Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Where are we at?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:19 am
Post subject: My takeReply with quote

When you boil it all down Collingwood only have 1 man that's Grundy the rest are either injured out of form or suspect or a combination of all Collingwood need a desperate clean out in all areas they need more then a "review "
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s like being very late to the school social, and almost everyone has picked a partner already. And you look at who’s left...
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:29 pm
Post subject: IS our sesaon done nonw ??Reply with quote

With now Mason Cox gone for rest of season I reckon our season is just bout done now, we are done. Lets face it, we cant win the flag now, its not just him, its these whole walking wounded, as Bartel calls us, our massive injury list that never ends, never, has destroyed any chance we have of the flag now. Add to the Stephenson fiasco and its just been a pretty ongoing disaster, really, this season. I reckon we may as well bow out, early, get some early draft picks, delist unfit players, retire some, recruit hard and re load next seaon with a full, and healthy list, start afresh from next season with a fully fit team, if we can. Oh and re sign Grundy too, that's a must.

We cant win the Premiership with this injury riddled team, now Cox, may as well look towards next season,and better times. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:31 pm

Sorry, for typos, I meant IS OUR SEASON DONE NOW ?. in heading.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:11 pm

This team below represents a lot of hope (and good luck with players coming back from injury) as we look five weeks ahead.

The only potential change to this team that would leave us with one 'legit' ruckman would be to play Goldsack, off the bench, as Grundy's back-up in a similar way to how Richmond played Shaun Grigg in 2017.

If we can dominate stoppages, I still believe that this side is capable of winning what looms as an unlikely flag this gloomy Monday

B: Howe. Roughead. Maynard
HB: Crisp. Moore. Greenwood
C: Phillips. Pendlebury. Sidebottom
HF: C Brown Mihocek Hopkin-Elliott
F: Elliott. De Goey. Stephenson

Ruck: Grundy. Adams
Rov: Treloar

IC: Sier, Max Lynch, Mayne, Varcoe

Others: Goldsack, Scharenberg, Daicos, Murphy, Broomhead, Noble, Appleby,Wills, Tyler Brown, Quaynor, Crocker,

Unavailable: Reid, Cox, Beams, Langdon, Murray, Dunn, Kelly,

K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:41 pm
Post subject: Re: IS our sesaon done nonw ??Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
... I reckon we may as well bow out, early, get some early draft picks, delist unfit players, retire some, recruit hard and re load next seaon with a full, and healthy list, start afresh from next season with a fully fit team, if we can. Oh and re sign Grundy too, that's a must.

The only way to get some early draft picks is to trade with other clubs for them.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm

I've seen enough this year to indicate we can win the flag. A lot needs to go right but that is almost always the case with every team that comes out eventual Premiers.

Stick fat, cross your fingers, and see what the rest of the year brings. Rather be in our position that any side lower than us right now.

It's so obvious but sometimes it gets clouded amongst all the negative. September is a new season, we're good enough if we bring our best.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:00 pm

There are significant in house moments that defy logic but turn a club around
and it may be that the agile small forward line that racked up the bulk of goals last year took something away from Sunday knowing now they are it with no Cox have the ability
Against better sides will be a challenge so I’m interested to see three next H & A games

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:40 pm
Post subject: Re: IS our sesaon done nonw ??Reply with quote

K wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
... I reckon we may as well bow out, early, get some early draft picks, delist unfit players, retire some, recruit hard and re load next seaon with a full, and healthy list, start afresh from next season with a fully fit team, if we can. Oh and re sign Grundy too, that's a must.

The only way to get some early draft picks is to trade with other clubs for them.

Exactamuno. We traded away our high picks this year for Beams. Now that went well didn't it with Beams ruled out for the year.

BTW it is unlikely we'd have Moore back before the finals and even then he's doubtful.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:28 am

Don't be so gloomy pnc.

I'm sure there were many Eagles supporters who gave up on their team last year when they lost a host of top players, including Nic Nat and Gaff.

I'm in agreeance with Warburton Lad, that we can still win the damn thing, though it would be an incredible achievement if we did. I differ slightly with our possible best side, so fwiw, here's my possible 2019 Premiership team.

B: Maynard Roughead Greenwood

HB: Howe Moore Crisp

C: Phillips Pendles Sidey

HF: WHE Mihocek Varcoe

F: Elliott JDG Stephenson

Foll: Grundy, Wills, Treloar

IC: Adams, Mayne, Brown, Sier
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:26 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Don't be so gloomy pnc.

I'm sure there were many Eagles supporters who gave up on their team last year when they lost a host of top players, including Nic Nat and Gaff.

I'm in agreeance with Warburton Lad, that we can still win the damn thing, though it would be an incredible achievement if we did. I differ slightly with our possible best side, so fwiw, here's my possible 2019 Premiership team.

B: Maynard Roughead Greenwood

HB: Howe Moore Crisp

C: Phillips Pendles Sidey

HF: WHE Mihocek Varcoe

F: Elliott JDG Stephenson

Foll: Grundy, Wills, Treloar

IC: Adams, Mayne, Brown, Sier

I hope u r right mate, I really do, that is a damn good team, I just wish Langdon was there, by golly, we have missed him real bad. But hope springs eternal, but of course, this side has to remain uninjured, has to, we really cannot hack anymore injuries, cant the God of Injury go and pick on someone else, like the cats, for once ??

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:28 pm

It's a depressing situation when you think about it. So many players lost to injury or poor form. I think we'll make the finals but I find it hard to see us threatening in September. Now is when you should have your best team available and playing your best football. We're still caught between a rock and a hard place; making changes to personnel and structure nearly every week. Our best players on the sidelines. I wonder if our run to the GF last year is still taking its toll on a few players. I'd love for us to make it and win but we'll need a miracle for it to happen.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:38 pm

I’m not prepared to concede and sure we are running on six of our eight cylinders

There’s some teams on all their cylinders and are clicking but this season anyone can win on any day—-don’t scratch us yet

Form and momentum that leaves can come back —-at least the 2014 -2017 no appearance period replaced with finals continuity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: