Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

George Pell shows why he wont make Pope

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

magpie greg wrote:
[quote="aceofstace"][quote="magpie greg"][quote="aceofstace"]I feel very sorry for people like you Greg, you dont realise the true affects of your behaviour or the consequences. Yes thats right, consequences! did you think there were none? that you just got off scott free? thats naive. Upon death there is a life review (running backwards) where you experience every emotion (good and bad) that you have caused others in your life. For most it is a humiliating experience that strips them bare, for people like yourself however it is so excruciatingly painful it has been misinterpreted as Hell.[/quote]

Really? Where did you read that? If true, I'll remember that when you are being humiliated! Laughing Laughing Laughing

BTW, when you post under aceofstace at least leave 10 minutes b/w that post and your magpie24 post otherwise it is a bit obvious posting within 1 minute of each other.[/quote]
Once again you are not making much sense and the only humiliation I see is your own[/quote]

No worries Lama.

I wish you love and kisses.
Yes. I am a thinking machine. Ill tell you when that happens. I wish I could do love and kisses for you.
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:43 pm

pica wrote:

BTW, when you post under "magpie greg" at least leave 10 years between posts otherwise we'll continue to deride you.

Smile

Last edited by wasteofspace on Sat May 13, 2006 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:45 pm

Gold Pica! Smile
Magpie 24 Libra

AT least I have more than one jacket

Location: YIHAA! Welcome to redneck land. All typing furiously!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:39 pm

magpie greg wrote:
No worries Lama.

I wish you love and kisses.

Bestiality now? Shocked

Psst.... it's spelt LLAMA
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:13 pm

He's referring to a post known as "Dalai Lama" who trolled a bit around here for a few days before getting booted, and apparently is a regular at another collingwood page.
Police are looking into enquiries that Mr. that pathetic low-life wanker and Mr. Dalai Lama may in fact be the same person, although their relation to the criminal mastermind known simply as "MMF" is unknown at this stage. Anybody with any information on the whereabouts of these posters please call crimestoppers. Police have warned communities that they should be wary of any new poster, and that suspicious characters should be reported. He is not to be approached as he is armed with several weapons, including a calvin klein picture and a capacity to flood topics with his posts.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:28 pm

David from Canberra wrote:
[No, I believe criminals should be punished, if nothing more than to protect the rest of society.

Who decides what constitutes a criminal and what is their decision based on?

I totally agree there is a moral code, and it must be followed

Where does this moral code come from and why must it be followed?

all I'm saying is how can different people be judged as good or bad? For example, consider a psycopathic serial killer. Whatever mental illness he suffers from, means he needs to be locked up for the rest of his life, as when he is released he will be a threat to other people. But how could God then judge him in the afterlife and say, well tough luck dude, you were born with a mental illness that made you want to kill people, so off to hell you go. You see this has nothing to do with the law or anything, I fully believe that if people break it, then they should pay the penalty. I'm thinking in a more theological sense really.

This is an interesting passage as you say you are thinking theologicaly. Theologicaly speaking the penalty for the type of life you have described is an eternity in hell. Theologicaly speaking who are you or I to judge why God does whatever he does.

David Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:20 am

A criminal is someone who breaks the law. The law exists firstly to protect society, and also to punish criminals, to deter others, and also to hopefully rehabilitate some. The law should be based on simple ideas. Do you want someone to be able to steal your stuff? No, so stop people from doing so. Do you want to be killed? No, so make a law that stops people from doing so. Your question about where this moral code, or consience, comes from, is a good one. Is it proof that God exists? I don't know. I haven't studied psychology but they probably cover that at some point. But you miss my point in the last bit. My whole point was, how can people be condemned to heaven or hell when we have little control over what our personalities are? Heaven and Hell is simply someone saying, you're a good person, and you're a bad person. Isn't there some grey area, or is it just GOOD people and BAD people? Surely God must have some tough decisions in there. Even though it obviously has no Biblical basis, I sort of understand now why the Catholics invented the concept of purgatory.
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:16 pm

The wiccans (witches) have a great law

"An it harm none, do what thou will"

so as long as it doesn't cause harm, anything goes, harder than you would think to stick to though

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:25 pm

aceofstace wrote:

so as long as it doesn't cause harm, anything goes, harder than you would think to stick to though

Sounds remarkably similar to Anton Szander LaVey`s satanic bible
"do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:22 am

A criminal is someone who breaks the law.

Where did the law come from.

But you miss my point in the last bit. My whole point was, how can people be condemned to heaven or hell when we have little control over what our personalities are? Heaven and Hell is simply someone saying, you're a good person, and you're a bad person. Isn't there some grey area, or is it just GOOD people and BAD people? Surely God must have some tough decisions in there.

The Bible never mentions being good or being bad, what it does say is to trust in Christ. There is no weighing of the deeds.

Even though it obviously has no Biblical basis, I sort of understand now why the Catholics invented the concept of purgatory.

Purgatory was invented as a fund raiser not as an attempt to comfort believers.

wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:30 am

nuxta wrote:
aceofstace wrote:

Sounds remarkably similar to Anton Szander LaVey`s satanic bible
"do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"

It is older than both of those, it is a basic tenant of the mystery school tradition which is thousands of years old, the key word is "wilt/will" which should be interpretted as the true/higher selfs will, which is in no way different to the will of the universal mind.

But the law above all laws was emblazoned above the entrance to the oracle of Delphi

Know thy self

David Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:59 pm

nuxta wrote:
A criminal is someone who breaks the law.

Where did the law come from.

Nuxta I have a feeling I'm talking to myself... where did the law come from? Humans, as a necessity to protect themselves and their property. Yes, you may say the law came from God, as the Bible states, but are you seriously suggesting that without God we would have never come up with any laws?

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:04 pm

Im sorry David, Im not trying to frustrate you. I am just trying to show that if there is no God why even have law, why even have a moral code. If we are all just evolved from animals why cant we just continue to behave like animals with out worying about the consequences. The moral code must of come from somewhere. We know laws come from man but the moral code must have had a genesis.
David Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:17 pm

That's alright...
I guess it's questions like this that one could spend a lifetime thinking about. To be honest I find it hard to believe in evolution, it seems like a very good theory, it just doesn't completely make sense, there's something missing. Maybe we never will know where we came from, after all it took them until the 1850s to think of evolution, maybe they'll think up a better theory in a few hundred years. Indeed, quite likely you could be right Nuxta, I admit that I have no idea.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:48 pm

Hey David let me just say its been great to discuss this sort of stuff without the usual VPT punch on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: