Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mongrel!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie24 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Me thinks Rupe has also got a bit of Kellyness in him!
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:50 am

do we really want 'mongrels'? All the names you've mentioned from other teams as 'mongrels' i see as filthy players, those with dirty tricks, who prefer to go the man rather than the ball...i certainly wouldn't want our boys tarnished with the same brush. I honestly never hear anyone say of our players .....oh he's a dirty b**stard, what a mongrel....and i'm happy that they don't. And if that's seen as them being professional, then i prefer that to having them called 'dirty b*rstards' anyday
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:17 pm

we don't need mongrels, we need players who are brutal on the guy with the ball. we have those already. i think brisbane expected us to come out like the grand final, when burnsy laid 11 tackles and the team laid 73, the first quarter or so they wussed it expecting us to be charging them down. when they realised we weren't in that kind of mood + our misses in front of goal, they relaxed and played their normal ball. Last night Bucks, Tazz, Rhyce, Williams & Woey did not lay one tackle between them. Freeborn, Stunner, BennyJ & Cloke only laid one each. Thats 4 tackles between 9 of our players - that's why we lost, ball pressure (i know bucks got lots of possies, but last year Bucks laid 99 tackles for the year about 4 a game - our best, stunner got a few hitouts and tazz had a fantastic game other than that) Burnsy & Licka laid 9 between the two of them. For the Lions Voss, Lappin & Black had 17 between the three, Mcrae, Johnson, & Brad Scott also had 4 each. The way you stifle the lions is through tackles, if you don't lay them, they get going. To beat them yes we need to kick straight, but we also need to belt them up like we did in the grand final. (at gabba 40 tackles, compared to 73 in the gf) (against the cats we laid 50, against the blues 50, against the tigers 45).

As we tackle, as we win.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:58 pm

Id rather have players who go hard at the ball than mongrels. It takes way more courage to hit the ball hard like Voss, Licuria, Burns, Archer and players of that ilk than wannabe thugs like Dean Wallis or Lynch who are only good at taking cheap shots.

jlc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: