Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why cant i get enthused for this season?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

themonk wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Unfortunately, there is no cure for Colliwobbles.

Even if we win the next 12 flags in a row, we'd still only be running at 50% since 1958.

Barracking for the Pies offers so much joy, except for the last week of the year.

It's been that was for 60 years and I see no reason why it'll change any time soon.

Win the next 12 gf's & why would you care about the last 60 years?

27 flags! thank you very much .

I still hope I'll experience a dynasty in my lifetime.

Agreed, but don't worry there's always positive people on this board! Wink

www.facebook/the hybernators
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:24 pm

think positive wrote:
Awww. You made me cry! God I hope so! And here we are, game day! Yes! Bring it!

Ps, I love an emotional man!

And I love a woman who loves an emotional man! Embarassed Cool
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:45 pm

K wrote:
Jezza wrote:
For the first time ever, I could actually understand what our older supporters endured in 1970, 1977 and 1979-1981. Experiencing a loss like we did last year is bad enough the first time round, but doing it repeatedly would take its toll on even the most passionate supporters as it did decades ago.

But you did not feel this way in 2002-3, '11. Was it just that you reached a 4 (losing) GF tipping point?

In 2002, I was proud of the playing group. Wasn't sad at all. It was the first time in my life I'd seen us play in the finals let alone in the GF so I was thrilled just see us make it deep in the finals. No one expected us to win and Brisbane were a force in those days. Being an eight year old, I probably didn't understand the significance of how close we came to winning the premiership.

2003 was painful because we were favourites heading into the match and we beat them in the Qualifying Final. However, there was no disputing that the Lions were a superior team than us on the day and deserved the win. The most disappointing aspect of the result was knowing our time at the top was probably up after two GF losses.

2011 was disappointing but I felt we were limping our way to the finish line by the end of the season. We were lucky to make the GF after struggling in the prelim against the Hawks. Geelong were the best team in September and beat us three times over the course of the year. Having won in 2010, I think the pain of losing was dulled in 2011 and I was always of the belief we'd rebound strongly in 2012.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:48 pm

Oh God, is it five o’clock somewhere??

I’m going nuts here!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:46 pm

It's 6.45 here.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:44 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
You are as staunch as they come PnC. You are of a similar vintage to me, and despite enduring the pain of all those GF losses, you, like me, have stuck fat, and never wavered in your love for the Maggies.

You have never struck me as being negative, but rather, like me too I guess, have a tendency to wear your heart on your sleeve, something I consider is an act of emotional honesty.

So don't fear, you'll be excited as hell as we have one of our best years ever in 2019 and go on to win the flag in a canter! History will look back our next 10 yrs as 'the time of Bucks', when Collingwood finally overcame its past finals misfortunes, and won several Premierships.

I bloody hope so mate, thanks rudey, u have fired me up, thanks for that, and ireally hope and pray u r right, Bring it on. Exclamation Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:28 pm

That sloppy, lazy, sluggish inept brain farted effort against the cats, with the so called best midfield in the league, that non effort show exactly why I made this post, my worst fears have come to fruition. Had we won that flag last year, I would not give a damn bout this season, but we blew it, and tonight get beaten by a very average cats mob who played little better, we had the better side, got reamed. On that piss poor effort this yrs grannie looks miles away, I hope im wrong, but by golly, that was shocking, and nothing is certain for us now. sigh.

Adz 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:35 pm

Because nothing changes. Our leadership group sucks. Adams should be captain
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:42 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
That sloppy, lazy, sluggish inept brain farted effort against the cats, with the so called best midfield in the league, that non effort show exactly why I made this post, my worst fears have come to fruition. Had we won that flag last year, I would not give a damn bout this season, but we blew it, and tonight get beaten by a very average cats mob who played little better, we had the better side, got reamed. On that piss poor effort this yrs grannie looks miles away, I hope im wrong, but by golly, that was shocking, and nothing is certain for us now. sigh.

Are you taking the piss out of yourself?

It was only 24 hours ago that you said that you were never negative or pessimistic, especially in the game day thread. If you don’t think what you just posted falls into that category then I would love to read one of your negative posts.

Anyway, I have to go and move my car under cover. Apparently the sky is falling in again and I don’t want my car to be damaged.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:51 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Are you taking the piss out of yourself?

It was only 24 hours ago that you said that you were never negative or pessimistic, especially in the game day thread. If you don’t think what you just posted falls into that category then I would love to read one of your negative posts.

Anyway, I have to go and move my car under cover. Apparently the sky is falling in again and I don’t want my car to be damaged.

mate NO Pies fan could take any thing outa that woeful performance, look had we won the flag last year I would not give a shit bout this season, like id be happy, rapt, would not care bout this yr.But hey, come on, not being negative but really, that was our worst opening rd game I have ever seen, for many, many yrs, lazy, sloppy, inept, sluggish non effort, against a very average opponent. come on it was woeful, just woeful, I thought we would win by five goals tonight, to serve up that garbage was an utter disgrace. I HOPE im wrong, but on that effort, we have a very long way to go, and next week we have the tigers so it wont get any easier.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:13 pm

After our shocking loss to the Hawks in round one last year I thought we were shite and yet we went on to make the grannie and almost win the damn thing. Let's hold off making predictions of doom and gloom for at least another 2-3 weeks shall we?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:14 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
After our shocking loss to the Hawks in round one last year I thought we were shite and yet we went on to make the grannie and almost win the damn thing. Let's hold off making predictions of doom and gloom for at least another 2-3 weeks shall we?

This

Adz 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:19 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

If we do, then what will you say?

Good teams don’t start sluggish. We didn’t in 2011.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:21 pm

After tonight I might need to be euthanised.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:47 pm

swoop42 wrote:
After tonight I might need to be euthanised.

Is that what the title was supposed to be: "Why can't I get euthanized this season"?

Last edited by K on Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: