Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why cant i get enthused for this season?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Born to Pie wrote:
1. Injury - most lists have a capable first 22, but depth beyond that is what makes the better sides. So you either have luck with injury or you have depth. We are due for some luck on this front, and we know from last year we have the depth and are confident that we can cover injuries.

No club has depth --- at least not enough to cover the carnage that all contenders except the Tiggers had last year.

We still don't know how much our injuries have been due to bad luck.

Skids wrote:
#Flagpies2019....

Would you bet on that?

Last edited by K on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:34 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
PNC, after reading your posts for years it seems to me that you are only happy when you are miserable and as the pre-season seems to be going Ok there is nothing to be miserable about.

OH really, may I remind u mate, that two yrs ago when nearly everybody on Nicks was calling for Bucks to be sacked, I was one of the only ones here who constantly defended him, time and again. ?? I was never negative about bucks, I knew he would come good as a coach, and he did. You have a hide saying im only happy when im miserable bout the teams performance, im far from pessimistic each game, if u want to see miserable types, go on the match thread during the game, so many give up on us early in the game, then if we win, they come trolling back, happy again. If u had seen us lose eleven grand finals, five by less than one friggin goal, I wonder how positive u would be, thsts 11 losses for only 2 wins, how the hell would u feel, then, hey. Surprised Confused

I never mentioned the teams' performance. What I was thinking of was your "the sky is falling in" attitude every time there is an injury or an umpire pays a controversial decision against us. I don't know whether you realise it or not, but that's the way you come across to me, and probably to others as well.

I have only seen 10 losing GF's so I will just have to rely on your word that no.11 is the one that kills the positivity. At the moment though I am feeling really buoyant and looking forward to this season more than I have for any season since 2011.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:43 pm

We've been cursed ever since the second half of 1970 and even our last 2 Premierships took us an extra finals game to achieve.

Nothing comes easy at Collingwood.

Last year we had a hard fought opportunity to win an unlikely flag, to get one back on all the Collingwood hating bastards and it all looked likely when we kicked the first 5 goals of the game.

And then the inevitable.

I can only hope now that it was the start of something truly special to come from this group and the pain of that loss will be erased by a Premiership this season and/or next because right now that loss is still gnawing away at me.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:45 pm

swoop42 wrote:
We've been cursed ever since the second half of 1970 and even our last 2 Premierships took us an extra finals game to achieve.

Nothing comes easy at Collingwood.

Last year we had a hard fought opportunity to win an unlikely flag, to get one back on all the Collingwood hating bastards and it all looked likely when we kicked the first 5 goals of the game.

And then the inevitable.

I can only hope now that it was the start of something truly special to come from this group and the pain of that loss will be erased by a Premiership this season and/or next because right now that loss is still gnawing away at me.

your best post of the year!!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:52 pm

K wrote:
Who ate the 6th?

I did the next day

Had the snags in lettuce, with salady bits (organic beef grass fed)

Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:07 pm

K wrote:
No club has depth --- at least not enough to cover the carnage that all contenders except the Tiggers had last year.

We still don't know how much our injuries have been due to bad luck.

We have depth, we showed it last year, and a lot of injuries is just what happens, but a team with no injuries in a contact sport is lucky no doubt about it.

slangman 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:17 pm

I totally hear you PNC.

The GF loss last year has been very difficult to take and has knocked the wind out of a few supporters i know.

The positive is that we have a bloody good team that has the capability to challenge for the premiership.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:12 pm

watt price tully wrote:
K wrote:
Who ate the 6th?

I did the next day

Had the snags in lettuce, with salady bits (organic beef grass fed)

Cos or Iceberg?

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:31 pm

Some of you people should rewatch the prelim. If that doesn't get you fired up you need to check your pulse

St. Kilda supporters would sell their kids to have gone 2-11 since 1970

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:39 pm

[quote="Piesnchess"]
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
PNC, after reading your posts for years it seems to me that you are only happy when you are miserable and as the pre-season seems to be going Ok there is nothing to be miserable about.

I have to disagree...PnC has been one of the most optimistic people on this board.

The OP show true pain. Something that 12 GF losses will do and something that only a small number of people...all Collingwood supporters know.

No other supporter could know this pain....and they never will.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:55 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Something that 12 GF losses will do and something that only a small number of people...all Collingwood supporters know. No other supporter could know this pain....and they never will.

Jeez excuse me while I get my violin out

K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:57 pm

W. Carey: "Those question marks mean I’ve got West Coast, Adelaide, Richmond and Melbourne - despite the Demons also having a tougher draw - finishing above the Magpies on the ladder."
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:20 pm

I feel the same as the poster. I got excited in 64 with Gabbo went to 70 as a 16 year old; attended every GF except 90 and 2010 (went to the draw) and last year. At half time last year I had a sinking feeling. When that prick kicked that last goal I shut TV and took the dog for a long walk. I am close to now only watching replays that we win. I know others in the same position. I let my MCG membership go because I don't need the gutsache again.
Still B & W forever. Whatever that entails.
PS: my 28 yo son who watched 90 (before he was born) cassette more than anybody now works professionally at $$%^%%$ Carlton and we don't even talk footy anymore. I despise them more than before which I never imagined possible. Hope this year eases the pain but last year's result was gut wrenching for all the above reasons.

K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:31 pm

Kill for Collingwood wrote:
PS: my 28 yo son who watched 90 (before he was born) cassette more than anybody now works professionally at $�$%^%%$ Carlton and we don't even talk footy anymore. ...

In what capacity? How did that happen?
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:33 pm

Deputy sports scientist
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: