Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

'THAT BANNER' questions must be answered !!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bones 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Eddie would shutup about all this for a while and get on with the task at hand, "Becoming the greatest football club in the world", NOT becoming the club of whingers and whiners. YES that is how it is starting to look.
IF the banner had the channel 9 logo on it, then that is a bluddy disgrace.
We must keep advertising off the banner at all costs. As for political snips, it just ain't worth the effort.
Piepark 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 9:18 pm
Post subject: BannerReply with quote

I agree Bones, there are many ways we can get political mileage out of slagging Brisbane and the AFL rather than using a banner for it. I was dissapointed we had gone to that level whether it was a joke or not. Having said that, I would be more than happy for the AFL to pump heaps of money into Sydney and Brisbane as far as school clinics, promotional exercises, special events, advertising and any other promotion that will generate long term sustainable interest !!! Artificially builiding up clubs with extra money for short term gain, I.E. Increased salary caps, will not generate or sustain a club for the long term. Grass roots campaigning with ordinary people at schools, clinics and auskick events etc will. When Brisbane finally burst their success bubble this year or next, what will be the result? What will the AFL measure their success against? Membership, T.V. ratings, gate receipts or how many local clubs and schools are promoting AFL? I bet you the AFL will say Membership and TV ratings. It is so important the AFL competition develops ordinary people into playing and supporting the game first, then, and only then, helping clubs if they need it. The suprise will be if you got kids playing footy in Brisbane and Sydney, they wouldn't continually need help in years to come, because there membership and supporter base would be strong. Unfortunately, as Joffa says and I agree, ordinary people are coming last with the AFL, certainly in Melbourne, and I suspect in Brisbane and Sydney. Until the game is bought back to the people, then unfortunately, the people will slowly desert the game.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 9:55 pm

Very very well said Pie Park. Thats definatly where the extra 600, 000 needs to go.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:18 pm

Bones wrote:
I wish Eddie would shutup about all this for a while and get on with the task at hand, "Becoming the greatest football club in the world", NOT becoming the club of whingers and whiners. YES that is how it is starting to look.
IF the banner had the channel 9 logo on it, then that is a bluddy disgrace.
We must keep advertising off the banner at all costs. As for political snips, it just ain't worth the effort.

What the hell was on the banner that could label collingwood whingers and whiners..brisbane has won the last 2 flags with an added half a million to there salary cap to keep players on there list..where is our compensation for nick davis wanting and going back home to sydney.

Why shouldnt we speaK OUT over this great injustice its bloody hideous, so if it becomes political what do you suggest we do run away and stick our heads in the sand..

And for those complaining about the nine logo on the banner has it esaped your attention that this was ( thanks to collingwood ) the first ever live game on television broadcast from the gabba it just happened to be on channel nine it could of been very easily channel 10 i guess but the pre season programming had the game to be on channel 9.

Collingwood sold out the gabba NOT brisbane, brisbane get an extra 500.000- 600.000 grand NOT collingwood.

And the myth all cheersquads are for kids is crap whilst our great cheersquad encourages kids to get involved the great percentage of cheer squad persons are young adults upwards and that goes with all other clubs.

Eddie loves our cheersquad and promotes it greatly and wonderfuly, our cheersquad and dont forget your cheersquad as well is the loudest most passionate cheersquad in the business and to be forced to pull the banner apart on game day because some one got offended because some one had the guts to say it as it is..is BULLSHIT and its a disturbing sign, it smacks of the old iraq regime.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:25 pm

ramjet21 wrote:
agree ozboy - good show but i have trouble watching it when they constantly heap shit on us, especially turfie who knows bugger all about footy yet claims expert status.
as for the banner - ed obviously thought about how it would all play out before going ahead with it but, as much as i agree with his views on the salary cap, the banner is not the place to make a statement. not sure how the cheer squad feel about it but i feel they are being used as pawns in eddie's agenda. by all means get stuck into the bears, swans and the afl itself but when the guys run out on the ground, its the footy that concerns me.

The cheersquad loved the banner and i dont believe there is one cheersquad person who believes we are being treated like prawns, the banner was friendly banter and fun but im afraid it didnt go down to well with the baath party oops sorry i meant the AFL apparantly its offensive to have some fun at the footy...its a shame isnt it.

Joffa Corfe

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:43 pm

Actually its a ripper just wait till anzac day if you thought we were passionate and loud and proud yous aint seen nothing yet all this crap has fired me up and speaking to other cheersquad members they feel the same as well, we are ready to make the biggest noise ever seen at the football.

WE WILL NEVER BE SILENCED ..EVER!!!

Joffa Corfe

grims 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:53 am

What did the banner that they ran out to say cause i missed the first 10 miutes of the match.
thommo 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:37 am

The banner is for the kids of the cheer squad.
As a ex member of the cheer squad with several
years of run thru making with my brother and
two very good friends all life members of the cheer
squad, I find it a bit to much that the prez is know
writing and puting things on ths run thru to make a point.
Lets not get away from what the banner is for.
THE POSSUM PIES 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:16 pm

The Good Doctor is right, just like Melbourne Storm winning the NRL Grand Final, once again that word will appear, if its not the white maggots on the ground, its the tight arsed suits off it, or the clowns at the tribunal circus, we as Magpies want.........

CONSISTENCY!!! Evil or Very Mad
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:07 pm

thommo wrote:

Enjoy the status of your life membership of the cheersquad 'that boys club mentality' im glad to say was abolished 3 years ago, i allways chuckle when i hear about so called life members who do jack squat in helping the present day cheersquad,( where were the bloody high and mighty cheersquad life members 12 months ago ) the so called life members of the cheersquad are nowhere to be found when things are going well but as soon as the road gets rocky they appear like a rash
if i ever read another crap post anywhere on here about life members of the cheersquad i will vomit !!!

GO AWAY.

Joffa Corfe

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:21 pm

Thank you Joff..... very well said.....Wink
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:12 pm

well i think that the banner got more publicity bcos it was banned, haha that stuffed the afl up!

and another thing i have noticed, the coppers at the football are the biggest tightarses out, the ones out on the street are ok but the ones at the G, grrr!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:29 pm

joffa_the_man_in_gold wrote:
thommo wrote:

Enjoy the status of your life membership of the cheersquad 'that boys club mentality' im glad to say was abolished 3 years ago, i allways chuckle when i hear about so called life members who do jack squat in helping the present day cheersquad,( where were the bloody high and mighty cheersquad life members 12 months ago ) the so called life members of the cheersquad are nowhere to be found when things are going well but as soon as the road gets rocky they appear like a rash
if i ever read another crap post anywhere on here about life members of the cheersquad i will vomit !!!

GO AWAY.

hey that was a bit harsh!

maybe he had a REASON for leaving the CS, like other commitments.

he said he has put in years of making the runthru.

y not thank him for his contribution instead of going off?

oh and i thought he had a good point, its for the kids not political statements, that was a bit shit, saying 'its on nine'.
Whitey Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:45 pm

As long as Eddie doesn't make a trend of it I don't see any problem with him having input into the banner. I don't think what he wrote was particularly damaging anyway. I'm not really sure what a banners there for, but in my mind it's a bit of fun, and what's written is usually just to stir up pride in your team and so on. I think the banner did that and added to the rivalry between the teams, so why not. Hypersensitivity only serves to give issues more spotlight than they deserve. This is a non issue.
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:41 pm

CQ wrote:
joffa_the_man_in_gold wrote:
thommo wrote:

GO AWAY.

hey that was a bit harsh!

maybe he had a REASON for leaving the CS, like other commitments.

he said he has put in years of making the runthru.

y not thank him for his contribution instead of going off?

oh and i thought he had a good point, its for the kids not political statements, that was a bit shit, saying 'its on nine'.

No not harsh at all infact i did restrain myself, this current cheersquad will be the greatest cheersquad in collingwood's history, why doesnt his so called cheersquad life members get on here and say how good things are looking and how great it all sounds, with the exception of dillo no ex cheersquad person or life member of the cheersquad has offered any expertise in the great experience they have obtained, instead they hide behind this crap of being a cheersquad life member what the hell is a cheersquad life member ?

Are they at banner making in the middle of winter when its freezing bloody cold 10.30 in the evening

Do they pop down into cheersquad on match days to offer any assistance

When we were having some trouble with the cheersquad last year a call was put out for old cheersquad people and cheersquad life members to come down and help out..we got jack shit response.
Infact there is no such thing as a cheersquad life member if you dont pay yearly to be a cheersquad memebr you aint a memebr of the cheersquad.

I tell you when you might see some cheersquad life members they come down to banner making the week prior to blockbusters or during the finals series in hope of scabbing free tickets.

Sad isnt it !!

Anyway back to the topic after ringing many cheersquad members over the last few days everyone is supportive of the role eddie involves himself in with the cheersquad.
And equally important we all absolutely disgusted with the treatment from the AFL over the banner...The bloody problem doesnt lay with eddie or the cheersquad it lays solely at the feet of the stinking AFL.

Joffa Corfe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: