Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 571, 572, 573 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

5150 wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
^Sadly, I was rejected by the Wiggles for being, quote, "a bit uncool and lacking in street cred for our image" Crying or Very sad

I got knocked back as well (not just by the yellow wiggle either) but there was no room for a Beige Wiggle...

Personally, I thought you were on a winner with a beige cable-knit cardigan made by your mum! No taste, the Wiggles.

(She didn't happen to knit two by any chance? Don't let Tannin and Stui know I've asked—they get a bit precious about these things.)

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:08 am

watt price tully wrote:
...two very large skips...

Hmm, not Barry and Trev from Oakleigh Tech by any chance?

How did Tassie go?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:38 am

Woke up this morning and all the body bits still work.

I spent an hour yesterday moving rocks. Neighbor had a whole lot in his front yard but had decided he wasn't going to use them, so I could take what I wanted. Only problem was getting them.

So the ones I could lift over my head, i did, and dropped over the fence into my yard, then moved them with the wheelbarrow. Lot of bending and lifting, nothing broken or seized up.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:26 am

pietillidie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

How did Tassie go?

I hear the holiday was great but his anus is a mess.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:20 pm

I went on Friday night to watch an Outback Championship Wrestling event in Burwood East.

I hate to admit it, but it was very good. I believe it's going to be on Ch31 this week.

There were quite a few ex WWF/WWE superstars at the event which made it exciting.

For $35, the almost 4hrs of entertainment was brilliant. As was the crowd.

Also what else is making me happy...

Oh, I went and bought a Rega preamp for my vinyl player. Buying all the remastered Led Zeppelin on vinyl. They sound fantastic - much better than CD. Now just need to get me Dream Theater.

No regerts (refer img 1).

img 1:
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:24 pm

When did you go on Friday night to watch an Outback Championship Wrestling in Burwood?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:26 pm

Brenny wrote:
I went on Friday night to watch an Outback Championship Wrestling event in Burwood East.

I hate to admit it, but it was very good. I believe it's going to be on Ch31 this week.

There were quite a few ex WWF/WWE superstars at the event which made it exciting.

Oh, I went and bought a Rega preamp for my vinyl player. Buying all the remastered Led Zeppelin on vinyl. They sound fantastic - much better than CD. Now just need to get me Dream Theater.

img 1:

I don't want to rain on that parade but, before you go and fork out a fortune for Dream Theater's back catalogue on vinyl, give the Zep a few spins and try a compare after a few plays. One of the reasons we all rushed to get CDs back in the day was that, irrespective of how much we spent on our hi-fi set-ups, our styluses wore out our records very quickly and we couldn't stand the "worn" sound. That part of the old technology hasn't changed in any fundamental way, although the heavier records may wear better than the light 1970s and 1980s counterparts.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:59 pm

swoop42 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
^Sadly, I was rejected by the Wiggles for being, quote, "a bit uncool and lacking in street cred for our image" Crying or Very sad

Laughing Laughing

I started 2 weeks holidays. Yippee. Except had to assist my wife in a huge job in her hoarding business. Filled two very large skips, 5 people working like buggery. I have no idea what buggery is like but we worked it.

Now off to Tassie
for 5 days, our 4th time in 4 years. This time will see the area near Port Arthur which I've missed. Mona gallery in Hobart, possible the Huon or Bruni island & some serious relaxing to do.

I'm sure you're a quick study.

Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:12 pm
Post subject: Flew to launceston,Reply with quote

pietillidie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

How did Tassie go?

Laughing Wink

Still in Tassie. Just starting to relax on day 5!!

Flew to Launceston, drove to the coast: 1 night in Bicheno, drove to White Beach on the Tasman Peninsula - stunning. Took a dip: spanner water+++(tightens the nuts)

Stayed 2 nights, took one of the eco tour boat trips (a 3 hour tour) still waters, greats stuff. This mob also do the Bruni island tours that we went on 4 years ago - fantastic. Seabird life+++, seals, rock formations....Then went to Port Arthur. Good to see. Drove to Hobart yesterday, staying 2 nights. Today went to the Botanical gardens. Long day, lots of walks. Tomorrow see the gallery (again) & we depart at night. Have pressies to buy as we missed Mrs WPT"s nieces 21st last night.

I'll have one more week of annual leave when we get back - I really needed it - Need to take these breaks a bit more regularly. The Botanical gardens had some great ideas for our vege patch. Gunna plant potatoes, asian greens, broccoli, & we lost a beaut rhubarb 2 years ago & need to re-establish this.

Love holidays.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:15 pm

mandy wrote:
Started a new job today and I have my own office! I've never had my own office before.

Congrats Mandy. What are you doing?

Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:31 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Brenny wrote:

img 1:

I don't want to rain on that parade but, before you go and fork out a fortune for Dream Theater's back catalogue on vinyl, give the Zep a few spins and try a compare after a few plays. One of the reasons we all rushed to get CDs back in the day was that, irrespective of how much we spent on our hi-fi set-ups, our styluses wore out our records very quickly and we couldn't stand the "worn" sound. That part of the old technology hasn't changed in any fundamental way, although the heavier records may wear better than the light 1970s and 1980s counterparts.

That's fair!

I'll take all that on board.

The new ones are all 180mg weight. I've got both the original Led Zep releases and the new ones. They sound brilliant and the good thing is they don't feel like they are going to snap in half like the original releases.

I never really considered your points before I bought them, so I'll do some reading and see what people say.

Thanks for the heads up!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:32 pm

Do you think about these things?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:33 pm

Laying in Bed this Morning, Listening to the Rain on the Roof. Very Relaxing
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:46 pm

pietillidie wrote:
5150 wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

I got knocked back as well (not just by the yellow wiggle either) but there was no room for a Beige Wiggle...

Personally, I thought you were on a winner with a beige cable-knit cardigan made by your mum! No taste, the Wiggles.

(She didn't happen to knit two by any chance? Don't let Tannin and Stui know I've asked—they get a bit precious about these things.)

I've got an off white cable knit vest - button up front with "duffle coat" toggles.

Tannin has put in an order for a black and white tea cosy and matching fingerless gloves.
Stui must have watch Flash Dance recently or started hanging out with LaFumbla- a pair of leg warmers in Rastafarian colours is on his way.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:28 pm

5150s back!

happy to have someone else with a sense of humour here!! all this political talk is very boring!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 571, 572, 573 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 572 of 866   

Jump to: