Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Hawks. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

derkd wrote:

Got to say....we would all be very grateful to the media for rounding on both Collingwood and Nick Diacos calling him selfish etc....perfect fuel to fire this team up.

We need the media to attack us every week!!!

BINGO.

Post of the week mate. We have become a media darling this season and Collingwood all too easily drinks its own bathwater. If the media start hating on us again we might rediscover our competitive instincts and go for the jugular more often. Come on media give it to us both barrels!
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:39 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Anyone have stats? Feels to me Markov took off recently and Noble’s dropped off a bit. I like that both have upside and give us options. IQ’s been giving us more dash too, so Noble’s maybe playing a slightly different role? Absolutely no negative to Johnny, we just have more players giving us that run and dash now. Crisp another and Bruz has been running up the ground more recently.

Noble had his worst game of the year last week. I thought Markov was good.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:00 pm

shawthing wrote:
It's a danger game. Hawthorn is much better than their ladder position suggests. And over the years they have been a bogey side. We have to come out blazing for at least 3 quarters to win this one.
should not be, they are 3rd bottom, we are top, they are a bunch of no names, if we lose to Hawthorn, then that would show where we are at
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:04 pm

Strong side, but I stll hope Jack ginnivan comes in soon, hes a real livewire, we need him for the big matches soon.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:08 pm

mudlark wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Outs:

* Cox: omit
* Lipinski: omit
* Mitchell: manage
* Pendles: manage

Ins:

* Johnson
* Ginnivan (sub)
* Carmichael: reward
* Hill

Ginnivan has done absolutely nothing to justify a spot in the seniors.Not even as sub. Johnson in Cox out Hill in and I don't know who the out for him will be,is about as far as it will go

rubbish Jack ginni has been great in the VFLfor two weeks, done very well obviously you have not watched him, hes done his time, should come bak in. , Surprised

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:10 pm

Culprit wrote:
Ginni maybe loved by everyone but I can’t have him and Hill in the same team. I’ll go further and predict Ginni won’t be wearing black and white next year. The umpiring fraternity and media have crucifiee him. He needs a change of club. Personally I’d get a lawyer and sue the AFL and Umpires as Sellwood did the same thing for a decade.

yeh, brilliant idea, he goes to say the Bluescum and becomes a cult hero there an a real star agiainst us, yeh brilliant idea. NOT Surprised Confused Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:26 pm

Good argument that the team named this week
is the best one we’ve fielded all year. I’m tending to think so.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:50 pm

Then this team needs to win decisively against third bottom of the ladder.
We need to have a rising wave profile of form right now, 4 weeks out from finals.
Will be expecting a rebound from last week, and a clinical display against Hawthorn.
Not at all a 100 point win.
Just a win which was never at any stage in doubt will be enough to get us onto the required wave profile.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:57 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Strong side, but I stll hope Jack ginnivan comes in soon, hes a real livewire, we need him for the big matches soon.

I think there is a real possiblity he could still come in over the next 4 rounds. He needs to ensure that he ticks the necessary boxes in the VFL, and even adds a few more ticks to the ledger as well.
Our forward line is still in relative flux, I believe. Nothing is fully cemented. If Ginnivan kills it in the VFL this round, he might well find himself selected in the following week.
He is only 20. I don't see him spitting the dummy on us and seeking a trade just because this year he has spent time in the VFL to improve his game. As you so often say, in Fly we trust. I believe that the coaches are implementing a plan to get Ginni to the level of effort and capability required at AFL level. His preseason this year was sabotaged by his own thoughtless behaviour. I don't think his next preseason will suffer the same fate. He will definitely be a collingwood player in 2024. We are aware of his potential, and would not want to let it slip out of our grasp.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:37 am

I’m not exactly shocked to see Hoskin-Elliott dropped, but the fact that he hasn’t even been named in the emergencies really surprises me. Must be his first VFL game in a very long time coming up.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:13 am

He's named as Sub.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:49 am

Nope, Markov’s the named sub this week.

Full team here:

B: Jeremy Howe, Darcy Moore, Isaac Quaynor
HB: Brayden Maynard, Nathan Murphy, Scott Pendlebury
C: Steele Sidebottom, Patrick Lipinski, Josh Daicos
HF: Bobby Hill, Brody Mihocek, Nick Daicos
F: Jamie Elliott, Daniel McStay, Beau McCreery
R: Darcy Cameron, Jordan De Goey, Jack Crisp
Int: Tom Mitchell, John Noble, Taylor Adams, Ash Johnson
Sub: Oleg Markov

Emg: Billy Frampton, Jack Ginnivan, Mason Cox

In: Hill, Johnson
Out: Cox, Hoskin-Elliott (sub)

(By the way, I found the answer to my question – the last, and as far as I can tell only, time WHE played VFL while he was on our list was in Round 1 2021 against Werribee.)

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:08 am

It's a very strong team. I expect a convincing win
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:15 am

It's a very strong team for sure, but I'd still like to see Ginni return in a week or two. Who he replaces, I haven't a clue, but maybe Lipinski is on a little shaky ground? I guess the inevitable injuries to players will no doubt come in to play, opening up opportunities to others.
Swanny2011 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:06 am

The only way Ginni gets into the team is if we have an injury or two. There are players ahead of him at the moment that offer greater speed and flexibility (players able to play multiple positions).
Good to see WHE being left out as well, he has helped us out along the journey but he has continually let as down in big games.

Nothing personal here but I hope neither of them get an opportunity to get back into the team in 2023, because if they don't it means I think we the strongest and best team available for finals footy.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: