Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Hawks. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Hill, Jack Ginni,and Ash must come in, and keep Mcstay.

Who do you drop

Cox and

Lipper, WHE?

Drop Cox, Mitchell (rested) and Markov (unlucky) or Lipinski.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:24 pm

I think the easy and most obvious change is Frampton in for Cox – could be a straight swap as forward / second ruck, or Frampton can go back and Howe can play up forward.

After that it gets trickier. Hill presumably comes back in, so does Hoskin-Elliott go back to VFL and someone else from last week's starting 22 get the sub position? I'd like to bring Johnson back in too, but it's not clear whom for. Mihocek seems the most obvious answer given his recent form, but that'd be a bold call.

One player who's flying under the radar in some of these discussions is Taylor Adams. He only had 12 touches, 4 marks and 3 tackles on Friday night, and was in our bottom six (including the sub) on AF points. We have plenty of quality players in the middle, and I'm not sure he's offering us nearly as much at the moment as De Goey, Nick Daicos, Crisp and others. I don't think he should be getting a senior game on reputation alone.

Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:26 pm

David wrote:

One player who's flying under the radar in some of these discussions is Taylor Adams. He only had 12 touches, 4 marks and 3 tackles on Friday night, and was in our bottom six (including the sub) on AF points. We have plenty of quality players in the middle, and I'm not sure he's offering us nearly as much at the moment as De Goey, Nick Daicos, Crisp and others. I don't think he should be getting a senior game on reputation alone.
Adams has been one of our best players for the last month. He is not going anywhere
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:28 pm

Our link players Lipinski and Daicos didn't fire last week because we were smashed in contested ball 142/109 and clearances 41/31. (stoppage clearances 28/19)
Outside mid's can hardly fire / have meters gained if our inside mids aren't winning the ball.

As far as Taylor Adams goes, while he had a howler on disposal efficiency at 50%, he heads our goal assists and a lazy 79 tackles. Of concern is the last 2 matches this has been zero. Get him back on the half forward line, stat.
Mitchell has been quieter, but I want to see how he pulls up on the training track.
If he is indeed weary, increase his rotations rather than rest him.
Naicos also had a howler on disposal efficency at 53.6%. Suspect we won't see that this week.

If we're going to see a change in what was served up last week, look at the output of JDG (2 centre clearances, 3 stoppage clearances), Mitchell (2 centre clearances, 2 stoppage clearances), Naicos (3 centre clearances, 3 stoppage clearances) and also well down on meters gained, well below their season averages.

Adam Cerra (4 centre clearances, 2 stoppage clearances) 40% TOG and 446 meters gained.
Patrick Cripps (2 centre clearances, 5 stoppage clearances)

So if I'm coach, address the deficits and see how the players respond. Changing the personnel won't automatically reverse these trends.
Learn from the lesson and act accordingly.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:48 pm

Selection this week should be to set us up for finals
Play basically best 22 with the view to making only 1 or 2 changes for finals
So with that in mind

Cox out hasn’t enough to hold a spot down
Frampton in add more versatility can play either end and ruck

Mitchell out for a week he looks injured needs a break to be fresh for finals
McInnnes in deserves a spot to impress before finals (Adams back to full time mid)

Lipinski or Sidey out both too one paced and disposal from both has been very ordinary. Both haven’t been sticking tackles either. Our game plan demands pace and pressure and completed tackles
In Hill his speed and field kicking into 50 was sadly missed

McCreery needs to lift as well he could be anything with his pace and being hard at it. Maybe some time on the ball would help his confidence getting his hands on it more plus would add to our pressure game

Backline needs a reset we need to be able to play man on man much better and not press as high and hard up when we don’t have the ball we get to exposed too often

Maybe also switch McStay back to backline and bring in Johnson who gives us some more X factor forward
Moore McStay Howe Maynard IQ all better than average kicks as well. We can’t be butchering the ball coming out of defence
Bench Murphy too slow and too easily beaten in 1 on 1 contests (3rd worst in AFL this year)
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:54 pm

Out Cox omitted
Lipinski omitted

In McInnes
Carmicheal
Frampton

Time to rotate some players.

Also think its time McCreery to play in the vfl for 2 weeks say.

Howe as half forward and i am liking it keep him there.

Frampton back why the hell was he dropped in the Blues game and he slots back in at full back.

Cameron and Begg doing the ruck duties.

Time to play vfl players finally.

Play smart and better this time and win.

Tipping Pies to win no less then 27 points.

Must a tone from the Carlton game that was a shumozzle.

Time to click into gear.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:57 pm

Anyone think Kruger is a chance to play v hawks mcg.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:59 pm

90 nice wrote:

Maybe only Kreuger.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:45 pm

Hes in good touch Kruger.

Johnson as well but i feel just another vfl game just to be sure.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:50 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
90 nice wrote:

Maybe only Kreuger.

Certainly not some of the posters in this thread. I swear some of them have been on the sauce.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:26 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:
90 nice wrote:

Maybe only Kreuger.

Certainly not some of the posters in this thread. I swear some of them have been on the sauce.

A couple of us Magpie mates had a coffee catch up today (definitely minus the sauce 🍝 ) and Kreuger’s name came up as a long shot to be selected this week. Ultimately we thought it unlikely but funnier things have happened.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:30 pm

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
David wrote:

Adams has been one of our best players for the last month. He is not going anywhere

I agree. I've never had much interest in Adams as a mid - he's way too fumbly for my liking, for all his other admirable qualities - but his work in the forward line has been tremendous. He had a shocker against Carlton (with a bunch of his mates) but it was his 201st game - and he was plainly overwhelmed by reaching 200 the previous week, so this was probably just a let-down response.

Despite his disposal numbers being down because of the role he is playing, I think this has been his most valuable season in the black and white. 12 goals and 20 goal assists (best for Collingwood in 2023 - Elliott is second with 16) - pretty good, really and his kicking to targets in the forward line (which was always execrable when he ran out of the midfield) has been generally excellent (which I was not expecting to see at all).
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:48 pm

Kreuger should take a handful of painkillers before a game lol.

Every single contest he is in, comes out looking like he has just wrested a Rhinoceros.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:01 pm

90 nice wrote:

More chance winning a gold Logie than playing this weekend........ wait a minute!!

choppa 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:34 pm

Fly said today in the press conference that Bobby Hill will play this week Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: