Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rucking Duties

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

nomadjack wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
^ Nice way to denigrate our Captain, longest serving player, who has n othing but praise for Fly, and he was hardly going to slur his own Coach back then now was he, when that Coach was still with us ?? Get real.

And yet you expect him to be anything other than supportive when asked about Grundys future at the club? Seriously?

AS i say , I take HIS word and opinion, over any numpty here, any day of the week. He could have said, " Id like him to stay, but thats entirely up to Brodie I guess its his call now ", But he did not say that, far from it actually. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:11 pm

^ no player wants to lose a team mate, particularly those of the calibre of Grundy. And most of the supporters don't want to either, but we have to accept it as we have a salary cap to adhere to, and the club has to balance this against future objectives too (how much will N Daicos be worth in a few years time?). It is a very difficult situation. I don't want to see Grundy gone, but there is so much at play here, as we try to find the best mix of players to deliver us our next premiership.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:24 pm

Scratches head as he reads some responses!! We HAVE a 2 time AA 2 time Copeland trophy winner and people are putting up names of potatoes to take his place. 21 years of continuous membership is about to come to an end for me. I’ve stuck fat with this club for 69 years and been through a lot of shit but this takes the cake. What are the movers and shakers of this club even thinking about? Get rid of Grundy, pay $300k of his wages, get McStay in on $600k and we have ZERO nett gain and we lose one of the best footballers in the comp.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:26 pm

Mudlark, there are still people saying we should get Witts, Keefe and Ceglar back.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:06 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Mudlark, there are still people saying we should get Witts, Keefe and Ceglar back.

No one is saying that. It’s just that Wrighty isn’t the magician you hoped he’d be. I think pple forget it was buckenara that set up the golden yrs at hawthorn not Graeme Wrigh.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:34 pm

mudlark wrote:
Scratches head as he reads some responses!! We HAVE a 2 time AA 2 time Copeland trophy winner and people are putting up names of potatoes to take his place. 21 years of continuous membership is about to come to an end for me. I’ve stuck fat with this club for 69 years and been through a lot of shit but this takes the cake. What are the movers and shakers of this club even thinking about? Get rid of Grundy, pay $300k of his wages, get McStay in on $600k and we have ZERO nett gain and we lose one of the best footballers in the comp.

Yeh, the numpties are throwing up possible ruck names, to replace him, like Hayes ??, who could not even tie Brodies bootlaces in skill and ability. Surprised Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
slangman 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:51 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
^ Nice way to denigrate our Captain, longest serving player, who has n othing but praise for Fly, and he was hardly going to slur his own Coach back then now was he, when that Coach was still with us ?? Get real.

It’s not denigrating our captain. It’s just pointing out that he also backed Buckley last year.

Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:53 pm

mudlark wrote:

I still don't get how this works. Where is the $300,000 counted? In Melbourne's (if he ends up there) cap? Is that where the advantage lies? or does it just disappear into the ether?
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:14 pm

Player movement went from heresy to accepted.

We made the 2018 GF.. We believed we were in the 'zone', dragged our cap to 100% and succumbed to player contract demands.

Doesn't matter if one agrees with what our state was in 2018... The point is, EVERY club squeezes its nuts when it thinks it's in the zone.

Hawthorn did it.. they had a history of success, but in the end, they had to dump.

If a club feels it is in the window, it is obligated to its fans to do whatever it can to win a Premiership.

The point is, the club believed. It's the same in all clubs.

If salary dumping is sanctioned by the AFL, it will become common practice.

Any side vying for a GF will throw money to keep the players it feels will help them win it. There is only one winner.

When the opportunity has passed a mini rebuild may be in order. So dump the guy who squeezed at the right time.

Swings and roundabouts.

If we give up a player with a dump... we will pick up another coming the other way.

In theory lol
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:30 pm

Salary Cap Dumping is apparently going ahead this draft.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-clubs-allowed-to-salary-dump-trade-period-change-salary-cap-space-bigmoney-deals-contracts-brodie-grundy-tom-mitchell-brad-hill-brayden-fiorni-latest/news-story/c4874b96e15fabe41efce574ff2afa54

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:43 pm

mudlark wrote:

Maybe we can replace him with Travis Cloke, he might be old but he’s probably as in good from as Grundy in recent years…

AA and Copeland winner who has been shit for 3 years, stop living in the past.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:48 pm

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Player movement went from heresy to accepted.

We made the 2018 GF.. We believed we were in the 'zone', dragged our cap to 100% and succumbed to player contract demands.

Doesn't matter if one agrees with what our state was in 2018... The point is, EVERY club squeezes its nuts when it thinks it's in the zone.

Hawthorn did it.. they had a history of success, but in the end, they had to dump.

If a club feels it is in the window, it is obligated to its fans to do whatever it can to win a Premiership.

The point is, the club believed. It's the same in all clubs.

If salary dumping is sanctioned by the AFL, it will become common practice.

Any side vying for a GF will throw money to keep the players it feels will help them win it. There is only one winner.

When the opportunity has passed a mini rebuild may be in order. So dump the guy who squeezed at the right time.

Swings and roundabouts.

If we give up a player with a dump... we will pick up another coming the other way.

In theory lol

The thing is at successful clubs, the players already there would take a hit to stick together and be successful or allow them to bring someone in.

That’s why Collingwood isn’t a successful club with selfish players like Brodie on the list.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:42 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:
mudlark wrote:

I still don't get how this works. Where is the $300,000 counted? In Melbourne's (if he ends up there) cap? Is that where the advantage lies? or does it just disappear into the ether?

The $300K (or whatever our contribution to his wages is) will be counted in our salary cap. Melbourne has the means to pay all of his wages but they do not want the burden of having the entire $900K affecting their TPP.

Like what Mudlark has said, if we pay $300K of Grundy's wages and get McStay on $600K it would be like a direct swap of Grundy for McStay with zero financial benefit.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:58 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:
mudlark wrote:

It doesn’t matter what column it’s in it’s $900K . Same as what Brodie would be getting at this time of his contract. It makes NO SENSE!!
mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:03 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
mudlark wrote:

Maybe we can replace him with Travis Cloke, he might be old but he’s probably as in good from as Grundy in recent years…

AA and Copeland winner who has been shit for 3 years, stop living in the past.

It’s probably escaped that mind capacity of yours, but the last 3 years have been Covid affected with players being quarantined from their family and friends. But yeah!! Played like shit apparently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 4 of 22   

Jump to: