Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 616, 617, 618 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Done. Knocked off TP as king of the bored board Razz

Sorry foo', reign's over. Meet the new king. Mr. Green

I'm going to feel so great about this tomorrow.

I so hope you didn't jump up on the table and re-enact the scene from Titanic

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Hehehe I'm just imagining that!
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:29 am

For the last 3 years (or so) I've been trying to introduce my seeing eye dog Dog to the joy of fetch.
I'd pick up a stick and he'd bolt (a produce of his time as a pup), I throw a ball and sometimes he'd follow it but lose interest as soon as it stopped rolling.
I'd tell him to pick it up and he'd just look at like.."it's your ball, if you want it you pick it up"!
He's a Smithfield-Huntawae and loves a good run* (3-k's a is "light run") but stihl no love for chasing a ball!
I don't have a car atm so making sure he is exercised was getting problematic because the missus (and most of my friends don't like his big nails ripping the crap out of their back seats (fair enough but they aint getting a Christmas card this year)!
I bought him a round chew toy last week and I got a tentative half chase but he destroyed it after a good 5 min chew
Anywae I was at the pet shop yesterdae and saw a mint flavoured solid rubber ball.
I showed it to him in the afternoon, got a chase and retrieve and let him spend the night chewing it.
~ Woke up a.m and 6.10 with the dog sticking his face under the doona and a big slimy mint flavoured ball in the small of my back!
I hit him with a pillow (and a couple of hours later) took him (and the ball) outside to play!
He had a ball (literally and metaphorically)!!!
I was wondering why this ball worked when no others did and I think it is the mint.
He has only 1 eye (he is a Collingwood dog) and I think when the ball stopped he couldn't seing it, at least with mint if seeing it is a problem, sniffing it out isn't!
I'm sure no one gives a crap but... here's my dog (Dog) having some brand new fun!!! Very Happy Cool

*Especially if there's rabbits to chase! Cool
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:32 am

Thanks for sharing 3, I like stories like that!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:36 pm

3.14159 wrote:
For the last 3 years (or so) I've been trying to introduce my seeing eye dog Dog to the joy of fetch.
I'd pick up a stick and he'd bolt (a produce of his time as a pup), I throw a ball and sometimes he'd follow it but lose interest as soon as it stopped rolling.
I'd tell him to pick it up and he'd just look at like.."it's your ball, if you want it you pick it up"!
He's a Smithfield-Huntawae and loves a good run* (3-k's a is "light run") but stihl no love for chasing a ball!
I don't have a car atm so making sure he is exercised was getting problematic because the missus (and most of my friends don't like his big nails ripping the crap out of their back seats (fair enough but they aint getting a Christmas card this year)!
I bought him a round chew toy last week and I got a tentative half chase but he destroyed it after a good 5 min chew
Anywae I was at the pet shop yesterdae and saw a mint flavoured solid rubber ball.
I showed it to him in the afternoon, got a chase and retrieve and let him spend the night chewing it.
~ Woke up a.m and 6.10 with the dog sticking his face under the doona and a big slimy mint flavoured ball in the small of my back!
I hit him with a pillow (and a couple of hours later) took him (and the ball) outside to play!
He had a ball (literally and metaphorically)!!!
I was wondering why this ball worked when no others did and I think it is the mint.
He has only 1 eye (he is a Collingwood dog) and I think when the ball stopped he couldn't seing it, at least with mint if seeing it is a problem, sniffing it out isn't!
I'm sure no one gives a crap but... here's my dog (Dog) having some brand new fun!!! Very Happy Cool

*Especially if there's rabbits to chase! Cool

Hey ta, I might try that.

My big American Bulldog has no interest in chasing anything unless it's another dog. I bought one of those Kong things which you put dog treats in, but no interest. In the kong OR the dog treats. Confused

I might try jamming a slice of Pizza in there and see if that works (he lurves pizza) and if that fails I'll try the mint ball.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:21 pm

Very cool 3.14

I reckon smell has something to do with it,

I can throw 6 balls at once, so,e the same, the rest similar, and Molly will come back with the same one every time. If you throw the wrong one, she just looks at you like, no, not that one!

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:22 pm

It's definitely the smell.
He didn't want a bar of it at first but he got chewing it and I started rolling it and bang his interest was peaked!
I'm pleased to hear it's not just my dog that has trouble acting like... a real dog.
He was rescued from a farm and stihl has problems (including the lost eye) so when he does something as basic as chasing a ball I feel like a proud first time parent...yikes!
partypie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:41 pm

I had a dog who used to look at me with a "why on earth do you throw balls, anyone would think I'm a dog" look anytime I tossed a ball for him.

In a similar vein, when it was suggested to a country policeman that he hang round and chase hoons after the local pub closed, he refused stating that if God had meant him to chase cars he would have been born with four legs and a tail!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:15 pm

Took the afternoon off.

Sitting out the front having a drink and the magpies started coming in the yard looking for tucker so I came inside and got a cooked sausage out of the fridge.

Went out the front and sat on the step and started cutting up the sausage, before you know it I had 5 magpies within 2 metres looking at me.

A couple actually came over and took a piece out of my fingers, the rest I had to throw about 2 feet to them. Very Happy

Left them to it after they cleaned up all the sausage and I left some cooked chicken on a rock in the front yard for them.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:18 pm

See you later. . What is your chair like?
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:41 pm

Nice one Stui!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Thank you for your kindness.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:36 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Took the afternoon off.

Sitting out the front having a drink and the magpies started coming in the yard looking for tucker so I came inside and got a cooked sausage out of the fridge.

Went out the front and sat on the step and started cutting up the sausage, before you know it I had 5 magpies within 2 metres looking at me.

A couple actually came over and took a piece out of my fingers, the rest I had to throw about 2 feet to them. Very Happy

Left them to it after they cleaned up all the sausage and I left some cooked chicken on a rock in the front yard for them.

If you want to encourage them into the garden (I wouldn't) and haven't got time to fire-up the barbie try a wedge of butter or some cubes of cheese!
They love it!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:08 pm

^

I'm just staying on their good side. When they're swooping everyone I can walk through the park with no hassles. They recognise me and leave me alone and swoop anyone else in sight. Wink

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:57 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Took the afternoon off.

Sure beats the time you put peanut butter on your rock and left to the magpies...

I'll never get those images out of my mind...

Don't make me call the RSPCA again.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 616, 617, 618 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 617 of 866   

Jump to: