Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies lose to Dogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:

Also, without wanting to make light of a miserable afternoon, I don't think that anything much that happens at Docklands translates into real-football experience on a proper ground. I didn't like to see Collingwood lose today but expected they would - and I am equally confident that they would beat the Welfare comfortably at the MCG, where the absence of proper KPPs actually matters.

Well, we are going to be playing 3 to 4 games there per season, so we had better start learning how to win there, or we'll never make top 4.

Good sides win anywhere.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:19 pm

Round 3 2010, anyone?
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:19 pm

Flashman wrote:
I haven't seen Taylor Adams not make the distance from 35 metres two weeks running like Ben Ken has, and unlike Kennedy Adams actually can find the ball.

Bingo!!

Kennedy is the reason we are going so hard at Treloar, and why we must get him.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:20 pm

5 straight losses, and you'd think it was the first game we dropped in a month; did Tony Shaw do any worse????

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:21 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
How the hell we lose that with dominant ruck, dominant mids and the most dominant forward?

Grundy was great but gee Witts was beaten for key tap outs by their 4th ranked Ruckman. Yes 4th ranked Ruckman:

1. Minson
2,. Cordy
3. Roughead

7ft of blancmange is old Jarrod.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Round 3 2010, anyone?

Jolly, Ball, Johnston, Didak, Thomas etc all in there prime anyone?

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:23 pm

35forever wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Bingo.

Agree totally. Our biggest issue last two weeks has been the massive loss of Taylor Adams to our midfield. Greenwood has not yet had time to develop his engine and knowledge of our team. I am sure that the Pies next week will be much more powerful with his return next week.
With Moore likewise a new factor in the equation, it is true that anything is possible even now.

No, anything is NOT possible. After the Port loss it became NOT possible to make the four.

Winning a flag from outside the four under the current system is NOT possible.

2016 is over, the higher we finish, the worse it is for the club as a whole. If we finish 5th, 6th, even 7th or 8th Buckley retains his job, and no success is in our future. he is worse on game day - and match committee - than James Hird!

He is a very good development coach, I would LOVE to have him as head dev coach, and ANYONE else as Senior Coach.

Anyone! Bert Newton! Elle McPherson! Simon Cowell! George W f*cking Bush!
ANYONE!!!!

Were you speaking like this about our coach when we were winning earlier in the year??
I am just as disappointed as you that we lost today. But losing all semblance of rationality serves no purpose.
No rational supporter believed that we genuinely could win a flag this year. The purpose of making finals this year is not to go for the Premiership, but to give our young players this experience. I disagree totally with your view that this season is finished. Today we had a massive list of key absences: Cloke, Elliott and Adams. (Whoever belittles the significance of Adams because of his sometimes poor disposal has no clue. We have desperately missed his courage and grit to go and get contested ball in our midfield. ) I am not using this list as an excuse for today's result. I am just pointing out that the experience for our young guys of playing in a final, with our key players in, would be awesome and we should keep aiming for that.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
35forever wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Bingo.

Agree totally. Our biggest issue last two weeks has been the massive loss of Taylor Adams to our midfield. Greenwood has not yet had time to develop his engine and knowledge of our team. I am sure that the Pies next week will be much more powerful with his return next week.
With Moore likewise a new factor in the equation, it is true that anything is possible even now.

No, anything is NOT possible. After the Port loss it became NOT possible to make the four.

Winning a flag from outside the four under the current system is NOT possible.

2016 is over, the higher we finish, the worse it is for the club as a whole. If we finish 5th, 6th, even 7th or 8th Buckley retains his job, and no success is in our future. he is worse on game day - and match committee - than James Hird!

He is a very good development coach, I would LOVE to have him as head dev coach, and ANYONE else as Senior Coach.

Anyone! Bert Newton! Elle McPherson! Simon Cowell! George W f*cking Bush!
ANYONE!!!!

Were you speaking like this about our coach when we were winning earlier in the year??
I am just as disappointed as you that we lost today. But losing all semblance of rationality serves no purpose.
No rational supporter believed that we genuinely could win a flag this year. The purpose of making finals this year is not to go for the Premiership, but to give our young players this experience. I disagree totally with your view that this season is finished. Today we had a massive list of key absences: Cloke, Elliott and Adams. (Whoever belittles the significance of Adams because of his sometimes poor disposal has no clue. We have desperately missed his courage and grit to go and get contested ball in our midfield. ) I am not using this list as an excuse for today's result. I am just pointing out that the experience for our young guys of playing in a final, with our key players in, would be awesome and we should keep aiming for that.

You weren't replying to a rational supporter!!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:25 pm

Flashman wrote:
We flattered to deceive in the first half year against assorted garbage and the flotsam and jetsam of the AFL.

When the whips have really started cracking against decent opposition we've shown ourselves to be pretenders and nothing else.

How many excuses are we expected to swallow "Oh we don't play Ethihad well" "Cloke and Elliott were injured" "We tried hard" "The umps were against us" blah blah blah...

The facts are for the second consecutive year we've gone from certain finalists and potential top 4 to a bag of shit in a matter of weeks.

Supposedly the trevails of last year were supposed to hold us in stead this year instead we're delivering largely the same crap (woeful skills by foot, lax defensive midfield and a non functioning forward line). We've learnt nothing but the gullible back slapper are appeased that the blowouts from last year have turned into honourable losses. As far as I'm concerned they are the same bag of crap and a loss is a loss.

There was a very promising, exciting and well drilled and coached side out there today and they weren't called Collingwood.

So, five goals kicked by Moore on an old bastard like boyd does not rate with you, or the fact that was dogs best team, yes, and put elliott in and cloke, drop jesse, and wed have won. AND close losses to the piss and poop, and dockers also dont rate with you, bloody hell, the dawks are smashing everyone around, but us, compared to last years thrasings by dockers and dawks, we are miles ahead of where we were. Catch the news, we are a young and developing team, we arent up there with the big boys yet, yes its disappointing too lose, but to say we havent advancde from last season is utter tripe, a bit of luck and we could have won three out of the last five. Unreal, you "perceptive fellow" just love a loss dont you, you simply cannot see its a long term thing, no doubt you will be right back on board after next week, when we should have a good win. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Museman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:26 pm

Flashman wrote:
I haven't seen Taylor Adams not make the distance from 35 metres two weeks running like Ben Ken has, and unlike Kennedy Adams actually can find the ball.

So he cant kick 35???
Genuine??
Give me a f@ken break...i know he can and you know he can...

I've seen adams kick it worse. I believed it was a head issue with him ....i believe the same about kennedy.....

Ragging on our sub 50 gamers because our more seasoned campaigners are nowhere near up to it shows a complete and utter lack of knowledge of our game...the one thing most young footballers lack is composure .....

He gets time he'll get enough of it...lots of crow will be eaten round here.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:27 pm

Flashman wrote:
We flattered to deceive in the first half year against assorted garbage and the flotsam and jetsam of the AFL.

When the whips have really started cracking against decent opposition we've shown ourselves to be pretenders and nothing else.

How many excuses are we expected to swallow "Oh we don't play Ethihad well" "Cloke and Elliott were injured" "We tried hard" "The umps were against us" blah blah blah...

The facts are for the second consecutive year we've gone from certain finalists and potential top 4 to a bag of shit in a matter of weeks.

Supposedly the trevails of last year were supposed to hold us in stead this year instead we're delivering largely the same crap (woeful skills by foot, lax defensive midfield and a non functioning forward line). We've learnt nothing but the gullible back slapper are appeased that the blowouts from last year have turned into honourable losses. As far as I'm concerned they are the same bag of crap and a loss is a loss.

There was a very promising, exciting and well drilled and coached side out there today and they weren't called Collingwood.

Yawn. We're a young team, and we were missing our two best forwards on a ground we do not play well. So we lost, with some bloody promising signs in the emergence of Darcy Moore, and Ben Reid getting three in the reserves. Not all is perfect, but we'll be there next year and we may of course still sneak into the 8.

If supporters of the side (even when it's losing while blooding new talent) are gullible backslappers then you've got a bad line. You need to dial Carlton or Richmond.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:28 pm

Ben Ken had a stinker, all young guys have stinkers. Unfortunately he hasn’t had enough opportunity to develop confidence in the ones. No doubt the kid thinks his career is stuffed right now.

Fas had a stinker, but he's played better this year than he has in several years, he was great against Hawthorn.

Darcy and DeGoey were clearly the shining lights, and to forget Crisp and Varcoe would be criminal, two trades no one expected much from, and both have been extraordinary.

Meanwhile Reid was great in the twos today, 3 goals as the dominant forward, and Dwyer, for the third week running, was Best On. Shazza also had a dominant display down back, and we need to get him up and running so he's worth a lot if he decides to piss off back home next year. The twos are playing incredible footy, always a good sign, and the senior listed guys are leading the way (no dis to Jack Hellier & the VFL lads though!).

We are a club with talent to burn. Wait until you get a good look at Brendan Abbot who kicked 6 early this month, the next Cloke! Manteit, Goodyear, Freeman, and poor old Jono Marsh (who must have shagged the coachs wife or something to still not get a game!) are real talents who could be anything.

No point blaming this or that guy who had a bad day today! We've lost FIVE in a row! Theres something much more fundamental going wrong.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:29 pm

Greening gold wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
How the hell we lose that with dominant ruck, dominant mids and the most dominant forward?

Witts is useless around the Ground

Agree - how many marking contests did he win? None from memory. With his height he should be like Sandilands but he is not exploiiting his main strength.

if he had the endeavour and heart of James Manson he would win 2 brownlows. Outside that let's preserve our first rd draft pick (Weideman we hope) and be bold and offer GWS"

Out: Witts, Toovey (GWS took Patfull for pick 21) and Seedsman plus 3rd rd
IN: Treloar and Hapmpton

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

Doc63 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Round 3 2010, anyone?

Jolly, Ball, Johnston, Didak, Thomas etc all in there prime anyone?

That was actually my point. Even on the cusp of the premiership, our team that day still only managed to kick 4 goals in a game at Etihad.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

DP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12   

Jump to: