Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 564, 565, 566 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

3.14159 wrote:
think positive wrote:

Hahahahaahahaha ah yes the pool room, was quite a pool, did it every get sealed?

If your talking about my mates pool (it's actually a fish-farm Wink) then yes we sealed and landscaped it.
I sold him a pump and a filter last week and the water is clearing up nicely.
I was over there an hour ago and the water didn't look too green so I had dip with Dog.
We watched a wedgie circled high over'head with Mt Beckworth in the distance.
In the smaller pool we've planted reeds and it is full of huge taddies, frogs and a couple of small blackfish I donated to the cause.

It's starting to look not 1/2 bad, I'll post a pic in a day or 2.

Xx.

Man that's some wedgie, needs bigger bathers Shocked Wink

Good stuff mate, love to see the pics (sans wedgie!)

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:56 pm

3.14159 wrote:
think positive wrote:

Hahahahaahahaha ah yes the pool room, was quite a pool, did it every get sealed?

If your talking about my mates pool (it's actually a fish-farm Wink) then yes we sealed and landscaped it.
I was over there an hour ago and the water didn't look too green so I had dip with Dog.
In the smaller pool we've planted reeds and it is full of huge taddies, frogs and a couple of small blackfish I donated to the cause.

Xx.

Good stuff again, make sure you chuck some chlorine in the swimming part to keep it from going off. I had the cover on mine for a couple of weeks and hadn't topped the chlorine up, when I took it off last weekend there was all these little wiggly things in the water.

double dose of chlorine and run the filter for 10 hours, water all good again. Cool

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:16 pm

My clock radio that I bought last millenium for about $10 has croaked so I bought a new one tonight.

Cost a tad more but it has a digital radio in it and slightly more smarts than the old one.

Plugged it in, time started flashing, went out to grab the instructions, came back and it had set the time and date by itself. Shocked

Setting the alarm, I set it for Monday to Friday, not to go off on the weekend.

Reception and sound quality is something special, like going from a 14 inch CRT with rabbit ears antenna to a 60 inch LED with a real digital aerial.

Noice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:29 pm

Speaking of digital clocks, I have a Kmart digital clock in the loungeroom that runs fast. It gains 1 minute a week LMAO.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:
3.14159 wrote:
think positive wrote:

Xx.

Good stuff again, make sure you chuck some chlorine in the swimming part to keep it from going off. I had the cover on mine for a couple of weeks and hadn't topped the chlorine up, when I took it off last weekend there was all these little wiggly things in the water.

double dose of chlorine and run the filter for 10 hours, water all good again. Cool

might I suggest a weekly dose of shock? basically high strength chlorine. get the one with stabilizer. to keep the wiggly things and the green out, buy some algaecide, bunnings or big w have it pretty cheap, under $20 a litre, buy the 3 or 6 monthly dose. a $20 bottle in a pool your size will do three or 4 doses.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:15 pm

Thank you my dear, you certainly may.

However, this particular pool will get pulled down and stowed in the shed for winter. The purpose was to get a cheap one and see if I'd get enough use to justify the expense of something better.

I've been in it 3 times since I set it up in November. I've spent more time cleaning the fkn thing than I have in it.

If we don't get a heat wave sometime soon, the lawn gets a reprieve.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:49 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Thank you my dear, you certainly may.

However, this particular pool will get pulled down and stowed in the shed for winter. The purpose was to get a cheap one and see if I'd get enough use to justify the expense of something better.

I've been in it 3 times since I set it up in November. I've spent more time cleaning the fkn thing than I have in it.

If we don't get a heat wave sometime soon, the lawn gets a reprieve.

hahahaha I know what you mean!! luckily I enjoy cleaning mine, and the solar really helps!! its even warm enough for me!! (yes at least 28 - 30 degrees!!) junior has a new gang of friends, and they are spending heaps of time in it, so im wrapped its getting use! they are really good kids.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:58 pm

Great day at North Hobart Oval, enjoyed it and got to talk to Brad Scott, and also Gavin Brown. I also got pictures with all the senior players that were down here for the event. I learned a lot as well, it was a great day to just watch how all the coaches do their roles and the drills they do. There was a Q&A after the event as well, and Gavin Brown told a few stories of his time as a player compared to now.

Good day. Also it's now just a week until I am in Melbourne with my girlfriend, so it's another reason to be happy.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:15 am

Great stuff proto xxx
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:03 pm

think positive wrote:
Great stuff proto xxx

Thanks. Smile It's been a crap week for the most part, but there's only a few more days and I get to see Megan and not have to worry about things.

I also passed my quiz this morning so I have 10 points out of the 100 to pass my catapult course before the real stuff starts next week.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:52 pm

think positive wrote:

might I suggest a weekly dose of shock? basically high strength chlorine. get the one with stabilizer. to keep the wiggly things and the green out, buy some algaecide, bunnings or big w have it pretty cheap, under $20 a litre, buy the 3 or 6 monthly dose. a $20 bottle in a pool your size will do three or 4 doses.

Can't do any of that.
The only reason the council isn't ordering us to backfill the pool (or put a child proof fence around it) is because we got it classified as a fish farm.
We've turned the fire pump into a fountain to aerate the water and relying the the yabbies, frogs/tadpoles and black-fish to eat the alge that servives the high oxygen levels.
It's not 100% yet but you can see the bottom (2 metres down) & it's light-years better than any dam or creek or river I've ever swum in.

...and no nasty chemicals Cool
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Decided to venture down to the Preston market this morning, on a whim. Despite living not that far away for over 20 years, I've just never got around to visiting there before.

Well bugger me, this could be the start of a beautiful relationship. Very Happy

Had a good stroll around to get me bearings, It's the united nations on legs. Fresh meat and vege shops about, specialty shops with specific groceries, spices, nuts, heaps of choices for something to eat and a variety of all the usual little junk shops. Asians everywhere, some squawking in their own dialect, others speaking pure strine and every shade in between, Greeks, Indians, Maoris, eastern Europeans, bloody everything there.

Food goes from cafes to stalls, to a Taco van, a Kebab van, 2 Pizza shops, and so on. I grabbed two pieces of crispy fried chicken, a fried dim sim and a piece of pork crackle for brunch with a coke. Bloody tasty

Wandering around is very much an assault on the senses, particularly hearing and smell. Love going into the spice shops and delis and getting the different smells, the fish shops not so much.

Ran into the ever present Mr John Wren who was kicking back over a coffee and had a chat for a while.

Ended up wandering through an Asian grocery store, got a bottle of Siracha, some chilli/tamerind lollies, some curry cubes and a bottle of something that tastes like a spicy soy sauce. It was in the same area as the soy sauces and the only english writing on the bottle said "Chilli liquid seasoning" with Nuoc tuang Cay underneath that and everything else is in characters. tastes amazing.

Also scored some home blended hot curry powder from a spice shop run by an indian bloke who when I asked how hot "hot" meant, said that he finds it hot. Bewdy. Very Happy

Also grabbed 2 kg of beef spare ribs from one of the butchers.

If you're looking for something a bit different in the way of meats, I saw at different shops, Rabbit, Pigeon, Quail, Venison, Emu, Kangaroo, Goat, Wallaby and Croc.

I'll be back.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Ran into the ever present Mr John Wren who was kicking back over a coffee and had a chat for a while.

Funny you should say that, we ran into each other just a few days ago. Smile

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:26 pm

I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:40 pm

Re the what pisses me off thread, I stewed all night, sent her a message in my lunch break expressing my disappointment, and guess who's coming to the party! Don't know why I didn't stand up for myself years ago!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 564, 565, 566 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 565 of 866   

Jump to: