Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#22 Steele Sidebottom

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwwwwwwwwww, I was hoping this is what this thread was going to be about!

Well done, qld. Very big of you. Smile

#SIDEBYSIDE
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:51 pm

Now that he's removed his dinky left foot 15-20m passes from his game, his brilliance is being realised more readily and weekly.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:01 am

And I reckon we've got a decent coach as well. Credit where credit's due. Cool
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:04 am

Decent coach, assistant coaches, game plan, recruiting over off season, player development and a very talented and tight squad. That’s if we are giving credit where it is due.
E 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:15 am

can we pleasae wait until we start playing games against teams who take us seriously and arent all banged up.

It was a good win (and importantly, the signs that Scharenberg, Aish, DeGoey, Stephenson, Brown, WHE and others are AS ADVERTISED), but crap sides catch good sides off their game ALL the time. And Adelaide had no engine (Crouch brothers out and Sloane on one leg).

Let's see how we build off this before we reverse three years of thinking. I think the Buckley critics were VERY VERY wrong about him. I don't thing we need to be annointing ourselves of anything just yet though. Its round 4.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:26 am

E wrote:
can we pleasae wait until we start playing games against teams who take us seriously and arent all banged up.

It was a good win (and importantly, the signs that Scharenberg, Aish, DeGoey, Stephenson, Brown, WHE and others are AS ADVERTISED), but crap sides catch good sides off their game ALL the time. And Adelaide had no engine (Crouch brothers out and Sloane on one leg).

Let's see how we build off this before we reverse three years of thinking. I think the Buckley critics were VERY VERY wrong about him. I don't thing we need to be annointing ourselves of anything just yet though. Its round 4.

😁 E, it’s okay!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:40 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Now that he's removed his dinky left foot 15-20m passes from his game, his brilliance is being realised more readily and weekly.

And they were backward kicks as well.

He has certainly lifted his game to a new level but I think part of that is also off the back of increased responsibilities and more time in the mid field.
We are actually now seeing that he has more strings to his bow rather than “ just “ a gut running quality outside mid.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:48 am

FMD guys - I’m Adelaide are half as as beat up as we aee. E - we had a great win, their pseudo injuries don’t match Eliot, Wells, Taylor, Moore et al. Don’t deminish this win with your preconceptions - Ben
E 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:50 am

We have to stop treating Wells and Elliot as temporary injuries. They are a bonus when they play but cant be considered an excuse for a loss.

Well may never play two games in a row ever again, and Elliot's back must be just about be considered career threatening.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:53 am

Why?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:57 am

E wrote:

Do you mean banged up like we were against the Giants when we lost both Broomhead and Moore before half time. Injuries are part of the game, you win some, you lose some.
Half of the results every week are usually decided on the back of who is or isn’t available. Tonight we got one back.

And FWIW, I still think we would have won if the Crouch brothers had played, it just would have been a fair bit closer.
E 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:01 am

Pies2016 wrote:
E wrote:

Do you mean banged up like we were against the Giants when we lost both Broomhead and Moore before half time. Injuries are part of the game, you win some, you lose some.
Half of the results every week are usually decided on the back of who is or isn’t available. Tonight we got one back.

And FWIW, I still think we would have won if the Crouch brothers had played, it just would have been a fair bit closer.

Not quite like the GWS game. We were banged up but I thought we played like winners that night (just ran out of gas and slightly outclassed in the end partly due to being banged up). By the way, in hindsight, maybe our being so competitive against GWS against the odds wasnt an outlier so much as a sign of things to come.

Adelaide on the other hand were both banged up AND listless. They were smashed in contested possessions and in all the running metrics. Unusual for Adelaide (compare it to their Richmond game for example). I suspect the Crows were not expecting the contest they got tonight. We might not get the luxury of complacency again from a top team who must surely now know what i knew last week and you are all learning tonight...

WE ARE COMING AND THERE IS NOT A DAMN THING ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!!!!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:57 am

E wrote:

Well said. I think dawn is finally breaking, but it’s still capable of clouding over. Adelaide were not at full strength (nor were we), and we need three or four on the trot to be sure the resurgence is real.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:51 am

E wrote:

C’mon man. We are in the top 9 (for a few more hours at least). Stop and smell the roses. Smile

Best four quarter consistent effort game I can remember for ages and we are seemingly building confidence in each other and fast break footy.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:33 am

If one of choppers posters goes through we would have been in the 8.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 21 of 77   

Jump to: