Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 601, 602, 603 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
^ though we disagree on the Gayle business, which is about fair treatment of an individual in the course of their job, I agree with you in general. Most of this stuff is just a power play. some groups have the right to make the power play. I have the right to resist, and free spech - up to the point where it encourages violence - is absolute. I have come to regard twitterstorms as a sign that someone has had a thought of their own, and offended the cackling animals in the barn, who do not.

Yep, it is OK to disagree. I generally agree with your comments. The sad thing is that the profusely lazy media get their "stories" from social media these days and not the other way around as has been the practice for centuries. That's why they are referred to as being media hacks.
Therefore a few of the perpetually or permanently offended can whinge, whine and sook about anything (they are the whinging gold medallists after all) and it becomes news. Whether it is staying 10 mts longer in a queue or bagging an airliner that correctly stopped hovercrafts being on a plane or whatever million of things they constantly and selfishly whinge and sook about while totally ignoring the far more important and sadder stuff happening in the rest of the world. It is what we used to call attention seeking behaviour that has gone viral now because the non discerning hack media give these bloody fools oxygen for their over 15 mts worth of fame.. Rolling Eyes

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:38 pm

^

And it's circular.

Because the bleatings on social media get given oxygen by the mainstream media, they get their reward and do it more often and harder.

Net result, a tiny number of professional wingers and offendees are shaping social comment in the country. Rolling Eyes

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:33 pm

Lazza wrote:
Political correctness and PC pertrators ruining this gorgeous country and any sense of larrikinism.

As a Sri Lankan born person I well remember being at a SL organised do where an Aussie comedian stated that the first prize in a raffle was one week in SL and the second prize was two weeks in SL (in other words the first prize was the lesser evil). How hard the predominantly SL born crown laughed their heads off!!
Today that poor bugger would have been fined, whipped or taken to court by some conveniently offended twerp who had a bloody huge pappadum on their shoulder.

Well-said!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:36 am

My fkn ankle is really pissing me off.

No inflammation, no pain, until it decides to hurt and if there's a pattern to when it decides it's too hard for me to figure out.

Walking through the shops earlier on the way to the car after grocery shopping, generally fine, a few twinges but nothing much, then all of a sudden, BANG, like I'd been stabbed in the ankle when I put the foot down. If I wasn't holding a shopping trolley I would have gone down. Mad

Just managed to stay upright, stood on the other foot and gave the ankle a flex. Nothing. Put it back on the ground. No pain, not even mild discomfort.

Walked back to the car, tentatively at first then normal, no dramas.

Fkn bastard of a thing. Evil or Very Mad

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:39 pm

Sook.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:44 pm

Thanks for the words of support mate, appreciate the sympathy. Wink

Your time will come in a few years when those areas you hurt playing sport suddenly start hurting for no reason. Razz

King Monkey 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:51 pm

Already there. I just deal with it and move on.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
(Nah, I'm a big sook too. Laughing )

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:56 pm

Oops. Too much data.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:57 pm

Hah, I deal with he knees, back and shoulder no dramas, it's just pain. but the fkn ankle is a terrorist, attacks when you don't expect it then behaves fine until the next attack. Sad
King Monkey 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:20 pm

When I was younger I always thought old people were full of sh1t.
Now my knee aches when the weather gets cold! Laughing Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:30 pm

LOL, give it a few more years you'll be able to forecast the weather 3 days out based on what hurts and what doesn't. Razz Wink
King Monkey 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:37 pm

Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:13 pm

I think about it when I get down low. What else can I do while I'm down here? Cos getting back vertical is a pain, in the knees, the back! And yet it doesn't bother me when I'm doing Pilates!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:17 pm

I get annoyed at having to repeat myself so taking 20 women on a tour of where their office is moving to nearly did me in. Whoever said women have good listening skills is a moron. I had to explain the same thing 15 times cos as soon as I finished explaining it, someone would ask the question I just answered. FMD. ARRRGGGHHHH.

So now tomorrow I'm going to need to write to all of them to reiterate what I said and I'm going to have at least 12 of the 20 who each heard something different to what I said.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:03 am

stui magpie wrote:
I get annoyed at having to repeat myself so taking 20 women on a tour of where their office is moving to nearly did me in. Whoever said women have good listening skills is a moron. I had to explain the same thing 15 times cos as soon as I finished explaining it, someone would ask the question I just answered. FMD. ARRRGGGHHHH.

So now tomorrow I'm going to need to write to all of them to reiterate what I said and I'm going to have at least 12 of the 20 who each heard something different to what I said.

Used to happen all the time in Defence. Used to be a shitfight for window seats, NOT near the door (where is sos and so now) and all sorts of pissing contests. When a Govt appointed physchologist interviewed me about depression he said I couldn't handle change. I then went chapter and verse over moves, restructures etc and told him to belt it up his clacker.

Good luck with it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 601, 602, 603 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 602 of 719   

Jump to: