Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Memo to Collie Dog and Other Nick's Trolls

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
He talks beautifully, and his beliefs are very sound. He should be able to inspire a team. Unfortunately we are yet to see the words translated into a coherent football side that looks as though it knows what it is doing. Into the void between words and evidence, we can only insert our feelings - either this squad is very young and will improve significantly, and the coach has the right approach but cannot cover the inexperience - or he is unable to develop a system that maximises the impact of the resources he has at his disposal. I tend to the latter, but could be wrong.

I think we should be humble enough to admit that the truth is unknowable. Time is the only ingredient that can turn uncertainty into evidence, and we need to let him have until end 2015 and then form a view.

Completely agree with this.

Personally I think the jury is out on Bucks and sacking him now would be a very bad move. As I said in another thread, I feel this year is the first full year where this has been truly's Buckley's team in the sense of the personnel we have and the kind of game plan he wants to implement. 2012 and 2013 still had some lasting shades of the Malthouse era until the end of 2013 when it went extinct with the departures of several high-profiled players such as Alan Didak, Dale Thomas and Heath Shaw.

The results have been poor in the second half and it's a startling decline from the first half of the year after we were 8-3 after the Queens Birthday match against Melbourne, but I think a lot of that comes down to the inexperience of the side and the fact that we've started burning out on top of the poor game plan we have at the moment.

I think Buckley needs another full year to really demonstrate whether he's the right man for the job after 2015. For him to succeed my personal expectations I think we need a coherent and effective game plan that can be identified by the supporters and is working well, for us to push for the top 8 or even make it and to see continual development of our youngsters which I agree which is very positive at the present time.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:34 pm

jackcass wrote:
Big T wrote:
I may be predominantly negative about the club of late, but I am not a Buckley hater and never have been. Check your facts jackass.

And how did I fit into that... and it's jackcass as in Jack Cass!

You'll always be Jackass to me.

P.S-You sure you're not Another Sad Sack?

Razz

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
collie dog wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
collie dog wrote:
Kevin Rudd was a smooth talker as well. So is Barack Obama. And look at the legacy they have left.

Women been making fun of you again Jack?

I am not Jack you idiot! And neither are those posters mentioned in the OP trolls. We are all lifelong Pies supporters who are simply fed up with the tripe the club keeps dishing up to us. But if mediocrity grabs you then strap in for a bumpy ride over the next year. One day it will all be over. I am sick of nothing but fights at Collingwood and on Nick's. Ever since the truce of 2010-11 it has been one long drawn out ugly fight. I'm sick of it - its like the ugly Jihad between the Sunnis and the Shiites. But the club doesn't belong to you plants either. Evil or Very Mad

NO, your not jack, jack has given up on tony abbott for one thing, and he used to be a full on supporter of him. You say YOU are sick of fights on Nicks, hey, pray tell, who comes on here with the most negative bile and hate against bucks, the club, eddie and god knows what else, its friggin you and your negative troll buddies. YOUR sick of it, well catch the news sunshine, WE, the majoirity on Nicks, are sick to death of your constant carping and negativity, pissing and moaning, its tiresome, we know you loathe bucks, you think all our kids are duds, we have a lousy admin, we get it right, now go and play in your sandbox and give us all a break, and take your sad sackers with you, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out either. Exclamation Exclamation Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

This just makes my head spin.

Jack, leave poor PNC alone! Razz

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:12 pm

Don't think it makes you a troll if you ponder what has gone wrong since 2010. Youngest premiership team for a while, with a team full of all Australians. 4 years on, we are well and truly shot, We just haven't got the cattle.

Looking at 2010, the class/skill of Thomas, Shaw, Wellingham, Didak, Swan, O'Brien, Pendlebury, Beams, Sidebottom - lots of them cutting you up.

Now, half are literally gone, some are still there but gone nonetheless, (H and Swannie), and the shortcomings of Pendles, Beams and Sidebottom are exposed when they have no one else of class around them.

We take solace if our younger players aren't complete duds, but that doesn't make them champions either.

History is quite clear now. If we could go back, Malthouse would have stayed coach, but there are worse things in life hey.

At the moment, if Hawthorn was allowed open slather at our list, there would only be a handful they would be interested in.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:21 pm

jackcass wrote:

Now that you pointed it out it is Jack Cass
Sorry always read it as Jackass
My bad

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:07 pm

neil wrote:
jackcass wrote:

My bad

Don't sweat, been called a lot worse, and that's just today!
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:15 pm

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
E wrote:
Big T wrote:
I may be predominantly negative about the club of late, but I am not a Buckley hater and never have been. Check your facts jackass.

ok something is going seriously wrong here.

First, I want to throw my full support behind Big T. If he has posted negative posts about Collingwood (or any part thereof), it is the expression of a specific opinion and NOT, repeat NOT, just hating on Collingwood. He's been here long enough and posted enough pro Collingwood, passionate Collingwood and balanced Collingwood to have earned the right to make critical comments about the club when warranted. So Mr. wren, I think you either have the wrong poster, or maybe haven't been following closely enough for long enough.

Mr Big T. You also have gotten confused. You were talking to Mr Wren, not Jackass! Jackass is also a highly respected poster on this site! by telling him he is behaving like a Jackass on this board is saying "you are posting really well balanced and thoughtful posts". not sure if you meant to do that.

you all need to get your posters right. Or perhaps if we focused on the subject matter of the post, instead of the poster, it would be better for all of us.

It would also be helpful if all the sack the coach sentiments were in the sack the coach thread as its kind of like Mr. Smith from the Matrix. Its infecting the entire board.

Time to allow discussion about injuries and especially the future without making it all about one topic. Unless that happens, really intelligent posters like me and coach tannin could be lost to this site.

There is my plea.

Thanks E

ahem, mr e have you mistaken me for mr appleby?

though, i have noticed big t has been extremely negative of late which is not like what i have come to expect.

Ok, I have had a day to chill and think about this thread and would like to make the following comments:

1. I have been way too negative lately, probably personal life has impacted on that
2. I love the Pies, I guess I just am struggling more with modernisation of the game than the club itself
3. Appreciate the support E but also appreciate the thread Neil and the comments John
4. Mandy rightfully had a go at me too re negativity, as did Pies4Shaw, all showing I have become too unbalanced
5. I am in life generally a very positive person. Time to head back at least to "the middle" with some more balanced perspective.

Overall, I love nicks and it should be a positive and learning experience and I need to adjust my outlook. Appreciate the thread Neil, its made me have a good hard look.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:49 pm

I love the club stooges
fit in well as a communist cadre
or maybe a southern born again christian
better still as flavour of the month jihadist
lets round up those "perceptive fellow"
and whip them and whip them good!!!!
"perceptive fellow" dont apologise
just keep whinging and maybe they
send you to the mythical island that
jack spain retired to.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:33 pm

jackcass wrote:
neil wrote:
jackcass wrote:

My bad

Don't sweat, been called a lot worse, and that's just today!

I've been reading it the same way. You must have thought I was abusing you routinely! Embarassed Sorry.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Haha, never took any notice of the 'c' either Laughing Embarassed
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:14 pm

Bucks might be able to talk "the talk" but he's yet to walk "the walk".

We shall see...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:14 pm

Dble post.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:20 am

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Haha, never took any notice of the 'c' either Laughing Embarassed

My wife doesn't either.... but she generally only calls me a 'c' under her breathe or behind my back Wink
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:36 am

gurugeoff wrote:
History is quite clear now. If we could go back, Malthouse would have stayed coach, but there are worse things in life hey.

Seems history is not clear at all because I believe it shows we were 100% right to move him on. Whether we made the right choice for his replacement is not so clear.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:13 pm

Az wrote:
I think you'd have to consider your occupation as a legitimate journalist if you were to dead set seriously ask if he thinks he's cursed. Nobody refers to the meta-physical because it's flat out dumb mate. There is a reason for our supposed run of bad luck, and it doesn't involve the footy gods.

I very quietly beg to differ, both from personal experiences (as a Sri Lankan born Aussie who actually has seen it in operation) and a cultural knowledge of its existance. Believe it or not (and 99.99% probably totally disbelieve it) I KNOW of a Sri Lankan curse (they actually call it a charm, not a curse) being put on St Kilda never to win another flag after the John Greening incident way back in 1972. Call it a coincidence or call me a crackpot nutter or whatever, but I truly believe that it works...... Rolling Eyes

Luckily we live in a country where we have freedom to believe what we like, and to each their own with that......... Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: