Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL to let Port wear Black and White Strip!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mucking with tradition is called progress.

Sometimes its good sometimes not so.

Our spiritual home for 100 years has been Vic Park. But where are we based now?
Kenno25 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:24 pm

Tarrant In the Pocket wrote:
When is this "Dr" Alf going to pull his head in? He calls himself a Magpies supporter, yet, as soon as our tradition is questioned, in this case, our gernsey, he bats for the other side!

Cast your mind back to when we played port eariler this year, and they requested us to change our gernsey. Alf was in their quick as a flash saying lets wear red! also he started carrying on about the old Brittania club, and about how we have no right to say that the black and white belong to us.

Alf, I think your a plant by the AFL or carlton, trying to upset the supporters of this club. You are not a collingwood supporter thats for sure. if you were would would fight, like alot of others on this site for our heritage and tradition.

Alf, you tease tradition like it is a plaything, something which can be disguarded at the click of a finger. You want people to hear your opinions, and you believe them to be gospel, and as soon as someone disagrees with you, you attempt to shoot them down.

"Dr" Alf, if you really are a Dr by education you would be aware of difference of opinion. A difference of opinion is NOT a free pass to attack someone because their opinion varies to yours.

I recommend that you get your self worked out quickly, and work out if indeed you are a Magpies supporter. If your not, then do us all a favour and go and follow Carlton. With John gone, they need another ratbag in the ranks.

Tarrant in the Pocket, he's a born and bred Adelaide boy who "used" to barrack for Port Adelaide, join the dots !
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:30 pm

Progress? Bullshit. Its called losing history. Our gernsey is really all we have left now that connects us to Collingwood as such. We arent at Collingwood anymore, so lets cut the name Collingwood while were at it. Hell, why not get rid of the Magpie while we're at it, I havent seen any at the MCG. oh and for the sake of Progress, lets get rid of our club song, and stuff it, we can change our colours too.

Progress my arse, its called destroying history.

Progress is when a balance is found between tradition and being modern. We can be the most modern team in the AFL, and we are, however, for us to be modern we NEED our traditions.

"Mucking with tradition is called progress" They said the same thing about Rugby League in 1995 when Superleage came along. They disreguarded tradition, and concentrated fully on money, and my team was killed. I used to follow the Western Suburbs Magpies, I still do, but they no longer play the top grade.

I follow collingwood because of Tradition. The minute all tradition is lost is the minute I leave. Our strongest link to tradition is our Gernsey. If another team wears it, or we are FORCED to change it, then stuff that - Im out of here. Its bad enough to have to wear our Away strip with the big magpie on it. I like it, but its steping away from OUR tradition.

Port Power get stuffed. Your not collingwood, you never will be. Collingwood Forever!

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:35 pm

Kenno25 wrote:

Tarrant in the Pocket, he's a born and bred Adelaide boy who "used" to barrack for Port Adelaide, join the dots !

but he's still entitled to his opinion......as is anyone.

Tarrant in the Pocket, Alf doesn't bat for the other side, he just gives you his opinion, though I can't say I agree with some of the 'abuse' this thread has provoked.

Cam kind of hit it on the head, sometimes keeping tradition is good, sometimes not. I'm sure there's plenty of 'traditions' that have gone by the wayside...Sat afternoon football, sponsors now on 'traditional' jumpers, blah blah blah....if Port Adelaide want to wear a 1914 jumper, fine. That's their business. If it comes to a clash of jumpers, home team should keep theirs.

all I want is a pies win next game.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:40 pm

You better shut the door on the way out, Tarrant ... because Colllingwood's "tradition" went down the shitter about 30 years ago.

Oh, and by the way ... you're a liar ... I said nothing about Brittania.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:48 pm

Kenno25 wrote:

... he's a born and bred Adelaide boy who "used" to barrack for Port Adelaide, join the dots !

Yeah, good idea ... Join the dots. Maybe you can get your mum to buy you a nice new set of coloured pencils.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:52 pm

Carlton now !

I'm getting quite an impressive collection of clubs here.

Carlton
Richmond
Essendon
Sydney
Adelaide
Port Adelaide

Oh ... and you'd better add Freo because I reckon they're gunna kick Collingwood's arse this week.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:55 pm

Port Power get stuffed. Your not collingwood, you never will be. Collingwood Forever!

Tarrant In The Pocket, get stuffed. You're not Tarrant. You never will be. Collingwood Forever.
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:02 pm

See "Dr Alf", that kind of abuse is exactally what people are on about in this forum. Unfortunently, as a Dr such as yourself would know, scarcasm is the lowest form of Wit. And if you are from adelaide, it sure goes a long way to explain why your opinions are so odd, and why you have the undying urge to attack everyone for having a different opinion to yourself

You make me tired Alf, I would have thought a Dr would have given me a better run for my money. Boring, very boring indeed.

As for all those teams, Carlton would be the only team DESPERATE enough to want you on their memberlists - Even the Swans arent that desperate...

You see alf, you are but a play thing for me. I get to leave my comments on this site, and now they stir you. You dont even give me any real reason to respond to your posts because they are so irrelevant. Yawn and indeed Yawn...

Last edited by DidakinthePocket on Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:05 pm

Dr Alf Andrews wrote:

Oh ... and you'd better add Freo because I reckon they're gunna kick Collingwood's arse this week.

I am probably wasting my breath but we don't want to know what you reckon if it's that bad.

I, too prefer to be pessimistic rather than too optimistic but you are just downright depressingly negative.

Lighten Up!

I hope you'll be happy if you're proven wrong.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:07 pm

stik35 wrote:
Dr Alf Andrews wrote:

I am probably wasting my breath but we don't want to know what you reckon if it's that bad.

I, too prefer to be pessimistic rather than too optimistic but you are just downright depressingly negative.

Lighten Up!

I hope you'll be happy if you're proven wrong.

I think it's ok really, I'm sure that every time I've seen Alf say we're gonna lose, we win...and we win well Smile

Maybe this is Lou Richards and his Kiss of Death in disguise?
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:12 pm

... And if you are from adelaide, it sure goes a long way to explain why your opinions are so odd ...

What sort of half-arsed pseudo racist claptrap is this?

You've just alienated every South Australian Collingwood supporter. And there are plenty of them.

How does it feel, <abuse removed - WhyPhilWhy? for the Mods>
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:21 pm

It doesn't worry me Alf, because being a collingwood supporter voids the fact that you are South Australian.

Lets put that question of yours into plain english Alf, something which you may find hard to understand.

What sort of weak, falsely racist question is this?

Well alf, its really about as weak as your grasp on the english language my friend.

Joe 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:21 pm

I can live with it as long as it doesnt look like our jumper for one game only.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:32 pm

prototype (hope you don't mind) and i have decided that we are wearing this jumper when next we play port. (yes its in another thread, but this one is getting more views)

@port7.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: