Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Greyhound Racing

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
Huge drop in bets on the dogs.....

Prior to live bait scandal.
CRANBOURNE (MD) on Wednesday 04/02/2015

Over $314k was placed with Supertab in the Win/place pool & around $87k wagered in the trifecta pool.

Post live bait exposure.
CRANBOURNE (MD) on Wednesday 11/03/2015

$250k was placed with Supertab in the Win/place pool & around $56k wagered in the trifecta pool.

That's approximately a 20% drop in turnover & 20% less for the government to tax.

win win, good for the dogs, good for antigambling

now we need to highlight greyhound rescue, and also other animal rescue sites that help those poor pets/wildlife used in baiting, be it for racing or dog fights.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:08 pm

David wrote:
^ I just don't see how arguing that they were bred for that purpose justifies anything. If one were to think killing animals is wrong, it wouldn't matter why they exist; it would still be wrong.

you have a valid point. I read on facebook a post about this. that elephant killed by the dickwad cricketer, had a much better life than any pig in a stall, being bred to die to give us bacon. or any chook in a cage, producing egg after egg, in a cage so small all its feathers are dragged out, never once putting foot on soil, never once breathing in air fresh from the sky, before being killed when "production" slows down. and that dog stolen and then used as bait, at least had a chance at life, being loved, and adored, unlike the caged mother who never feels love, sees sunlight, trapped in a puppy farm so evil man can make a living of her overies. the monkey in the too small cage, making a living for the dirt poor farmer in some Asian country, better off than the monkey used for trying out the latest vaccine, or that bunny, that gets mascara and various creams poured in its eyes, because loreal are complete fucktards and insist on still testing on animals. and now I find out about potty calves. I had no idea. who would?

all this makes me so sad, so angry, feeling so helpless.....

so what can I do? what can any of us do?

w can say no. we can do our bit. piss off our friends on facebook with endless pics and stories of tortured and mistreated animals, ala Oscars Law, (apols to my facebook friends) we can tell the dickwads and fucktards that pose with dead meat, no, that's no acceptable, we can pay the extra couple of dollars and buy free range: eggs, chickens, bacon, say no to halal and its cruel killing standards. swap out some of that cows milk, almond milk tastes pretty good, good fats and protein a bonus, try coconut milk with no added sugar, bloody delish! don't bet on a greyhound until the mess gets sorted, a win for your pocket too. don't pose with a doped up stupefied wild animal on that cheap holiday in Thailand. don't buy a ticket to a circus who still uses elephants, elephants who were trained using barbaric methods, broken using pure cruelty as a baby, so they never realize their power over man when they get to be 50 times his weight.

we can all try, just a little bit. if everyone on this site said no to milk in the coffee for a year, we can save one potty calf, one mum from feeling the ache of losing their new born baby, not losing it, having it ripped away from her, the day she first meets it.

man is just $Ł$%^%%$ selfish. and some are just plain evil.

even me, and my passion for bacon, but at least the pigs I eat lived their lives untethered. and my eggs came from hens free to roam and perch. its a long battle, can we all do our bit to win it?

im not losing hope, just the last week Vietnam have ceased to use animals in traditional ceremonies, no more animals tortured and killed for no good reason at all. bear bile farms are closing one by one, and becoming sanctuaries. lions and elephants are being set free from circuses. dog meat, where the dog is thrown in a vat of boiling water and skinned alive, is the big campaign now, please if you see the partition, sign it. will it hurt you?

if anyone is still reading, please hug your dog. look in his eyes, and tell me hes not worth fighting for.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:32 pm

think positive wrote:

if anyone is still reading, please hug your dog. look in his eyes, and tell me hes not worth fighting for.

I'd die for old Daics TP Cool, he's rite at my feet, my shadow for my weeks R & R.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:52 pm

Skids wrote:
think positive wrote:

I'd die for old Daics TP Cool, he's rite at my feet, my shadow for my weeks R & R.

Cheers mate, and thanks, Molly and Max say hi xxx

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:26 pm

I know you must be alright TP. My wife lets me have a 66 convertible in the shed too Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:35 pm

Skids wrote:
I know you must be alright TP. My wife lets me have a 66 convertible in the shed too Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:37 pm

think positive wrote:
David wrote:
^ I just don't see how arguing that they were bred for that purpose justifies anything. If one were to think killing animals is wrong, it wouldn't matter why they exist; it would still be wrong.

you have a valid point. I read on facebook a post about this. that elephant killed by the dickwad cricketer, had a much better life than any pig in a stall, being bred to die to give us bacon. or any chook in a cage, producing egg after egg, in a cage so small all its feathers are dragged out, never once putting foot on soil, never once breathing in air fresh from the sky, before being killed when "production" slows down. and that dog stolen and then used as bait, at least had a chance at life, being loved, and adored, unlike the caged mother who never feels love, sees sunlight, trapped in a puppy farm so evil man can make a living of her overies. the monkey in the too small cage, making a living for the dirt poor farmer in some Asian country, better off than the monkey used for trying out the latest vaccine, or that bunny, that gets mascara and various creams poured in its eyes, because loreal are complete fucktards and insist on still testing on animals. and now I find out about potty calves. I had no idea. who would?

w can say no. we can do our bit. piss off our friends on facebook with endless pics and stories of tortured and mistreated animals, ala Oscars Law, (apols to my facebook friends) we can tell the dickwads and fucktards that pose with dead meat, no, that's no acceptable, we can pay the extra couple of dollars and buy free range: eggs, chickens, bacon, say no to halal and its cruel killing standards. swap out some of that cows milk, almond milk tastes pretty good, good fats and protein a bonus, try coconut milk with no added sugar, bloody delish! don't bet on a greyhound until the mess gets sorted, a win for your pocket too. don't pose with a doped up stupefied wild animal on that cheap holiday in Thailand. don't buy a ticket to a circus who still uses elephants, elephants who were trained using barbaric methods, broken using pure cruelty as a baby, so they never realize their power over man when they get to be 50 times his weight.

we can all try, just a little bit.

Agree. You can't take on the burden of the rest of humanity; it's their job, too, even if they're not doing it. But as I've said to David before, keeping things simple for people helps a lot. E.g., I have reduced red meat to situations where I have no choice, and always eat salmon over tuna for environmental reasons (e.g., see: http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2011/08/a-tale-of-two-cans-why-canned-salmon-is-better-than-tuna/243516/ ). You don't even have to do something religiously or perfectly for it to be statistically effective—a 50% or a 75% reduction is a hell of a lot better than a 0% reduction. You can even get things wrong and still contribute.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:39 pm

Culprit wrote:
The entire board of Greyhound racing Victoria has stood down. Rumour has it they were asked to jump before being pushed.

Off the Westgate hopefully .......... Exclamation

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:39 pm

pietillidie wrote:
think positive wrote:
David wrote:

we can all try, just a little bit.

Agree. You can't take on the burden of the rest of humanity; it's their job, too, even if they're not doing it. But as I've said to David before, keeping things simple for people helps a lot. E.g., I have reduced red meat to situations where I have no choice, and always eat salmon over tuna for environmental reasons (e.g., see: http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2011/08/a-tale-of-two-cans-why-canned-salmon-is-better-than-tuna/243516/ ). You don't even have to do something religiously or perfectly for it to be statistically effective—a 50% or a 75% reduction is a hell of a lot better than a 0% reduction. You can even get things wrong and still contribute.

wholey shit, we agree on something Shocked Cool Wink

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:44 pm

^Amazing! Mark that down for the annals!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:47 pm

pietillidie wrote:
^Amazing! Mark that down for the annals!

Shocked Shocked

oh I read that last word wrong, sorry Embarassed Embarassed

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:01 am

^Whoops, Freudian slip! Embarassed Razz Smile
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:04 am

Oh. Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:27 pm

55 greyhounds found dead in Queensland.

**** people shit me.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:06 pm

think positive wrote:
55 greyhounds found dead in Queensland.

**** people shit me.

The whole industry should be closed down.

The story says it looks like they were there before the 4 Corners story came out, and that there has always been a lot of "wastage" in the industry, dogs that didn't have the speed.

The owners should be shot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: