Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies demolish Dees. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should be Lippa, has got worse as the season has worn on.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:14 pm

What a great game from Bobby Hill. He got us off to an electrifying start which made all the difference in the end.
Defensive six was extraordinary all night. What a valiant effort from them. IQ simply exceptional in the heart-stopping final moments.
Loved seeing WHE turn back the clock with his valuable contribution.
I acknowledge that Gawn was so very important and crucial to them, especially in the last quarter with his marking around the ground, but thought our rucks were able to nullify him to some extent in the ruck contests. Coxy was absolutely spent when the siren went.

I find it difficult to understand why Lipinski continues to get selected. He has squibbed physical contact since coming back from shoulder surgery, which is a huge liability in finals footy. If he was a speedy and/or clever link player, then that could offset his lack of physical pressure, but he is
not. He needs to be the one to make way when Nick comes back.

Last edited by PyreneesPie on Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:14 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
After all that…who goes out for Nicky. Considering the effort by everyone tonight someone’s going to be utterly shattered to be omitted.

Lipinski. It's a no brainer.
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:15 pm

jonmac1954 wrote:
Gawn masterclass? - hardly . . . considering everyone in our side kept setting him up.

Mate don’t know what game you were watching? Give credit where credit is due…In wet slippery conditions not suited for big guys Gawn slayed tonight…full stop.

swooper 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:15 pm

No idea how the hell we won that ?! Unbelievable effort by the boys down back.

How loud was the cheer when Ginni came on ?! Laughing Laughing

Go Pies
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:17 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Got the only result that mattered but if we play them 10 times with that inside 50 differential I doubt we win it more than 1 or 2 games in 10.

Our defence was superb but lady luck was well and truly on our side tonight in that final quarter.

I think the inside differential was pretty similar in the game we played them late last year,and we still won that game as well,The reason why Melbourne don’t score a lot even with a high inside 50 count is that they have a lousy forward line.They have no real stars there.

Last edited by doriswilgus on Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:20 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
What a great game from Bobby Hill. He got us off to an electrifying start which made all the difference in the end.
Defensive six was extraordinary all night. What a valiant effort from them. IQ simply exceptional in the heart-stopping final moments.
Loved seeing WHE turn back the clock with his valuable contribution.
I acknowledge that Gawn was so very important and crucial to them, especially in the last quarter with his marking around the ground, but thought our rucks were able to nullify him to some extent in the ruck contests. Coxy was absolutely spent when the siren went.

I find it difficult to understand why Lipinski continues to get selected. He has squibbed physical contact since coming back from shoulder surgery, which is a huge liability in finals footy. If he was a speedy and/or clever link player, then that could offset his lack of physical pressure, but he is
not. He needs to be the one to make way when Nick comes back.

I agree about Lipinski.He’s a huge liability with his lack of pace and physical presence.I think he’s a favourite of the coach,but I think that favouritism should well and truly end now that we’re playing finals.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:22 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
HOME PRELIM!!
what a win

yes the umpires were awful, did everything to get the demons back into the game but we can forget all that as we have a week off and into the Prelim, and we escape the death side of the draw.

boys earned it.

Bruz to get off especially if GWS Bedford did for an actual bump
but i suspect it will be a long drawn out process again.

I have to finally concede that posters are right about the biased umpiring and it’s not just a case of whinging. I was gobsmacked by the amount of times we didn’t receive frees for Melbourne stuff ups but I guess winning eases the annoying pissants pretending to umpire. But wait for the AFL to state that they were brilliant! Dear me, never mind, we need them for the next game.

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:23 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
Hats off the Max Gawn, what a warrior.

An amazing player, probably the greatest ruckman I have seen, with the possible exception of Len Thompson
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:23 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:
Gawn masterclass? - hardly . . . considering everyone in our side kept setting him up.

Mate don’t know what game you were watching? Give credit where credit is due…In wet slippery conditions not suited for big guys Gawn slayed tonight…full stop.

"Mate" it's simple facts - Collingwood players constantly set him up putting it onto his head all night.

It's all in the footage time after time.

He's a good ruck but he got spoon fed by our own team.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:24 pm

Should we start a petition for the club not to have BT's service again in any shape or form?

Go Pies!!!!!! All the way!!!!!!!!!
Said by Zed 

Unfortunately have to agree re Lippy….does some classy things but has been avoiding heavy contact since coming back and opposition know this…his name is 100% on opposition whiteboards as someone to target and exploit….feel sorry for whomever misses out but this is what makes good teams great.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

LaurieHolden wrote:
^ fair assessment. Mitchell was so important early on, his experience really shine through. And tough, he and Adams set the tone early.

If Jamie and Checkers slotted one more of those we could have broken them earlier. But they kept coming.

14 contested possessions, huge and the biggest reason for getting him is not only to improve the contested possessions, but the partnership with Adams, gives us a constant rotation and presence. The same with McStay, it’s not as much his individual performance which tonight was just what we needed, but it’s the partnership with Mihocek and splitting the defence.

The key to our defence standing up tonight was Melbourne only had 1 target and Moore and Murphy had the size advantage.

Absolutely, we should have kicked 7 or 8 straight. But the biggest key tonight was whilst we never finished them off, we also never gave them the momentum goals before a break.

2018 I always felt letting the Eagles get a late first qtr goal was a killer, keep them goalless and it could have been a different story. Until the last qtr, every goal they kicked we answered back straight away and got on a run a few times, something they never managed till the last.

There is a lot of improvement in this group, but this was a real monkey off the back win for me, gives them the confidence the plan is working.
slangman 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:26 pm

Massive win that was soured by atrocious umpiring which helped Melbourne stay in the game.
Melbourne and Carlton will be found out this finals series for being too reliant on 2-3 stars whose performances dictate the outcome for their respective teams. Gawn, Petracca and Oliver had 9 more disposals each than the next highest possession getter for the Demons and still LOST!

The mighty Pies don’t have that reliance as witnessed tonight with Josh and Billy having very very low output games and Pendlebury not his usual self.

Much to work on but our best is better than anyone else’s.

Prelim!!!!

Last edited by slangman on Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:26 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
After all that…who goes out for Nicky. Considering the effort by everyone tonight someone’s going to be utterly shattered to be omitted.

Bruz will likely be an out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20   

Jump to: