Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

if brown gets rubbed out I'll spew !

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Never - it was a beat up. Brown is a ball player and I have never seen him do anything mean on the field. He was going to contest the mark and the opposition player took the mark running the wrong way. Brown was a split second late and covered up to protect himself. Like all such incidents, it looks terrible in slow-mo but at full speed its obviously in the play.

In my opinion, it wasn't even a free kick or 50m penalty. It's a contact sport and when people are contesting with eyes for the ball and this sort of unintentional hit occurs because an opposition player does something unexpected, the contest shouldn't be penalised. Short of dematerialising, Brown was committed to that contest. He couldn't avoid crashing into Parker but he could and did protect himself. If we want contested marking in the game, we have to allow that sometimes people will mistime their run - unless their intent is obviously malicious and not the ball, the play should continue and the contest shouldn't be penalised.

I am completely appalled that these sorts of incidents are seriously penalised when deliberate punches at stoppages only attract fines.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:17 am

I agree, but it doesn't surprise me

I don't like the fine thing, and deliberate hits, sniping behind the ball, should get an extra penalty because it's designed to hurt. Not get the ball. Big difference between a Shepard and a thump.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:35 am

Let's be happy with one. After all the media did their best to rub him out for the next 10 years. It didn't work Very Happy Brown is not a dirty player, there was nothing malicious in it and the player hit got straight back up and played out the game. Nothing more to be said.
Millane42 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:56 am
Post subject: Re: if brown gets rubbed out I'll spew !Reply with quote

princem007 wrote:
Yes he bumped but what can you do when your in the air.

The swans player was fine.

Cooney concusses a player and gets a week.

Let's see what the lottery raffle does this week.

Being a pies player he will probably get 4

Did you park the brown tiger??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: