Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Treatment of Nick Daicos

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Nick is a rookie still who’s attracted loads of attention
His body isn’t developed or ready for this constant pounding of illegal tactics

Right. Simple then. He should never have been played on the ball. We can't have it both ways. Other clubs would simply be laughing at us. I know Carlton is.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:36 pm

The whingeing and whining and victim thinking in this thread is getting embarrassing. Senior football is a tough business. Nick wants to play on the big stage so he needs to learn to deal with it as do his team mates. As I said earlier opposition sides only do this stuff if they think they can get away with it. If they know the heat comes back to them the same way, they are apt to think twice before doing it. That has always been the way, not crying about it, crying to umpires or taking legal action ffs.
CPtechno12 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:48 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Seriously, if our club publicly decried the treatment of Naicos, it would only make matters worse. He would be ridiculed as a cry baby who can't handle the heat of senior footy.

My only criticism is that other players should have been blocking and bumping the tagger, to assist Daics.

100%
blybo 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:58 pm

I believe Nick's incredible start to his career, and obvious self confidence has gotten some senior players off side at times. I've heard a few players interviewed where they say he better learn how to deal with a tag, rather than flying the flag for him and help him out. Adams comes to mind in particular and I reckon I've seen him not give the handball to Nick running past even though a good option.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:25 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

As I said earlier, my criticism is actually directed at our other midfielders for not regularly smashing his tagger out of the way. Maynard seems to be the only one who understands what is required, and he's not a midfielder. Adams, De Goey, Crisp and even Pendles need to step up and show some mongrel . Do that and our opponents will soon be 2nd guessing themselves and will begin taking their eyes off Nick.

Absolutely!!! Mad
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:44 pm

blybo wrote:
I believe Nick's incredible start to his career, and obvious self confidence has gotten some senior players off side at times. I've heard a few players interviewed where they say he better learn how to deal with a tag, rather than flying the flag for him and help him out. Adams comes to mind in particular and I reckon I've seen him not give the handball to Nick running past even though a good option.

Okay I’ll bite. Could you please provide solid evidence for this claim? Otherwise it sounds like the crap opposition fans dribble with made up rubbish and I stopped being gullible years ago. Also don’t you get that this is a bad reflection on Craig McRae’s coaching that he allows this “attitude” to happen on the field? Surely he has more control than that? Nah, it stinks of rubbish.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:51 pm

drivel : NOUN
nonsense:"don't talk such drivel!"

dribble : NOUN
a thin stream of liquid; a trickle:
"a dribble of blood"

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:55 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

As I said earlier, my criticism is actually directed at our other midfielders for not regularly smashing his tagger out of the way. Maynard seems to be the only one who understands what is required, and he's not a midfielder. Adams, De Goey, Crisp and even Pendles need to step up and show some mongrel . Do that and our opponents will soon be 2nd guessing themselves and will begin taking their eyes off Nick.

Absolutely!!! Mad

+ 2

If I don’t see assertive play from now on, I’ll be concerned about that. Easy fix. A guy named Murphy used to play on a wing for Sydney/South Melbourne. Pull out a Video of how Millane played against him on the wing and how Murphy used to absolutely shit himself when Pants was contesting was the ball. Nothing illegal, just Millane’s total ownership of the space and the next possession. This is compulsory viewing. What a legendary player Pants was.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:57 pm

Lazza, if I can find the footage of Essendon hard man Ben Doolan touching cloth when Millane challenged him at Victoria Park on arvo I'll load it up.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:00 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
Lazza, if I can find the footage of Essendon hard man Ben Doolan touching cloth when Millane challenged him I'll load it up.

LH, I would love to see that! The strength that Pants played with must be replicated in our team. The players should never play without that strength.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:05 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:
Lazza, if I can find the footage of Essendon hard man Ben Doolan touching cloth when Millane challenged him I'll load it up.

LH, I would love to see that! The strength that Pants played with must be replicated in our team. The players should never play without that strength.

Indeed. Although Maynard plays just as hard. Millane was blessed with a midfielders skill-set. I'll see if I can track it down.
It happemded right in front of me at the Social Club.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:27 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Absolutely!!! Mad

I agree, but we’d get pinged and give away free kicks or get reported. De Goey especially after his last bump.

There’s physical footy and hard tags, and then there’s the shit Nick has put up with since Sydney. I swear the umps are upset Ginnivan’s not playing so they transfer their disdain to Nick. The umps just needed to blow the whistle, have a quiet word to the opposition captain before the game, and the worst would have ended weeks ago.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:02 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Absolutely!!! Mad

I agree, but we’d get pinged and give away free kicks or get reported. De Goey especially after his last bump.

There’s physical footy and hard tags, and then there’s the shit Nick has put up with since Sydney. I swear the umps are upset Ginnivan’s not playing so they transfer their disdain to Nick. The umps just needed to blow the whistle, have a quiet word to the opposition captain before the game, and the worst would have ended weeks ago.

...Did no umpire ever.

High profile players have always attracted extra pressure and physical play. Its how they deal with it that is the sign of their mettle. And if a player doesnt stand up for himself, why should his team mates? Peter Daicos himself never took a backward step on the field and I bet has some wise words for his son. I'm sure Nick will work through it but it's not going to happen overnight - but it will happen!

As for Ginnivan to a degree he's brought it on himself with his obvious ducking and cocky attitude about it. He needs to throw that out of his game and use his obvious talent to win the hard ball.

Last edited by Gerry Cooper on Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:04 pm

Name one other young player this year getting the shit Nick has copped. Name one.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:06 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Name one other young player this year getting the shit Nick has copped. Name one.

Do you want a tissue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: