Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

'THAT BANNER' questions must be answered !!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:06 pm

well neway i think its good that ppl like you do have time for the club and that and go out there and put in without being paid for it and im absolutely sure your work goes unappreciated a lot of the time, but wen u get some praise its good ay, and u do it for that safisfaction and bcos u WANT to do it, u dont HAVE to do it, but neway maybe he has a reason for not going down but i think neone who does stuff without being thanked (more often than not) is doing a good job, so good onyas Smile
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:05 pm

I think the ideas generated for banner ideas of this board are fantastic and some of them should be used. Half the fun of the banner is thinking of the slogan or design i would have thought.

Personally i thought the Concession ticket $600,000 idea thought up by someone on this board was very clever and more subtle and that should have been used.

jlc

magpie24 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:24 pm

I find it really dissapointing that joffa can put down people like thommo(life member cheer squad) and get away with it.
Thommo has poured his heart and soul into this club only to be downgraded Shocked Shocked Shocked

PUPPETS
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:17 am

magpie24 wrote:
I find it really dissapointing that joffa can put down people like thommo(life member cheer squad) and get away with it.
Thommo has poured his heart and soul into this club only to be downgraded Shocked Shocked Shocked

PUPPETS

Am i downgrading thommo umm i think not am i down grading people with meaningless stupid titles you bet i am.

cheersquad life member is a stupid meaningless title, it is no longer relevant,

now back the topic the peope the who created this mess are in indeed the AFL

Brisbane are recieving an extra 600 grand per year to supposedly keep players on there list its a bloody sham and its disgraceful and something has to be done, melbourne clubs are going under but the AFL continues to prop up interstate clubs, some one has the guts to speak out at this great injustice and gets shitbagged, remember the whole mess started when collingwood was told it couldnt show the banner and if it did would face a 20.000 fine....

The truth is i guess we dont give a shit about brisbane and the farcical payout it is given per year to keep players on its list instead we seem to be more concerned about who came up with the slogan..what a pathetic sad world we all now live in.

Boring people with boring lives and to think this has become the biggest football story so far this year really shows me the AFL is doomed and stuffed !!

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:47 pm

I have read and read the posts in here and with all i can see valid points. I agree that some of the passion has been lost. But this story may show you just how this game is becoming. We were sitting under the corporate boxes at the Main Street end of the Gabba. When things were going well for the pies the Police descended upon us(I counted Cool. We were just having harmless fun, as far as I know a bit of banter never hurt anyone.

As the game progressed the wankers in the corporate boxes started throwing ice on the Collingwood crowd below. Not only is this stupid but is also dangerous. One of the Collingwood supporters was hit just under the eye, so he proceeded to yell abuse at the thrower. Get this the police were going to throw him out until himself and others explained to the Police what happened. The Police swiftly moved into action waving for the infringers attention and told him to stop throwing ice. Clap, Clap Clap to the Police, Great work guys?????

Now if we had of as much as thrown paper in the air we probably would have been turfed out. Oh but excuse me if I am not a white collar wanker who gets his ticket for nothing and goes along to drink free piss.

My point is that if these events continue the true supporters will become lost to the yuppies who will ultimately destroy this game that I love.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:16 am

Its like with any "Life Member" its for services already rendered to the club. There are many Collingwood players who are life members of the club but it doesnt mean they help out in the day to day running or are seen around the club. However the contribution they made during their time at the club is not forgotten.

I think the same should apply to past cheersquad members who have made a contribution.

In a way its like a relay race and the baton has been passed on to the present day members. I would like to think that once the baton gets passed on that the contribution made by people like Joffa and Frankie also will not be forgotten!!!

jlc

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:19 am

I guess there are quite a bit. . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: