Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#32 Will Hoskin-Elliott

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it will be McStay.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:31 pm

Jezza wrote:
Unfortunately it will be McStay.

I know why you said this. McStay's arrival was not greeted with wholehearted satisfaction here. There were several who were not impressed. This means, as you suggest, that McStay will have to perform at a higher standard than would normally be required to avoid the title of "whipping boy". However, I am feeling that he will do OK, with Fly's game plan, and the fact that he will have Checkers as well in F50.
The fact that we have been after him for quite some time suggests to me that Leppa and Fly have seen a role for him that we on the outside have not yet been able to fully discern.
Besides, he has a really nice face, and he refused to get tattoos from his Dad. Says alot about his character. Don't mean to denigrate tattoos. I am just saying that he had the strength to forge his independent path.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:13 am

A really nice face and doesn't have tattoos??? That's it, no need to get a kick for me Razz

I think he'll be a good fit, regardless

Besides, I hear he's a folder, not a scruncher and rings his mum twice a day

First To Twenty Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:08 am

McStay. 3 goals a game or else
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:54 am

I reckon McStay will be an excellent addition and I’ll be his defender here, at least until he has had time to settle into the team and learn the game plans. I like being oppositional if I think that any comments on him are totally unfair or undeserved. My early call is that he will prove to be a much valued player in a key position either front or back.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:35 pm

The player I like to refer to as 'the ghost' given you rarely see him, but when he does appear can startle, is WHE.
Over his 129 CFC games and 181 overall, he's on target to crack 200 senior games during season '23. Chumps don't get to 200 games, let alone 181.
As it stands, I see WHE as a good average footballer, but on his day can do the mecurial.

I get the impression as one of our more erudite posters pointed out, WHE may well have been played out of position for much of his career, and offers greater versatility than just as a HFF.
If training track watchers are correct, WHE has been observed switching from the offensive side of the ground to the defensive side, as a HBF distributor / link man, perhaps in the mould of Pendles mk2.

What I do like about this is the coach challenging and also giving players opportunity to evolve their game.
Macrae has made it clear he likes fast, rebound football and defensive accountability. The likes of Crisp, Jaicos, Naicos and Lipinksi have been prime examples of this, with their ball carrying meters gained having proved impactful over the course on season '22.

The Stats
He's not a hugely efficent kick, running at 57.1%.
Marks, he's at the upper end averaging 4.08 per game.
Tackles he averages 2.13 per game.
Meters gained is 234.33m per game. As a HFF it's serviceable (J.Crisp 459.16m, JAicos 414.28m, Naicos 408.20m, JDG 408.20m)
m=
Where do Nicksters see WHE's best opportunity to extend his career?
Can he make an impact / elevate his game if shifted to the HBF / Wing?
Which player / players are set to go past him?

Will Hoskin-Elliot 2022 AFL Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR63Kt9wbug&ab_channel=BoyOhBoyWowee

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 7:07 am

The ghost tends to be a bit of a whipping boy on Nicks, but with efforts like these he'll keep getting selected.

Watch this selfless play from WHE, whose gut running resulted in both a crucial spoil and match-winning inside 50.

Incredible awareness and understanding of what the team needed in the dying moments, followed by selfless running to help secure the victory

Source:
https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/1653271885797527552?t=-7I2jV2IcIsDd8ASFgffog&s=19

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 8:16 am

Correct weight Laurie. Cool
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 9:17 am

LaurieHolden wrote:
The ghost tends to be a bit of a whipping boy on Nicks, but with efforts like these he'll keep getting selected.

Watch this selfless play from WHE, whose gut running resulted in both a crucial spoil and match-winning inside 50.

Incredible awareness and understanding of what the team needed in the dying moments, followed by selfless running to help secure the victory

Source:
https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/1653271885797527552?t=-7I2jV2IcIsDd8ASFgffog&s=19

Gets roasted by certain fans every week. Gets picked by the coach every week. That is why.
VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 1:51 pm

The kick to sidebottom was a ripper.
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 5:26 am

Sublime to watch. It unfolded like in a dream. That switch of play across the ground was the killer for them.

Laurie that footage of WHE prior gut running & crucial link up says it all about this bloke. Thanks for posting that.

As it's been said, no wonder the coach picks him every week, despite him not being the 'ball magnet' type.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 7:32 am

He's our version of Fritsch or Gunston, so shouldn't be pigeonholed in just one position. His ability, and as a natural footballer is showing through, giving us a player with true versatility.
A number of our players have been adapting under our new coaching team, he too is starting to flourish with a fresh appreciation of the roles he can play.
While he might not have reached the heights reflective of his #4 draft pick, he's certainly justified in holding his spot in this dynamic and evolving side.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 8:34 am

Could be one of our most versatile players. Has popped up just about everywhere except the centre circle. The clip that was posted also doesn’t show the run down tackle which yielded an important goal to us too when they were hard to come by.

He’s an above average role player in my book - and you need those. Suspect we could continue to see him on the wing once Sidey retired and until one of the younger crop can consolidate that position (Kelly?). If Elliott is truly closer to the end because of some degenerative condition, maybe WHE gets to spend more time as a high half forward as well. He’s a good kick for goal, has a massive tank and can take the odd screamer.

He’s actually changed the way I watch footy because it’s made me realise that clubs need (and will continue to pick) guys who do things that I’m not aware of and can’t obviously see.

He also seems thoroughly normal too. Think he has a mint condition Ford XF Falcon and was doing a chippy apprenticeship. No fresh hair style or tattoos and grew up in the Western Suburbs I think. Actually one of my favourites for all these reasons.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 9:41 am

His three efforts in last quarter went a long way to our win

One —tackle and goal
Two—spoil a mark to create a boundary clearance
Three—created space to receive and put the ball where only Sidey & not his opponent could mark it

Things that win match,s

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 4:02 pm

BazBoy wrote:
His three efforts in last quarter went a long way to our win

One —tackle and goal
Two—spoil a mark to create a boundary clearance
Three—created space to receive and put the ball where only Sidey & not his opponent could mark it

Things that win match,s

Nailed it. Stepped up and played his role when required. Thanks Hoss.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 29 of 34   

Jump to: