Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Fevola, is it the end?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What an incredible stupid person.

BTW Whats a turkey slap..I seriously dont know!

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:32 pm

^ You don't want to know Joffa.

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
I don't know why but I feel sorry for him. Yes he's been a knob at times. I loathed him with a passion when he played for Carlton & when he decided to play a role in beating us this year.

But he's been made a fool of on the footy show in full public view, discussed, dissected, we've been witness & party to his self destruction on the Brownlow night with (aren't I a nice guy Gary Lyon, Jamie Bradshaw & that other bully Sam Newman) with no one taking responsibility. Not his empoyers nor colleagues nor friends - because he drank far too much that night. No one looking out for him & taking the camera away, no one stepping in so we can all party on his self destruction - aggrr the media they always win.

His gambling, marriage breakdown/strain, poor choices, the humiliation (yes he's brought some ? alot of it on his own head), relationship strain etc. It could easily be one of our players.

My wife who is a nurse - wonderful woman met his mother & had nothing but praise about her as a person.

One of the people I work with told me her story re Fev: many years ago (A carlton supporter her choices can be poor!!) had a birthdayparty for one of her children & asked him if he would come over - there was no fuss, her young kids & their friends were rapt, had a great time & he didn't have to do it - she's no one famous - I'm sure a lot of players do this a lot of the time & Fevola did this too.

It could easily be one of our own.

Look, as far as things go he's probably quite a nice bloke. He seems unaffected, not an up-himself-tool like a lot of them, but he's obviously got an issue with lack of control when he drinks.

If anyone is at fault here, it's Carlton. They indulged him from the time he was a kid and first kicked 12 against us on new years eve and let him get away with murder. Poor behaviour was dealt with by a smack on the wrist and a nod and wink. Consequently the poor numbat grows into his 30's with the steadfast belief that normal rules don't apply to him because that's the behaviour that has been reinforced for years.

When it all comes crashing down around him (and it will, if not this time then next time or the time after) I genuinely fear for his safety. He's a candidate to end up living under a bridge or necking himself.

Alright, jokes aside. You guys have done us a service with these posts. Well said. Somehow I think you've summed up Fev's options pretty well Stui. Sad, any way you look at it. Sad
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:37 pm

joffa corfe wrote:

By PM please!
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:39 pm

^^

You want one delivered by Julia Gillard ?

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:39 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

By PM please!

muttley2.jpg

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:42 pm

If it was a turkey slap, then "Fevola, is it the end?" is probably what the recipient asked.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:43 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
^^

You want one delivered by Julia Gillard ?

Burnsy you're a bad bad man. Very Happy
noddy, Aries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Defender wrote:
if he gets sacked voss has to go with him IMO, voss should go anyway after destroying any chance they had for a flag in the next 5 yrs, the man single handedly destroyed te club IMO.

the age article says that fevola is on 700k/year with 2 years to run. i think i'd be right in saying that if they give fev the arse, they'll still have to include his salary in their cap for the next two seasons.

noddy, Aries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:47 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
I don't know why but I feel sorry for him. Yes he's been a knob at times. I loathed him with a passion when he played for Carlton & when he decided to play a role in beating us this year.

But he's been made a fool of on the footy show in full public view, discussed, dissected, we've been witness & party to his self destruction on the Brownlow night with (aren't I a nice guy Gary Lyon, Jamie Bradshaw & that other bully Sam Newman) with no one taking responsibility. Not his empoyers nor colleagues nor friends - because he drank far too much that night. No one looking out for him & taking the camera away, no one stepping in so we can all party on his self destruction - aggrr the media they always win.

His gambling, marriage breakdown/strain, poor choices, the humiliation (yes he's brought some ? alot of it on his own head), relationship strain etc. It could easily be one of our players.

My wife who is a nurse - wonderful woman met his mother & had nothing but praise about her as a person.

One of the people I work with told me her story re Fev: many years ago (A carlton supporter her choices can be poor!!) had a birthdayparty for one of her children & asked him if he would come over - there was no fuss, her young kids & their friends were rapt, had a great time & he didn't have to do it - she's no one famous - I'm sure a lot of players do this a lot of the time & Fevola did this too.

It could easily be one of our own.

Look, as far as things go he's probably quite a nice bloke. He seems unaffected, not an up-himself-tool like a lot of them, but he's obviously got an issue with lack of control when he drinks.

If anyone is at fault here, it's Carlton. They indulged him from the time he was a kid and first kicked 12 against us on new years eve and let him get away with murder. Poor behaviour was dealt with by a smack on the wrist and a nod and wink. Consequently the poor numbat grows into his 30's with the steadfast belief that normal rules don't apply to him because that's the behaviour that has been reinforced for years.

When it all comes crashing down around him (and it will, if not this time then next time or the time after) I genuinely fear for his safety. He's a candidate to end up living under a bridge or necking himself.

oh, stui. huh ?

i can't believe they named and shamed him. this is only the second time that he's pulled his sausage out. the afl should only tell his doctor after the 2nd one and then they can tell everyone the third time he gets it out in public.

sorry mate - but this is carlton's fault ?

TurkishPie 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:54 pm

noddy, wrote:
Defender wrote:
if he gets sacked voss has to go with him IMO, voss should go anyway after destroying any chance they had for a flag in the next 5 yrs, the man single handedly destroyed te club IMO.

the age article says that fevola is on 700k/year with 2 years to run. i think i'd be right in saying that if they give fev the arse, they'll still have to include his salary in their cap for the next two seasons.

unless there is a behavioral clause
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:55 pm

If they give Fev the arse?

Then Vossy in just his 2nd year could claim to be responsible for losing

1 - Bradshaw (pissed him off by putting him up for trade)
2 - Rischitelli (pissed him off by putting him up for trade) (told he would not get another contract)
3 - Henderson & pick 12 (traded for Fev) (got pick 27 in return)
4 - Could still lose Brennan & or Drummond because of salary cap room caused by his Fev trade.
5 - Now may lose Fevola as well after all.
This guy should be sacked, his decision making & people skills are terrible. Any chance after brissy give him the arse he could coach Carlton? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:38 pm

And it sounds like Rischitelli will win their B&F! I think Vossy just turkey slapped himself!!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:44 pm

noddy, wrote:

oh, stui. huh ?

i can't believe they named and shamed him. this is only the second time that he's pulled his sausage out. the afl should only tell his doctor after the 2nd one and then they can tell everyone the third time he gets it out in public.

sorry mate - but this is carlton's fault ?

Mate, Carlton didn't whip it out for him, but the fact that he's got to this age and appears to have little capacity to moderate his own behaviour or even legitimately understand when he's done wrong has to be largely a product of how Carlton treated him.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:44 pm

I was going to say "what a knob", but you would read that the wrong way and condemn me forever!?!
Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:47 pm

So we can turn Leroy into a silk purse, but you don't want to try and tame Fev?
I would put our very own Dane Swan up as an example of what a club who has the personnel can do for a players career. Swan was a very bad boy and yet he was turned around. Why can't we do the same with Fev?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: