Not really any excuses, I wouldn't say the Dons are better but they were tougher, they wanted it more. Much, much more. There was hardly any heart from our boys. Hope they can find it again.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:43 pm

Hmmm. . . . THats really all I have to say about it.
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:29 pm

One thing this loss will do,is to see who are the TRUE collingwood supporters and who are just the bandwagoners, I for one,am in it for the long hull but its just really disappointing thats all.

I watched the entire game on tv, i even went into chat at one stage,not a pretty site in chat i can tell u.

Did Leon get a touch? He should be in Williamstown next week,they sent Rocca to williamstown last year and he got back to some form. I don;t think 1 bad day from Rocca should reduce him to the vfl side,if that was the case basically every single collingwood player should be sent there after this week.

Can someone explain to me why was Cloke up forward,when i thought he was a back?

Keep the faith in the Pies,I know its hard but lets show the rest of the AFL that we stick by our team,thru thick and thin.

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:21 pm

Cam wrote:
I named my son after Leon, but he's got to go and learn a) to pick the ball up b) to tackle instead of flinging himself at people like a ping pong ball at a ball c) to get at the fall of the ball instead of doing some of the half-assed flying through the air.

Is this your son or Leon Davis you are referring to?

Well, we know what we gotta do for next week, and the rest of the season...if we play like that v Swans, I will be tempted to start one of Dr Alfs famous COUNTDOWNS..(joke!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: