Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Happy birthday Mr Howard.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

CQ wrote:
No 50,000 is no small number, if 500 people died from starvation here there would be a huge uproar.
But you talk about - "1.2 million displaced. Thats 1.2 million who are at a high risk of dying from disease and starvation."

You know how many have been 'displaced' because of the Congo war? FIFTY MILLION

No, 50 million people may have been vulnerable or affected as a result of the war but thats not the same as displacement, which means having to flee ones home. There are about 3.4 million displaced right now which is more than any of the other years during the war. The country's entire population is about 50 million.

CQ wrote:
Yes not a nice story, but things like that have happened in the Congo war, and considering it is on a much larger scale, it would have happened a bit, look it up and you will see.

I know it did and it still does, and in many other African countries too. Ethiopia, Uganda, Nigeria, Kenya, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, I don't know all the badly afflicted countries, theres about 20 main ones.

I brought it up because it doesn't sit well with me personally to complain about a few terrorist cells in Australia who haven't done anything yet, with the level of violence happening in other parts of the world. However, drawing attention to the type of violence rather than stating actual figures may have been a more appropriate way to make the point.

CQ wrote:
They *thought*, sorry but just thinking he may have them isnt enough, America were ranting and raving about how they KNEW he had the WMD's etc, and now they've been shown up for the lying bullshit artists that they are.
Yes huge positives, along with America dominating another country, one with a lot of oil conveniently enough.

I can't believe how many people just believe the governments tripe, without questioning it at all.

Our agencies have copped the blame for the intelligence failure on WMD assessments. Theres no evidence to prove any political pressure from our Government. You can believe what you want, but I was only pointing out the positives from the war in that the world will be a much better place without Suddam.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:39 pm

Well hes gone now isn't he, but they're still there - fixing everything that they bombed the shit out of ironically enough.

speaking of irony i love it how america raves about world peace yet they're the ones who start nearly every conflict.

WORLD PEACE - as long as you do as america says! pfft!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:43 pm

Would you rather do as China says? Or perhaps the Russians, or even Iraq? I don't think so.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:48 pm

different cultures joel, and while i dont agree with a lot of things they do, not every country does things them the same. and i dont see them poking their noses into every other countries business.

america says theyre all for world peace and all that crap when theyre the biggest bullies out.

so where are the WMDs eh? america are lying bullshit artists and a lot of things they do are quite questionable too. ie invading another country without UN approval.
funny how they wanna take the non existent WMDs off iraq but they have WMDs themselves!
they 'say' theyre gunna get rid of them YER RITE.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:11 pm

I agree the US is full of BS. But, I would much rather be allies with them, than anyone else (at this point in time).

CQ, there WAS WMDs in Iraq. Everyone knows that. We still don't know where they are, but we know that they DID exist. ie. the gassing the Kurds etc.

I guess Saddam made his country everyone else's business once he started gassing people, and after he invaded Kuwait.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:16 am

america are only bothering with us because they want a base in darwin, so they can easily flock over to spy on south korea, north korea, japan, china, and any other asian nation they feel like keeping tabs on, pfft.

that is such a crock joel, if america were so concerned about kuwait then why did it take them 13 years to get around to invading iraq?

ahh yes but america were ranting and raving about how THEY KNEW where they were and all this shit, so why havent they found them?

bush is just upset and trying to fight his daddys war.
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:58 am

Politics=money / money=power / power=?
Eunos 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:27 pm

eddies bank balance wrote:
Politics=money / money=power / power=?

= Collingwood.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:38 pm

I tell you one thing that really annoys me, is when people blatantly hate America and are unwilling to see BOTH sides of the argument.

Hating America is so popular that it is pathetic.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:56 pm

"I tell you one thing that really annoys me, is when people blatantly hate America and are unwilling to see BOTH sides of the argument."

same applies the other way around. ppl love america without seeing both sides.
*cough* howard *cough*

i dont hate america itself, more their corrupt government and some of the idiot citizens who think everything they do is 'just grand'

the people i feel sorry for are the american soldiors killed because of the political games the government plays.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:21 pm

so joel, apart from you being annoyed about people hating america, care to explain more about why gassing the kurds in 1990 is reason to invade iraq in 2003?
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:23 am

Better late than never.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:17 pm

Please anything but johnny in at the next election! at least latham had a bucks night!

www.facebook/the hybernators
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:32 pm

That is such BS Joel, you just made up some crappy excuse for invading Iraq, why dont you you just admit don't even know what you're talking about. As if gassing people 13 years ago has anything do to with why they poked their noses in this time. Except that Daddy Bush couldn't get rid of Saddam back then.

But remember, this is supposed to be about WMDs, not how they had so save Kuwait from Iraq invading them (*cough* 13 years ago *cough*).
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:53 pm

I do know what I'm talking about CQ. To be honest, I'm sick of even talking about it. I'm at that point where I would rather say 'blah' than say another word.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11   

Jump to: