Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mark McGough

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AbsoluteTallant wrote:
Hi Brown26

McG is 18. Yes it's incredibly early days to write anyone off. However I don't believe you can correct kicking. Brian Taylor suggested as much on telly the other day. He mentioned that he doesn't belive a player's natural technique should be (or can be?) totally reinvented, but rather he tries to make minor adjustments. Now Barge isn't necessarily an expert on kicking but it's a viewpoint from somoene who is employed as a skills coach, all be it at Footscray.

And he is such a great skills coach that no one at the Bulldogs could kick straight last year.

Players can change their style, all it takes is practice and determination.
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:15 pm

Hi Joel

I hope you are correct regarding McGs kicking as I think he may just be able to make it, despite his slow legspeed, if his kicking improves.

However if players can improve their kicking and all it takes is practice and detemination, why isn't Licuria a better kick now than he was years ago?
Ant 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:24 am

yeah gee mcgough has no future... ??????
the kids barely 18! He won the anzac day medal @ 17 and was BOG in his first game last year aagainst the hawks. He IS the BEST 18 year old footballer IN THE WORLD at the moment and theres no disputing that. AND, hes obviously going to improve- theres no doubt about that either. The kids a champ. How short some of your memories are! The kids a prodigy!
magpiefanatic 

Aged Pensioner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:26 am

By my signature and my avitar, you will all think I am biased or whatever but I am going to say it anyway..

But get off his case, he is 18 for F---S sake, has worked his butt off over summer and has built up enormously and his kicking has improved. He was oh so close to GF selection and given the conditions should have played. He had a huge year and here we are 4 weeks in and he is suddenly "gone". Goughy certainly hasn't been our worst and was dropped after being played out of position against Carlton. It was probably a matter also of simply not chosen against the Cats because he is not as quick as we would like him to be. Was the same in the Wizard Cup..played okay first 2 games, then dropped for the semi against Geelong.

How quick some people just want to bag out players for whatever reason. Tazza has copped so much bagging for so long, why???? Other posts are giving it Leon....Why? Even if they are playing below your expectations, they are young, and have so much ability and time on their side.

STOP ACTING LIKE CARLTON CLOWNS AND BAGGIN OUR OWN.

If we all lived in the perfect world, 22 Collingwood players would tie for the Brownlow and we would have won every premiership.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: