Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood Justin Leppitsch & Brendon Bolton

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Seems like we have/are assembled/assembling a great team of assistant coaches to work alongside Craig McRae.

I am, however, slightly puzzled at the need for a Director of coaching position. After all, we already have a head coach in McRae as well as a head of football department in Wright. I'm not criticising Bolton's appointment, but just hope we don't end up with too many chiefs and not enough Indians!

The main difference between both roles is that McRae would focus on game day strategies, preparation and oppo analysis. He would spend more time involved in the ā€œ for the now ā€œ stuff.
A director of coaching spends more time planning on the development of individuals and maps out customised programs in conjunction with support staff. I would see Bolton working more closely with the coaching assistants than the senior coach. Bolton and co ( including high performance, player welfare and medical staff ) would prepare the individuals development programs. Once these programs have been rolled out, they are then reviewed regularly for progress, achieving KPIs and updating.

Simplistically, McRae is in charge of winning and Bolton is in charge of developing the cattle to win with.
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:55 pm

https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/1437624039795691521/photo/1

Leppa, Fly & Bolts!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:06 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Bolton. Oh dear.

Give him a break, he was on a hidiing to nothing at Caaaaarlton, look at how they have now treated Teague, like shit. I used to call Bolts "laughing gas" cos he always seemed to be laughing, just a real happy guy. Hes very experienced, and has served apprenticeships, he will be great with out kids, and Leppa is real bonus, very long apprenticeship, senior Coach himself, knows the modern game inside out, great knowledge. Yeh, im very happy camper with these new appointments. Wink Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:14 pm

robevpau1 wrote:

Leppa, Fly & Bolts!

its weird that we have carlton written on our shirts, just sayin!!

i like this crew!!

apparently He was always the main target, and the 2 we speculated on were never interviewed!

im happy with this, low cost, no massive expectation outside of us die hards, so yeah, lets shock the $£$%^%%$ shit out of the competition!!

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:38 pm

used to dislik the faces of Leppa and Bolt.
all is forgiven!
all the best!
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:40 pm

Still think Luke Hodge will join us too
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:32 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Seems like we have/are assembled/assembling a great team of assistant coaches to work alongside Craig McRae.

I am, however, slightly puzzled at the need for a Director of coaching position. After all, we already have a head coach in McRae as well as a head of football department in Wright. I'm not criticising Bolton's appointment, but just hope we don't end up with too many chiefs and not enough Indians!

The main difference between both roles is that McRae would focus on game day strategies, preparation and oppo analysis. He would spend more time involved in the ā€œ for the now ā€œ stuff.
A director of coaching spends more time planning on the development of individuals and maps out customised programs in conjunction with support staff. I would see Bolton working more closely with the coaching assistants than the senior coach. Bolton and co ( including high performance, player welfare and medical staff ) would prepare the individuals development programs. Once these programs have been rolled out, they are then reviewed regularly for progress, achieving KPIs and updating.

Simplistically, McRae is in charge of winning and Bolton is in charge of developing the cattle to win with.

I'm sure it all looks good on a box diagram. Just hope we don't end up with our footy department being over managed. Hopefully, it works as seamlessly as you've outlined.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:43 pm

I read somewhere recently how part of the Storm's success is that Bellamy as coach is purely focused on match day coaching and another bloke in charge of medium to longer term strategy.

It looks to me like Fly and the club have created roles around Leppa and Bolts to focus on their strengths so with all 3 comfortable with their roles and how they inter-relate, there's every reason to think it should work successfully.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:22 pm

robevpau1 wrote:

Leppa, Fly & Bolts!

Fly looks the cooler trendier kid, Leppa the IDGAF and Bolton a dork. Completely irrelevant so long as they coach the house down!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:14 pm

3 amigos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9OAjqs6dOo

Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:44 am

stui magpie wrote:
3 amigos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9OAjqs6dOo

One for each other and all for one
the Three brave Amagpies are we
Brother to Brother and everyone
A brave Amagpie

Where ever they meet us our destinys lead us
Amagpies we are always together
where ever we go we're three brave Amagpies
and we'll be Amagpies forever

We are the three Amagpies
We are the three Amagpies
We are the three AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAmagpies
and Amagpies forever we'll be

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:26 am

I'm not gunna lie - its gunna take me a while to get used to Leppa
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:06 am

Iā€™m pretty pumped for this. I think Mr Wright has got it right! For once the foundations are there.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:23 am

Corey Enright next?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:10 am

Piesnchess wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Bolton. Oh dear.

Give him a break, he was on a hidiing to nothing at Caaaaarlton, look at how they have now treated Teague, like shit. I used to call Bolts "laughing gas" cos he always seemed to be laughing, just a real happy guy. Hes very experienced, and has served apprenticeships, he will be great with out kids, and Leppa is real bonus, very long apprenticeship, senior Coach himself, knows the modern game inside out, great knowledge. Yeh, im very happy camper with these new appointments. Wink Smile

Working with the HFC on the Kennedy Community Centre development at Dingley and my contact on the project is very sad to see both McRae and Bolts depart. Both very well regarded in their roles and as people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: