Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I love Sam Murray.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We're forgetting that footballers are human beings. Maynard has been a bit slow off the mark this season but he will come good. What you see with Murray is what you get; he is three games into a football career and some of his runs are a work in progress. Each game is a learning experience for Murray but you would be mistaken for thinking that his best isn't to come.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:12 am

Yep. Maynard has had a real slow start to the year. I'm hoping his pre-season was ok and he's just taking some time to get into it.

Maynard, Murray, Crisp down back. I reckon the rebound thing is pretty much taken care of - though I would have them on kicking drills for the next year solid. You'd want none of them kicking for your life at the moment. Howe, Shaz and Dunn though... nice. Langers has good days too, in spite of what QLD57 says.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:35 pm

Sam gets the Rising Star nomination for this week.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:32 pm

WE ALL LOVE SAM MURRAY!
foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:53 pm

Finally, someone to celebrate and get excited about ... woohoo
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:48 am

The pace he provides from defence is invaluable.

Been a great recruit for the club.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:57 pm

Gotta keep this thread going. He was great again today and I'm in awe at how quickly he's found his feet at AFL level.

The last player who's surprised as much as this was Crisp (and probably Langdon before him), but Murray has been even more impressive. He's barely put a foot wrong and is now a crucial part of our side, to the point that I'd be worried how we'd replace him if he went down.

His dash was a given, but I completely expected him to lack composure, defensive ability and to make plenty of mistakes as a young, attacking player. So far, there's been very few of these negatives. He's playing like a 100 game, quality rebounding defender.

The highlight from today was his spoiling effort when caught one out against both Daniher and Stewart. Poor play by the Bombers not to take advantage, but a brilliant defensive effort from Sam.

Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:07 pm

We got a bargain with this trade and with us in the eight and Sydney struggling (Buddy injured), that trade is looking better by the week.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:18 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
We're forgetting that footballers are human beings. Maynard has been a bit slow off the mark this season but he will come good. What you see with Murray is what you get; he is three games into a football career and some of his runs are a work in progress. Each game is a learning experience for Murray but you would be mistaken for thinking that his best isn't to come.

Maynard had a really really good game yesterday. He laid some bruising tackles, was a terrific link man and provided stout defence.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:17 am

He's only played 5 games in his career and he's already settled into our team beautifully.

The way he breaks the lines is unreal. I was surprised we didn't look at Saad during the trade period last year, but clearly the club had its eye on Murray and thought he was a better option.

Seems that Hine and Co have been vindicated.

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:10 pm

can anyone find the old thread when he was first recruited? I was one of the few supporting it Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: