Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies dump Cats . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So Reid is out for a month along with Brown, oh well, lucky we have some easy games before the bye, probably should do what Geelong did and not bother going to Adelaide this week
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:05 pm

sandy wrote:
It was a gutsy win in that last quarter when we had two players down. Very disappointing we have more injuries, something has to go our way on the injury front soon. We are going to miss Swannie and Reid over the next 4 weeks. Reid's injury is a big concern, his quad is becoming a major problem.
it in the ruck not sure if a of those he or she mentioned would be in line to play key back looks like Taz gets a reprieve if Reid is out But bring in Wood Ugle Seedsman for Dawes Thomas and Didak Lets face it no one could did worse than Thomas and Didak Yagmoor showed more this year[quote] Okay judging from this post you like losing more than winning was killed?
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Dawes was also good tonight - took marks and kicked a clutch goal when counted. Daisy will be better for the run but his efforts in putting his body on the line was fantastic!

Buckley was not on for long did a few good things but still looks nervous when he has the ball though.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:07 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
So Reid is out for a month along with Brown, oh well, lucky we have some easy games before the bye, probably should do what Geelong did and not bother going to Adelaide this week

Very tough game next week with the injuries. Give it a crack and try to at least protect the percentage. A win would be huge.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:09 pm

Big VFL game this round. Selection must be wide open. A chance for a couple of players to put their hands up; none of them have really done so thus far. I'm hoping for Elliott to be selected after a blinder, because I think he looks pretty good.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:11 pm

We play well in SA - crows will be in for a tough game this weekend and will have a lot of expectation to knock us off... unfortunately for them it will not happen!
On the March 

God some of you are hard to please. Good win under the circumstances
= well done Pies
Invigoration 

Taylor Walker's suspension is a bit of a god send. If we can sneak a win over in Adelaide we'll get everyonet back after the bye and be no worse off.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:12 pm

pietillidie wrote:

Anyhow, we get the four points but we need to stop imagining we're defending a flag that we're presently a mile off; some trust and team spirit is needed to overcome the second guessing and undisciplined play. If we imagine we can turn things on and off and waste hard-earned ball like that more mentally-hardened outfits will run over us on the big stage.

Couldn't agree more with those sentiments. We are kidding ourselves to think with all our injury woes (that only got a lot worse tonight), inexperienced players and our weakest backline for a decade, that we have a realistic chance of winning the flag this year.

The chosen few dragged us kicking and screaming over the line. Stand up and take a bow Scott Pendlebury (make him captain IMMEDIATELY, because he is the true spiritual leader of this team!), Steele Sidebottom, Sharrod Wellingham and Dayne Beams. Pendlebury's goals were rock solid GOLD tonight. And until they got injured, Swan and Reid were outstanding as well. But geez they didn't get a lot of help.

Cloke was well beaten. Dawes did a few good things, but not enough. Ditto Jolly. Fasolo was Jeckle and Hyde. Didak looked superb and I'm still scratching my head wondering wtf he was subbed out. Was he injured as well. Why would you take a potential matchwinner off to bring Simon Buckley on (obviously Buckley was to cover for Reid, but he almost cost us the match)? And Daisy Thomas is back to the very worst of his 2008-9 "form".

The whole defence was down. Heater did some good things, but a lot of brainless disposals. Keefe played his worst game of the year. Maxwell is not having an impact. Marty Clarke disappears for big patches of games. And Harry O!! Good God, he would be the first player dropped if I was picking the side. He's completely forgotten how to play footy. Rolling Eyes

To think that a side in freefall like Geelong could draw level with us 62 seconds from the end, just highlights how poorly we played tonight.

Gutsy win in the end, but it was the chosen few who did it for us.

As for the maggots. I'm so over the umpiring of our games I'm ready to kill someone! Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by jack_spain on Fri May 18, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
obleex 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said about the game. On the way home now, absolutely buzzing!!!

You'd think Tarrant comes back next week for Reid.

With Swan, maybe Wellers can play the same role he did last year when Swan was in Arizona. Got the 3 votes that week didn't he?

Couldn't be prouder of the boys!!!!
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:14 pm

What a great win. Atmosphere at the G was electric. Flag favourites now.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Dead set some of the crap I read here. Clearly you were not at the game and didn't watch it. A certain player who didn't get a touch in the 2nd half was subbed off at 3/4 time. Dawes was good tonight I felt.

The pussy cats threw everything at us and we still won. Wasn't great footy but like I mentioned to my son during the game I don't care if we're beaten everywhere but the scoreboard. Job done.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:17 pm

BTW if you are going to kill someone Jack try the loser in the mirror!

Of course we have a realistic chance of winning the flag - we have won games with a depleted list and we are only going to improve.

Pendles was great as per usual but what does that have to do with spirituality? Stupid!

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:19 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Very tough game next week with the injuries. Give it a crack and try to at least protect the percentage. A win would be huge.

We have two chances of winning in Adelaide next week. Buckley's and none. Make your choice. Wink
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:19 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
The pussy cats threw everything at us and we still won.

And the bloody umps were behind them too and it still wasnt enough

collingwood - FLAG FAVOURITES
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17   

Jump to: