Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Hawks. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

rad wrote:
Maynard Frampton. IQ
Murphy. Moore. Markov
JDaicos. Mitchell. Steele
Howe. Miocek. McCreery
Elliot McStay. Hill

Cameron, JDG, NDaicos

Int: Pendles, Adams, Crisp, Ginni
Noble (sub)

Howe had one good game, yes.
But one swallow does not make a summer

Why why why why don't we give Ash a go?

I like Markov in the team, Frampton at full back
Noble must be a starter

I still fail to see why we recruited McStay, maybe the answer will come by the time of finals.
Checkers better find form and quick or lose your spot to Ash Johnson.

WHE is not in this team? WHE is a quality utility player and a certain starter.

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:49 pm

I would be gobsmacked if Howe didn’t get selected for the finals. His marking, running and versatility is exactly what is needed to win finals. He is a big game performer who can be a game changer.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:16 pm

I am sure we are watching the StKilda Hawthorn game from last week to see what StK did to win convincingly.
A StKilda fan at work tells me that they tagged Sicily. Wherever Sicily went, Sharman was there to knock the ball to ground and prevent Sicily from intercept marking. Sharman has a good jump and is also good in the air. Clearly, a plan to nullify Sicily's impact will be central.
Hill will be invaluable as a crumber with lightning speed in the forward line, so definitely will come in.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:27 pm

I see that McRae declared the Howe shift to the forward line was six weeks in the making. I sense from those comments and the success that came with that move, that if won’t be the last time we see Howe in the forward line this year. I like the idea as long as the coaches are convinced they won’t lose much at all in the backline by shifting him forward. He can always go back again, it’s not like he doesn’t now his teammates back there.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:40 pm

^Agreed. And it's less random than appears as much of the flexibility comes with the player himself, who has played up the ground and is a mature leader who will take on such a challange without losing rhythm. Some players can't be thrown around because they haven't matured or had that experience.

Meanwhile, few would also want a premiership more, while he's also looking as fresh as a daisy from his time recuperating.

I also suspect as others have mentioned that forward leadership is part of the story. You can see Jamie, Hilly, Ash and Coxy really benefiting from his experience and leadership smarts, allowing them to focus on their game.

bucking awesome 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:09 pm

I don’t understand why everyone wants so many changes. I’ve read Sidey, Adams, Howe, mitchell, mcstay, checkers, beau, whe and even daicos should be dropped/ rested. This is crazy.

At most there will be 2 changes.

Cox out makes sense - ash to come in and mcstay and ash can help ruck. Potentially lipinski out, hill in and whe to be sub again

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:30 pm

Ash and Frampton to come in.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:47 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
I see that McRae declared the Howe shift to the forward line was six weeks in the making. I sense from those comments and the success that came with that move, that if won’t be the last time we see Howe in the forward line this year. I like the idea as long as the coaches are convinced they won’t lose much at all in the backline by shifting him forward. He can always go back again, it’s not like he doesn’t now his teammates back there.

I am glad to know that it was 6 weeks in the making, and not born of desperation. I remember MM's sudden switch of Ben Reid to the forward line, which bore amazing fruits the first time it happened, and then proved to be more and more barren in future iterations.
The memory of Ben Reid to the forward line made me very skeptical of moving Howie forward, and I am yet to be convinced. However, I am open to the possiblity, given how much respect I have for the decisions of our coaches.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:51 pm

bucking awesome wrote:
I don’t understand why everyone wants so many changes. I’ve read Sidey, Adams, Howe, mitchell, mcstay, checkers, beau, whe and even daicos should be dropped/ rested. This is crazy.

At most there will be 2 changes.

Cox out makes sense - ash to come in and mcstay and ash can help ruck. Potentially lipinski out, hill in and whe to be sub again

Very much agree... Coxy needs to regroup in the VFL to regain form, and Hill needs to come in. Only queries:
a) Does Frampton or AJ come in for Cox? (AJ is more aggressive, and Billy is more conservative)
b) Who comes out for Bobby Hill?

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:06 am

^Whatever the ultimate mix, I reckon both Hilly's pace and Ash's class have to be part of it.

I would pencil in Checkers, Jamie, Ash and Hilly to start with, and mix and match from there.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:12 am

The horrid Hawks are nowhere near the team that used to trouble us for so many seasons, the team of Hodge, Buddy, Mitchell, Lewis, Rioli, Burgoyne etc. This one is pretty raw, young, the ONLY two players who could give us some stick, and we better watch closely, is the erratic and wayward Sicily, and that Luke Bruest, who can boot four goals in a row, if not monitored closely. I am se Fly will have a plan worked out for both of them, and they will be kept under lock an key, especially Bruest, hes a real danger. Darcy will stick like supaglue on him, I have NO doubt of that.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:50 am

'Magic' Johnson and Bobby Hill must surely come back in. I'd also love to see Ginni rewarded with a recall, after putting in good performances in the VFL. Those 3 are all classy forwards, who kick goals. A forward line containing Johnson, Checkers, McStay, Hill, Ginni and Elliott, swapping with McCreery off the bench, would be awesome to see.

The outs are more difficult to justify, but based on their recent form, I would drop Cox, Markov (unlucky) and Lipinski (needs a wake-up call to toughen up).
piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:36 pm

Should be a rule on this forum - anyone who is wanted to be bought into the team (Ginni, Johnson) HAS to be accompanied by the necessary outs…

Wouldn’t mind seeing Ginni and Johnson myself - but now sure who at the expense of so I will defer from calling for those changes.

I think just Cox in for Frampton.

I don’t mind the back mix of Frampton, Moore and Murph as the ‘big’ guys - much better balance than trying to squeeze Howe in there (remember this is probably the first time we have had the depth to allow Howe to play anywhere else - or he himself has been injured).

In his presser coach sounded confident the contested bashing last week has easy fixes - hopefully we see that this week.

Tanuki 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:47 pm

Hey, does anyone know when the next training session is? Thanks
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:11 pm

First and foremost I want to see how the team responds after a 8 day break.i agree with 'bucking Awsome'. Changes are less important then how the team responds.

One of two things will happen....hopefully with a rest the pies comes out firing, a good win and all is forgiven in the eyes of some of the 'panic merchants'. As I said in the game day thread very early, they looked very tired.

If however, we struggle again this week, we can start to discuss 'mass changes'.

I would be amazed if we don't see a response from the team this weekend, they are too proud and too well drilled.

As far as changes, obvious ones are correct: Cox out (Fly i think has flagged it in the posr game press conference). Markov out.

Johnson in , Hill in.

Got to say....we would all be very grateful to the media for rounding on both Collingwood and Nick Diacos calling him selfish etc....perfect fuel to fire this team up.

We need the media to attack us every week!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: