Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Maynard

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^And that's pretty much all I meant with the Hodge reference. All new draftees are given ludicrous comparisons to established stars, most of them mean nothing. But with Maynard I can see some Hodge in him even if he's clearly not close to that level at this stage.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:39 pm

Well, he's closer to being Hodge than Billy Morrison was to being Jonathan Brown.
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:10 pm

E wrote:
jatsad wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Maynard (Bux's pet) has the rare advantage of playing 50+ games before his 21st birthday. A bit like cricket proteges such as Ponting and Clarke he has learnt on the job and hope it's north from here.

I think Bux's pets are actually Blair and Smith, more so than Maynard.

I know I haven't been the only one on this board calling for Maynard to be shifted to the midfield, cant understand why it took to the last round to try it.

Even Bux seemed surprised by how "ready" he was, even though he is under his nose daily.

Does that tell you something?

Easily the DUMBEST post in the history of Nicks. bucks has played Maynard since day one when he was about the only guy who saw ANYTHING in him.

To even slightly suggest that Bucks has missed seeing Maynards potential is assinine and simply stupid.

It is clear from your post that you are ready to turn everything into a slight on Bucks, but dude, you are so far off base on this one you are still in the batters box!!!!!

Well said, Bucks backed him in when the majority didn't. Reaping the benefits now.

It's easy to forget Smith finished 7th in his first real year of football too, he had claims to his spot in the best 22. Was dropped on multiple occasions this year though and rightly so.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:28 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^And that's pretty much all I meant with the Hodge reference. All new draftees are given ludicrous comparisons to established stars, most of them mean nothing. But with Maynard I can see some Hodge in him even if he's clearly not close to that level at this stage.

I got your back inky!

Most player evaluation forms ask recruiters to identify who the kid projects to resemble. i hate it when people who say "plays like Hodge" get told not to get carried away. Afterall hodge is a 4 time premiership player, 250 gamer and one of the best ever to play his position.

But you weren't saying "is better than Hodge" or "as good as Hodge". all you were saying is that his game style reminds you of a Hodge.

If its ok for recruiters to tell recruiting managers that young kids' games most resemble a Hodge, why the hell cant we?

K 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:38 am

E wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
^^And that's pretty much all I meant with the Hodge reference. <snip>. But with Maynard I can see some Hodge in him even if he's clearly not close to that level at this stage.

I got your back inky!

Most player evaluation forms ask recruiters to identify who the kid projects to resemble. i hate it when people who say "plays like Hodge" get told not to get carried away. Afterall hodge is a 4 time premiership player, 250 gamer and one of the best ever to play his position.

But you weren't saying "is better than Hodge" or "as good as Hodge". all you were saying is that his game style reminds you of a Hodge.

If its ok for recruiters to tell recruiting managers that young kids' games most resemble a Hodge, why the hell cant we?

Err... 300 gamer, actually... But I'm sure 50 of those were crap Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: