Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Australian Federal Election 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me, none of that crappy horrible election stuff for me. Saturday my time I'll be driving from Mechanicsberg speedway to New York, via the Rocky Steps in Philly, Saturday your time I'll be having breaky on the harbour before going to the Intrepid sea air and space museum (inc a stealth bomber! Tick!) then taking a leisurely cruise around the Statue of Liberty. Might hit Times Square after that, or do some shopping at Macy's or Victoria Secret! Bliss!
Rv at election time is worse than on Christmas Day! At least you can watch old black and white movies!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:33 am

think positive wrote:
Not me, none of that crappy horrible election stuff for me. Saturday my time I'll be driving from Mechanicsberg speedway to New York, via the Rocky Steps in Philly, Saturday your time I'll be having breaky on the harbour before going to the Intrepid sea air and space museum (inc a stealth bomber! Tick!) then taking a leisurely cruise around the Statue of Liberty. Might hit Times Square after that, or do some shopping at Macy's or Victoria Secret! Bliss!
Rv at election time is worse than on Christmas Day! At least you can watch old black and white movies!
Only 11 more days of this election dribble. Then we can get on with bitching about the Government for another term.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:21 am

Culprit wrote:
think positive wrote:
Only 11 more days of this election dribble. Then we can get on with bitching about the Government for another term.

6 days 23 hrs and 6 min and I'm outta here!not that I'm counting!

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:04 pm

In the usually boringly safe seat of Higgins, the Liberals are having to make election promises as they are getting jittery about the threat to Kelly O'Dwyer. Some of my friends are almost beside themselves at the mere thought that their local member may be someone other than a blue blood Liberal. LOL.

Have to send of my postal vote. We are flying back from Sunshine Coast on election day. Had a look at the Senate paper. FMD, I have never heard of most the Parties and you have to choose 6. The 18 year old gets to vote for the first time, not that he has any idea and is not that interested. Said he might vote for the Pirate Party just for the hell of it.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:55 pm

Great to hear Labour giving us a Proper NBN and not the Out-Dated Crap the Liberal are putting in
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:27 pm

The latest Liberal "War against..." ad just made me not vote Liberal. A horrible campaign which basically says the Libs' only redeeming attribute is that they are currently in Government.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:38 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
The latest Liberal "War against..." ad just made me not vote Liberal. A horrible campaign which basically says the Libs' only redeeming attribute is that they are currently in Government.

and Have a Big Lead in Government at the Moment is what they are getting Cocky About

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:05 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Ah the "Fake Tradie" advert. Hilarious.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:11 pm

"Not so fake" after all! Laughing

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2016/federal-election-2016-fake-tradie-andrew-macrae-says-hes-the-real-deal-20160621-gpo7tz.html

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/06/21/11/46/not-so-fake-tradies-identity-revealed-as-unions-strike-back

Last edited by Jezza on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:13 pm

Really you don't think so?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:46 pm

Another day, another election candidate expose

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-21/liberal-candidate-ben-willis-in-facebook-comments-gotcha/7531036

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:08 am

I tell my kids all the time, what you write can be screen shot, and could haunt you forever. My eldest closed her Facebook account, and doesn't tweet or anything. The younger doesn't post much, either.

I posted this in the Eddie thread, found it through big footy, it's down right terrifying,

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/magazine/how-one-stupid-tweet-ruined-justine-saccos-life.html?_r=2

Good link WPT and I followed another story but I'll find the appropriate thread! Cheers

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:38 am

watt price tully wrote:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-21/liberal-candidate-ben-willis-in-facebook-comments-gotcha/7531036

Yes, who would have thought that election candidates are imperfect human beings?

I'm getting mightily sick of this stuff.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:43 am

David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Yes, who would have thought that election candidates are imperfect human beings?

I'm getting mightily sick of this stuff.

Me too. But do you just ignore it? I think this ones a beat up. But if Pauline Hanson has racist crap all over her page, should you look at that? Is it fair game to publicise it?

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:25 am

With someone like Pauline Hanson, her publicly expressed views are already quite clear I can hardly imagine anything she might post on social media being worse! And look, if somebody writes something online that's at odds with what they're putting forward as a politician, then fair enough that they be asked about that. But what I have a real problem with is this policing of every single mildly rude or politically incorrect Twitter post or Facebook status update.

At the end of the day, this Liberal candidate's views on the term "Invasion Day" are the same as that held by most in his party that it's offensive and inappropriate (a view I don't share, needless to say). The only thing that makes this an issue is that he expressed it in an unpleasant and unpolished way on his personal social media account. That is not a scandal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 22 of 47   

Jump to: