Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Babies on Planes

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
The best answer is to administer a couple of stiff brandies. No need for precision, the brandy cure works equally well whether you apply it to yourself or the baby.

Is that before or after the baby is placed in the overhead locker?

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:42 am

Um ... Are overhead lockers waterproof?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:49 am

Just double pad them.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:08 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Only those who've never been a baby who of complain

Que?

Can can complain bloody iPhone

partypie 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:30 pm

I have been really lucky in not being bothered by babies when flying, including mine. I would give a small dose of Panadol prior in case the ears got sore. I would not travel with a sick baby and I suspect that is why some cry a lot when flying. perhaps airlines could help by making it easier to change flights if a child is sick. Getting angry at the parents only makes them more stressed and less able to soothe the baby.
partypie 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:36 pm

Personally I find adults who kick the seat constantly or put their seats back too far far more annoying.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:34 pm

partypie wrote:
Personally I find adults who kick the seat constantly or put their seats back too far far more annoying.

You have my sympathy! Totally agree Smile

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:49 pm

Modern day Parenting has turned parents into arseholes and their children into spoilt little brats. I get the parents at football, helicopter parents hovering over their children like he is the next Nathan Buckley, he isn't but let's get him to play and enjoy his footy in a team. Then you get the parents who take their kids out to a nice restaurant and whilst they enjoy their wine their little yard apes are running around and the parents are oblivious just like the are when the child is home with them. Those same parents that your on a flight with. The kids kicking the back of your seat and you ask nicely a few times for them to control their child and then you have had enough and tell them if their child kicks you chair your going to punch them, not the child but the parent. The first person that usually says no to the child is a police officer. And then we have all hell break out and the parents yell victimisation. Now we have more women 40 and above having children and I know plenty of them and good luck to them but the ones I know are Rich Middle Class and barely spend time with them and then we have the child in day care, baby sitters regularly as Mum and Dad still want their social life of course. Times have well and truly changed. If I took my kids out for dinner and they were noisy, bang we had stuff put in containers and we were out of their as I was concerned about other patrons. What we have now are selfish parents breeding selfish children where it's all about them and what the child wants the child gets. Heaven forbid to actually say NO.

See what happens when you get old? You lose tolerance over petty things.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:51 pm

I see. When I get older I might like to go into law or politics.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:03 pm

Culprit wrote:
Modern day Parenting has turned parents into arseholes and their children into spoilt little brats. I get the parents at football, helicopter parents hovering over their children like he is the next Nathan Buckley, he isn't but let's get him to play and enjoy his footy in a team. Then you get the parents who take their kids out to a nice restaurant and whilst they enjoy their wine their little yard apes are running around and the parents are oblivious just like the are when the child is home with them. Those same parents that your on a flight with. The kids kicking the back of your seat and you ask nicely a few times for them to control their child and then you have had enough and tell them if their child kicks you chair your going to punch them, not the child but the parent. The first person that usually says no to the child is a police officer. And then we have all hell break out and the parents yell victimisation. Now we have more women 40 and above having children and I know plenty of them and good luck to them but the ones I know are Rich Middle Class and barely spend time with them and then we have the child in day care, baby sitters regularly as Mum and Dad still want their social life of course. Times have well and truly changed. If I took my kids out for dinner and they were noisy, bang we had stuff put in containers and we were out of their as I was concerned about other patrons. What we have now are selfish parents breeding selfish children where it's all about them and what the child wants the child gets. Heaven forbid to actually say NO.

See what happens when you get old? You lose tolerance over petty things.

I totally agree

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:04 pm

partypie wrote:

I put my seat alllll the way back!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:20 pm

think positive wrote:
partypie wrote:

I put my seat alllll the way back!

Don't do it if you're sitting in front of me, I'll knee you in the kidneys over and over till one of us gives up.

Domestic seats should not have a recline feature.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Reclining on modern aircraft with enough leg room for a dwarf is bad form if someone is behind you. Especially if they're using their table for eating.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:56 pm

Wokko wrote:
Reclining on modern aircraft with enough leg room for a dwarf is bad form if someone is behind you. Especially if they're using their table for eating.

It doesn't change the leg room, and when it's sleep time you gotta recline! Obviously not while eating! I'm talking 15 hours flights not 2 or 3

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:14 pm

15 hours fair enough, I had some douche nozzle decide to recline his seat on a 1 hour flight while I was using the tray table. It does change the leg room, the back of the seat is right on my knees.

I gave that bastard buggery until he got the hint and put the seat forward again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: