Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Father Son and NGA Radar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Both will be Collingwood players in a few weeks.

Lots to look forward to.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:01 am

I meant in regards to drafting.
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:10 am

We will take both of them. Take it to the bank
themonk 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:25 am

dalyc wrote:

I suspect we've all heard the same thing, hope to pick up a decent player with our first pick and then utilise remaining picks to secure Brown & Daicos.

Late picks will probably be used for rookie elevations, Keefe, Cox etc...
mattys123 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:14 pm

We nominated both of them officially today.

Quote:
@AFL_PKeane: F/son noms:
Adel – B Jarman (son of Darren).
Coll – C Brown (Gavin), J Daicos (Peter).
Geel - S Simpson (Sean).
WCoast - J Waterman (Chris).

Doesn't necessarily mean we will take both, or either, but it just gives the other clubs time to figure out if they want to bid on either on draft day.

We won't know more until draft day now when the bidding process takes place.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:18 pm

dalyc wrote:

There was a bit of mail over on BigFooty recently from a couple of posters with established histories of reliable inside info. Both say we'll be taking both boys, with the only uncertainty being just how high in the order a few other clubs rate Brown (Essendon apparently being one of them). Consensus seems to be that Daicos, whom the club is said to be very high on, will be secured with our later pick(s).

Of course, it goes without saying, that salt is to be taken in a daily recommended dose when reading all of this. But as I said, the mailmen in question have an established track record of reliable intel...

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:49 pm

Looks like we are trying secure both of them which is good news.

From the Collingwood web site

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-10-31/pies-nominate-fatherson-duo

Quote:
Collingwood has formally nominated Callum Brown and Josh Daicos as potential father-son recruits during November's National Draft.

Both teenage pair will now need to wait until draft night before learning whether or not they will become Magpies in 2017, with the league's bidding system to be activated, allowing other clubs the chance to bid for Brown or Daicos' services during the meeting.

The National Draft will be held on the evening of Friday 25 November at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion.

Both Brown and Daicos represented Vic Metro in the National Under 18 Championships earlier this year.

Their fathers, Gavin and Peter, are members of the club's 1990 premiership side and its Team of the Century.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:51 pm

Great news that we've nominated both, but how much more likely does that make it that we'll get them? I'm thinking particularly of Daics. We MUST get this kid. I know Brown looks like a real gun, but Daicos could be a game changer either way.
Anyone old enough to remember how average Gaz was when he started? There was even doubt about whether he'd play, and Nathan actually looked the better for a while. Then Gaz turned a corner and bang! One of the greats! It's not guaranteed of course, but if he succeeds like I think he will with his name it could be the start of a new Collingwood, it's that big!

The flip side could be a Daicos starring for Carlton, Essendon, or (I can't even type it... blue & White hoops, you know).
That would be a morale destroyer. Anyone got 30 years to wait?

And then there's Nick! How often is a younger brother even better!? But Collingwood don't like having brothers in the side for some idiot reason, and they don't like change.

Stupid spellcheck. don't like 'Gaz'

Last edited by 35forever on Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:41 pm

35forever wrote:
^

Just once I'd like to read a post from you that doesn't bag the club.... Just once.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:58 pm

35forever wrote:
And then there's Nick! How often is a younger brother even better!? But Collingwood don't like having brothers in the side for some idiot reason, and they don't like change.

Twomeys, Pannams, Richards, Roses, Coventrys, Shaws to name a few would suggest this is baloney.

35forever 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:06 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
Just once I'd like to read a post from you that doesn't bag the club.... Just once.

Perhaps some reading lessons might be in order then? "Collingwood" is NOT a few guys in suits who make bad decisions. "Collingwood" is a hundred & twenty five year old concept which lives in the minds of the millions who have loved & supported it for all that time. I am disagreeing with a few decisions officials have made in the past. There are very few things I hold more dearly than Collingwood. Every person who knows me, if asked to describe me in a few words, will include "Collingwood Nut". It has been one of the great loves of my life for 50 years, and I believe I have earned the right to agree or disagree with the decisions of paid employees. One thing you won't see - go back over ten years of posts here - is the bashing of Collingwood players, who I believe have always been the beating heart of Collingwood, which is such a beloved pastime of far too many people here.

The overwhelming import of my post was the importance of bringing the Daicos name back to the club, with a sentence ar the end questioning what seems to be a policy, and one I frankly don't understand.
To comment solely on those few words exposes your desire to cause argument and division. If you want that, go nuts.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:23 am

Be nice if they were half as talented as their old men.

One thing the old men didn't have to deal with was the burden of expectation, before even pulling a jumper on!

Clearly supporters are already getting ahead of themselves.

Who'd wanna be a son of a gun? Good luck!

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:13 am

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:

Clearly supporters are already getting ahead of themselves.

Brown looks like his old man and Daicos looks like Ezra Bridger. They'll both be stars. Cool

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:11 pm

ronrat wrote:
35forever wrote:

Twomeys, Pannams, Richards, Roses, Coventrys, Shaws to name a few would suggest this is baloney.

I suppose one could argue Heath Shaw was better than Reece, and Anthony was a better get than Sav Rocca?

35forever 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Christ Ronrat! That was my point!
We have had probably better luck with brothers than anyone - in the old days!
The Coventrys, Shaws, Roses, Richardsons were so great for us, but since the '90s they won't cop it! If we get someone's brother, the original gets dumped!
Jason & Cam Cloke for e.g. it happens often enough to seem like policy. So why? What's the problem? What are they basing it on? There's been lots of chances to get talented brothers/cousins etc but no go. Anyone know why? A theory even?
Coz I don't wanna see a situation where theres 2 brilliant Daicos kids and we lose 1 to Richmond! Daicos need to be a Collingwood name, always! Like Coventry, Shaw, Rose, (yes, I know theres been players at other clubs), but great families are a huge part of the tradition of our game, of a team of guys from an area. I know it doesn’t happen anymore, but it’s a link, and it's pretty ingenuous to cite "tradition" as the reason why Josh can't have 35, and 42 can't take it's place as a living part of the Collingwood story, an ongoing part of our culture & an extra inspiration for that one kid each year to feel instantly part of something bigger. The game is changing, Americanising, way too quickly and most of it is simply about money, ratings & Ads, is that all our game is to you? It is to the pricks in suits at the clubs & the AFL. The bigger the game, the higher the numbers talked about, the more those pricks get paid. What we end up with is the nauseating spectacle of American sport with marching bands & fireworks and sheer bloody superficiality. I hate the way the games administrators seem to care about nothing except revenue, creating fake rivalries simply to falsify "blockbusters", to artificially boost crowds.
More than this I despise the way the AFL, especially under Pigboy Demetriou, has used Collingwoods money, membership & drawing power to help the rest of the AFL and gives us less than nothing in return. Every time a rule or circumstance of the game seems to benefit us they change that rule instantly. Interchange caps, Father/Son rules, If we start winning games by using the drop-kick (still legal) how long do you think it would take them to ban it?
This year they've named 20+ "blockbusters", none of which feature Collingwood. The whole concept is a result of huge crowds at our Carlton/Essendon games, now every close game engenders a rivalry! Gold Coast v West Coast? Are you kidding?
So who's fighting for us? Eddie is too busy with girls football & squiring whichever Celebrity is in town. Makes me nauseous!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 30 of 40   

Jump to: