Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies punish Cats. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckley didn’t sound too confident about DeGoey’s hamstring after the game,but then again he didn’t sound too confident about Moore’s hamstring two weeks ago either.Hopefully it’s just hamstring tightness for DeGoey as well.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:53 pm

bokka wrote:

I thoguht Darcy would be more likely to break down but he held up well and starred.

When he took himself off to the bench at one point (third quarter?), I thought "Here we go". I hope Bucks got on the phone and told him to get the f*** straight back out there, because he did play a fantastic last quarter.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:53 pm

Two down for a half, gutsy win
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:54 pm

Horatio Fin wrote:
My gosh, our pressure was insane. How good was Wills?

Absolutely. Wow invoking memories of Alan “Butch” Gales commentary: playing on G&D

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:54 pm

I warched that Collingwood doco the other night, and I got the impression it needs an epilogue, and finish, and that endgame, could well be a Premiership. I have a feeling, its in my bones, we can do it, make amends for last year. It was a gutsy win tonight, v the top team, doesn't matter if u win a final by sixty points or ten, or one, providing u win, and we did it. we r now one win away from the big dance. Joy to the world, im very happy. Go Magpies. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:55 pm

bokka wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:
Shara in for Greenwood..but the interesting one will be who replaces De-Goey??

Do you go Varcoe? or Crocker/Daicos?

I suspect they might go crocker if he needs to play the exact same role as tonights game as leadup half fwd flanker.....or someone who can run in the midfield like Daicos?

I say - Lions = Crocker
Dogs = Daicos

If that's all we got to replace DeGoey, may as well risk Wells and add some real class.
Managed to beat Geelong without DeG after early Q2, so wouldnt' be total disaster if Wells got reinjured.
but it says it's just "tighness" so should get up by prelim.

I thoguht Darcy would be more likely to break down but he held up well and starred.

Or REid as some suggested but Wells may be more like-for-like - or actually DeGoey is almost halfway between the 2 but a lot more physically powerful than either.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:55 pm

I’m so happy & so relieved. Go pies
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:59 pm

Donny wrote:
"gave Geelong a sniff" Snoop ??

Did you really expect the number 1 team in the comp. to lie down ?

But they were a false number 1 Donny. Their second half of the year is 6-6 and only got top place thanks to a favourable easy draw.

Don't get me wrong, everyone put their bodies on the line tonight, especially Moore when he came back on. There you go Darcy, you can do it! But let's not kid ourselves. We need to improve 100% to be any chance against the Tigers or Eagles. One goal in a half of football is surely a worry.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:00 am

Moore came of age tonight as a player you feel.

Sky is the limit if his body allows.

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:00 am

bokka wrote:
bokka wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:
Shara in for Greenwood..but the interesting one will be who replaces De-Goey??

Do you go Varcoe? or Crocker/Daicos?

I suspect they might go crocker if he needs to play the exact same role as tonights game as leadup half fwd flanker.....or someone who can run in the midfield like Daicos?

I say - Lions = Crocker
Dogs = Daicos

If that's all we got to replace DeGoey, may as well risk Wells and add some real class.
Managed to beat Geelong without DeG after early Q2, so wouldnt' be total disaster if Wells got reinjured.
but it says it's just "tighness" so should get up by prelim.

Or REid as some suggested but Wells may be more like-for-like - or actually DeGoey is almost halfway between the 2 but a lot more physically powerful than either.

I take ur Reid/Wells...and raise you a Goldsack!

Hes a good forward and puts 110% in every contest
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:01 am

doriswilgus wrote:
Buckley didn’t sound too confident about DeGoey’s hamstring after the game,but then again he didn’t sound too confident about Moore’s hamstring two weeks ago either.Hopefully it’s just hamstring tightness for DeGoey as well.

Like Darcy last week, he appeared to be in no pain when he jogged off. Let's hope it is a similar scenario

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:02 am

swoop42 wrote:
The thread wouldn't be complete without this....

https://media.giphy.com/media/V4k0Wi9KUBwzK/giphy.gif

Yep, that about sums him up. His record as a finals coach is pitiful really (apart from the GF we threw away in 2011).
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:02 am

That was a mighty effort tonight to beat the number one team in a big final playing in tough conditions and facing adversity with two players gone for the game.

I'm proud despite the slow finish. We set the game up in the first when we jumped ahead and it was inevitable that they were going to hit back like that. Anyone who thinks we should have gone on to win by 10 goals is dreaming. It was a fierce scrappy contest for 85% of the game.

To be fair Geelong's response would have broken most teams, but not us. We stood up to their pressure and applied enough of our own to counter. Sure the finishing could've been better but we good enough for long enough. The leadership and composure to slow the game down was telling because they kept attacking.

Mids were great and the defense was solid as a rock. Congrats to Moore on a fantastic return. His intercept marking was incredible. Sidebottom and Pendlebury were classy. Treloar and Adams were very good and effective with the ball. There were a few players down on form but they'll be better for the run. Shame about the injuries, in particular Greenwood's. JDG looks done for the year you'd think.

There's a lot to work on but I'm looking forward to another week off to relax and see how things unfold. Two big games tomorrow and we'll end up playing one of the four teams in the prelim. Let's hope they all destroy each other.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:04 am

If he's deemed fit then Reid is the only player we should be considering to replace de Goey IMO.

de Goey has a huge physical presence in our forward line, able to play tall and one of the best contested players in the competition.

If he isn't available then we need Reid as another marking threat and someone capable of providing a strong aerial contest to bring the ball to our ground level players. He's also the one most likely able to come in and produce 2 or 3 goals.

If de Goey joins Greenwood on the sidelines then I feel we'll have no choice but to replace some of that natural on field aggression with Varcoe.

Varcoe to replace Brown who struggled in his first final.

For Greenwood then it'll all come down to our eventual opposition I guess with Scharenberg or Aish the likely inclusions.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:06 am

Buckley and the match committee deserve a lot of credit for engineering that win. They have had the wood on us for a while and the Cats are the number one team for points against. Our team defence was near perfect all night and it’s no coincidence that Howe was close to best best on the ground when he finally got both Moore and Roughy back along side him.
Maynard is now close to the most underrated mid sized defender in the comp. Hardly ever gets beaten in the air or on the ground.

And while we’re on defenders, a special mention to John Noble. Super effort from a young bloke who is yet to even complete a pre season with the club. I was worried he would get exposed but the Kid was good in the contest and wasn’t overawed. He should be feeling pretty good about himself .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16   

Jump to: