Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Aish/Adams/Grundy/Moore/Treloar = Future of Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Disappointing to see Witts only manage 14 kicks, 5 handballs, 6 marks, 62 hitouts and 1 goal this week in the VFL.

His fatal weaknesses are not exposed at the slower pace of the VFL. I've no doubt if the AFL was played at the pace of the VFL, Witts would be one if its best ruckman. The problem isn't even too bad when he;s in the ruck and so I would be happy for him to be our number 1 ruckman in games where Grundy is not fit or in need of a rest (although Grundy, like Jolly, doesn't need much rest by the looks of it).

Unfortunately, he cant get a game as a number 2 ruckman because goals in the AFL are generated very easily out of the opponents forward line if the opponent cannot hold the ball in, and whoever played on witts routinely cuts us up on the overlap. witts is not alone, it is the same problem when cox is out there, and increasingly, when cloke is out there.

you can typically cover one liability, but in order for Witts to be that person, he would also need to become a dominant forward (not just a serviceable one).

Very interesting point, E. The games where we have been smashed on the overlap have indeed mostly - not all, but mostly - been those where two of Cloke, Cox or Witts have played together. The worst for jow the goose goals were (from memory) Port Adelaide, Melbourne x 2, Richmond three weeks ago. Since the bye, we have gone with a more mobile forward line with greater endurance and speed and that bleeding has stopped.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:02 am

Another great showing by Crocker in the final game. Along with Smith, he's been a surprise packet in 2016.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:06 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Another great showing by Crocker in the final game. Along with Smith, he's been a surprise packet in 2016.

He was good, but i thought he should really have marked that ball in the square vs Whitecross in the last quarter. Had the sit, and just didn't have the strength or composure to close the deal. We are still paying a big price for inexperience. Still, i think he will make it, and he did many fine things yesterday. He and Fas and Elliott will be an interesting combination and hard to match up on. All good shots for goal, too.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:14 pm

John Wren wrote:
witts was our number one ruckman at the start of the year and has been hampered by injury. in the last gew weeks grundy has taken his opportunity and his game to another level. having two decent rucks available for selection is hardly going to set us back.

but IF Witts want to be the Number 1 Ruck next year. He will leave for another Club

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:32 pm

E wrote:
Please add Jordan De goey to this list. he is going to be just as special as Aish!!! It is absurd that we on this board arent excited about this kid.

I was a little concerned at his marking tonight (something i haven't noticed until tonight - not sure if its an aberration), but he has elite potential in every other phase of the game (and particularly the through ball in traffic to set a player free to create 9something we are otherwsie shit at doing).

So many of the goals we kick where we look really polished are created or assisted with a sublime touch from degoey. at least 5 times tonight this happened.

Time to add DeGoey to this list please folks!!!!! He and Moore were terrific.

Scharenberg was pretty serviceable. Played on a tall tonight. His kicking is unbelievably good.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:43 pm

^^^

Agree on Scharenberg. He was in marking contests against Kersten and Mundy and halved them both. For a young man who hasn't played much footy, he holds his ground very well in one on ones. You just want it in his hands at around half back.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:33 am

Scharenberg is a jet.
If he stays injury free, and becomes a leader of our defence with Howe and co, he'll be one of the best half backs in the league.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:37 am

I don't follow your reasoning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: