Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 486, 487, 488 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff party Pie.

I'm happy cos I bought a pebble watch yesterday arvo.

neat, comfortable, can change the watchface any time I feel bored with the old one, receive texts on it so I don't miss something because the phone is in my pocket or the other room, and ditto for calls.

Something I like about being able to answer a phone call by pushing a button on my watch and talking into it. Cool

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:11 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Good stuff party Pie.

I'm happy cos I bought a pebble watch yesterday arvo.

neat, comfortable, can change the watchface any time I feel bored with the old one, receive texts on it so I don't miss something because the phone is in my pocket or the other room, and ditto for calls.

Something I like about being able to answer a phone call by pushing a button on my watch and talking into it. Cool

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:28 pm

Had a great (if freezing cold) time this morning. Daughter & I caught the train and son-in-law raced it during the Great Puffing Billy Race. We freezed our preverbials off riding the old rattler, but the boy did good, beating the train home in the run from Belgrave to Emerald Lake. (13.2 km)
A great event with over 3000 having a crack at beating the train. I heard about 460 managed to do it.
Highly recommended, as it was a great fun event. But If catching the train, dress accordingly as bloody hell it was cold & wet!
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:01 pm

So proud of my 7 year old boy!!
Got B.o.G. this morning in his under 9's game, and to confirm it was a genuine B.o.G. it was given by a completely unbiased judge; the opposition coach! Very Happy
Beaming from ear to ear all day I've been.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:12 pm

^

Takes after his old man Razz Wink

Good stuff. Very Happy

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:50 pm

Flash Gordon.

It's a cross between Star Wars, The Wizard of OZ and LSD.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:43 pm

Even without LSD it's stihl pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km4u-8dcKJk
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:44 pm

5150 wrote:
David wrote:
Perhaps I'll be there too! Would be good to see us beat the Blues in person. Smile

David, I've got a spare ticket and seat in the Ponsford if you want to come. It's within spitting distance of John Wren and 24 steps to the Square Leg bar.

In the spirit of supporting the recently and unfairly unemployed I offer this experience for free.

Stui, Jezza, TP and John Wren have also jumped on board with the offer of a free mid strength beer in each quarter.

If any other fellow Nicksters can come forth and pony up a 4 & 20 or chips we can give David the night he deserves.

Lol. Sorry 5150, I don't know how I missed this. I was (ironically, I guess) working, but would have loved to take you up on your offer. Thanks anyway, and hope the ticket didn't go to waste!

I am keen to get to a few more games this year, so it'd be good to catch up with you and other Nicksters then. Obviously I will need to read threads more closely. Embarassed

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:56 pm

Or maybe it could be made a little easier with a catchup/meet up thread. Wink

I think the meet up with my friends has been sorted, for now. Unless they change their minds again..

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage

Last edited by The Prototype on Mon May 05, 2014 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:58 pm

It could be true.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:08 pm

Went shopping for a new TV yesterday, intending to buy a 50", hopefully around $1300-$1500 (not a crap brand). Ended up with what I think is the bargain of the century.... 60" Sony for $1700. Very Happy Very Happy Lucky for me someone cancelled their layby the day before so now it's mine. Yippee. But by god it's big!!

Last years model so I was told of all the stuff it doesn't have, trying to get me into the new model for $3800. He was so disappointed to hear that I only want a tv to watch tv and movies, ie: what a tv's for, not youtube or facebook or whatever all that other 'smart' stuff is!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:25 pm

luvdids wrote:
Went shopping for a new TV yesterday, intending to buy a 50", hopefully around $1300-$1500 (not a crap brand). Ended up with what I think is the bargain of the century.... 60" Sony for $1700. Very Happy Very Happy Lucky for me someone cancelled their layby the day before so now it's mine. Yippee. But by god it's big!!

Last years model so I was told of all the stuff it doesn't have, trying to get me into the new model for $3800. He was so disappointed to hear that I only want a tv to watch tv and movies, ie: what a tv's for, not youtube or facebook or whatever all that other 'smart' stuff is!

Sounds like a deal.

Sounds like yours is bigger than mine Wink

I've got a sony 46" top of last years range (or year before) for the spare room

& the TV love of my life: a Pioneer 50" plasma commercial panel /monitor. Still way better than most TV's these days (built in japan) except I have to pay about #250 every year or two to get the TV calibrated (to make it picture perfect).

Funny, a few years ago well more than a few years ago I thought I made a mistake when bought a 32" humungous Loewe analogue TV. Great TV but I thought it was way too big then.

When we got the 50" Plasma I thought that too was way too big - now I could easily watch a 60" TV

That said enjoy your bargain TV watching. Very Happy

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks for your support. What's your favourite show?
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:32 pm

watt price tully wrote:
luvdids wrote:

Sounds like a deal.

& the TV love of my life: a Pioneer 50" plasma commercial panel /monitor. Still way better than most TV's these days (built in japan) except I have to pay about #250 every year or two to get the TV calibrated (to make it picture perfect).

Funny, a few years ago well more than a few years ago I thought I made a mistake when bought a 32" humungous Loewe analogue TV. Great TV but I thought it was way too big then.

When we got the 50" Plasma I thought that too was way too big - now I could easily watch a 60" TV

Ha ha, yeah, I still think it's too big, but my male friend that was with me assures me it's not, and I'm being silly & wants to know when he can come and watch the footy, the races, the golf etc etc etc. I think I may have been sucked in to buying the tv he wanted. Embarassed

Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'm pretty sure I'll still be able to see it clearly from outside!!
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:42 pm

luvdids wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
luvdids wrote:

Sounds like a deal.

Ha ha, yeah, I still think it's too big, but my male friend that was with me assures me it's not, and I'm being silly & wants to know when he can come and watch the footy, the races, the golf etc etc etc. I think I may have been sucked in to buying the tv he wanted. Embarassed

Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'm pretty sure I'll still be able to see it clearly from outside!!

So will we!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 486, 487, 488 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 487 of 866   

Jump to: