Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Davis and Didak

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grims 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:17 pm
Post subject: Davis and DidakReply with quote

Although these two are two of my favourite players they need to stop playing for free kicks, umpires are getting onto it and it will not pay them free kicks in future. It is really frustrating to watch people playing for free kicks Sad
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh i get angry when i see Didak and Lica in there restling when we have a shot at goal, they should use there brains and get out of there because thye could easily turn it over.
Whitey Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:50 pm

I think you're being a bit harsh on Dids there. Dids has been busy in a few wrestling matches but I don't think he's been playing for free kicks, rather just getting distracted from what he should be doing, and that's going after the ball. He's seems more interested in having the last word each time he gets into a stoush more lately. Leon plays for holding frees too much and then when the 'real' ones are there he consequently isn't payed them. Mick Malthouse should tell him to stop handballing 2cm in front of himself and stop kicking around corners all the time. They're only young though and two of my fave's also so I can't complain too much I spose. My two cents.
Whitey Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:58 pm

Quote:
yeh i get angry when i see Didak and Lica in there restling when we have a shot at goal

I don't mind Lica wrestling because he's primarily a tagger, as long as he doesn't get frees paid against him - which doesn't happen a whole lot. Lica's probably the biggest culprit at holding other players off the ball and getting away with it so it's okay if he's doing his job - but when it's at vital times when we have the ball it can be a problem, i agree.
Ant 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:16 am

Didaks a champ, no queries with him. Leon however, he does tend to do that whole handball in front of himself and play for a free, and i think he should stop because he's starting to look like the boy who cried wolf, meaning that when a free kick IS there and SHOULD be rewarded to him it probably wont be because the umpires think hes dodgy. Other then that hes a gun
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:28 am

leon your method of playing for a free kick is ok during kevin bartlets era not today as dermot brereton said take the ball you are going to get crunched now and then leon take the ball and back yourself with your pace if you get caught holding the ball so be it i would rathers see that than trying to play for a free kick.
angel 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:15 am

Dids probably will be a champ but he's not one yet. Unfortunately his failure to convert hurt us against the Lions. Leon does play for too many free kicks, but his body his arguably too slight when he comes up against the bully boy teams.
Zaius Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:44 am

Its plain to see that both do throw their hands around a bit to gain the umpires eye.

The free in which Daks pulled his player front under him during the Lions games was a perfect example. We all know he is better than that. The strenght both of these guys show shoudl be their weapon not "cheap' frees.

Well time will tell once we play the Dons and how many the free kick king "Loyd" gets!
pepstar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:56 pm

WE NEED TO GIVE THE YOUNG GUYS MORE LATITUDE.
THE GUYS JUST NEED TO BE MORE CONSISTENT WITH THEIR GAMES AND GOAL SCORING. THATS WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR AT THE MOMENT. I WOULDN'T MIND SEEING LEON IN THE MIDDLE MORE OFTEN. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: