Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie didn't look too happy after the game

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lone Ranger wrote:
We had 1 year where injuries clearly impacted ... that's it.
Was there an increase in Ws after that year ... No.

That's not right but, out of interest, what year are you referencing?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:28 pm

^IT was more than one season,it was ongoing into three, we never got an even break on that front, and I recall it all very clearly too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:35 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I don't give a toss whether Bucks should have been made coach 6 years ago, or whether he was a good coach in previous years. History is history. What I'm interested in is whether he is a good coach now. On the evidence, given the talent at his disposal, he has proven unquestionably this year that he is a good coach. We have the lowest average losing margin of any team. We have been very competitive every phucking week, and only once did we get beaten by 6 goals. Furthermore, the team has clearly demonstrated that they are emotionally invested with Bucks, and they have given their all throughout the season. I firmly believe we only need one of two quality KPPs, and we will be in the finals next year. Finally, there has been nothing this year, which demonstrates that Bucks is a dud coach. To the contrary. He has coached magnificently, with diminished list and one hamstrung by some questionable drafting/trades.

Smile Perfectly agree Rudeboy. It sums up the now! There has been an evolution of the side. Players are improving in the back end of the season, Cox, WHE, Without going into details a quality KPP in the forward line will help convert our superior inside 50 count and will make the game plan look a lot better. With Maynard playing in the midfield on the weekend I was a much needed solution and you hope it will be more permanent fixture for the physicality he adds. I am sorry we are going to lose maybe the coach, but a lot of assistant coaches especially Burns who really are just scape goats to make the club look as they are doing something about our plight. The real problem is that a side without ready made super starts and young players can take more time to develop. I was in disbelief how that young Daicos can bring back some emotions in a footy supporter!
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:57 pm

Mossi wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I don't give a toss whether Bucks should have been made coach 6 years ago, or whether he was a good coach in previous years. History is history. What I'm interested in is whether he is a good coach now. On the evidence, given the talent at his disposal, he has proven unquestionably this year that he is a good coach. We have the lowest average losing margin of any team. We have been very competitive every phucking week, and only once did we get beaten by 6 goals. Furthermore, the team has clearly demonstrated that they are emotionally invested with Bucks, and they have given their all throughout the season. I firmly believe we only need one of two quality KPPs, and we will be in the finals next year. Finally, there has been nothing this year, which demonstrates that Bucks is a dud coach. To the contrary. He has coached magnificently, with diminished list and one hamstrung by some questionable drafting/trades.

Smile Perfectly agree Rudeboy. It sums up the now! There has been an evolution of the side. Players are improving in the back end of the season, Cox, WHE, Without going into details a quality KPP in the forward line will help convert our superior inside 50 count and will make the game plan look a lot better. With Maynard playing in the midfield on the weekend I was a much needed solution and you hope it will be more permanent fixture for the physicality he adds. I am sorry we are going to lose maybe the coach, but a lot of assistant coaches especially Burns who really are just scape goats to make the club look as they are doing something about our plight. The real problem is that a side without ready made super starts and young players can take more time to develop. I was in disbelief how that young Daicos can bring back some emotions in a footy supporter!

The half full stands and missing the finals for the 4th straight year, the club has no choice but to change things.
Plenty of people who sit up on level 2 ponny have dropped off. People who for the last 10 years were week in week out guarantees. They are not happy with the direction and game style and I cannot disagree with them.
I still went every week this year but boy, couple of times I really had to drag myself to go.
Hopefully things change next year.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:06 pm

So if injuries were the reason for 3 crap seasons, what is the excuse this year dropping to yet another low?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:21 pm

^^Not sure what you're asking. Do you want to know why we were better this year than last?
daicos35 Leo

Is é an Phríomhroinn linne

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:24 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Nathan Buckley's 2017 season as coach has put our club on a threshold that reminds me of the situation at Gold Coast when Bluey was removed for Rocket. Rudeboy's post sums up my feeling this week. Gunna be a big headline either way when we find out the club's call.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:27 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Not sure what you're asking. Do you want to know why we were better this year than last?

Finished 13th, lowest point yet in Buckleys time. Keep going further and further down the ladder
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:48 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Finished 13th, lowest point yet in Buckleys time. Keep going further and further down the ladder

True we finished lower than last year, but 9.5 wins is better than 9 wins and this is coming from someone who has had reservations about the senior coach.

We also had a better percentage and were undeniably more competitive this year than last year with our largest losing margin being 37 points. It just means we've had too many honourable losses though.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:05 pm

^^ One of the best backlines in the league, in fact, we were not belted once by any team.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:08 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
^^ One of the best backlines in the league, in fact, we were not belted once by any team.

In terms of 'points against', we were ranked 10th for the home and away season.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:00 am

Jezza wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

True we finished lower than last year, but 9.5 wins is better than 9 wins and this is coming from someone who has had reservations about the senior coach.

We also had a better percentage and were undeniably more competitive this year than last year with our largest losing margin being 37 points. It just means we've had too many honourable losses though.

Or it could simply be that that extra half a game is because the bottom 5 are so bad, that everyone had extra wins this year so its not really an improvement. Mind you we lost to one of those shocking bottom 5 sides...

Honourable losses will hopefully die with Buckleys career, remember when everyone was excited about only just losing to the reigning premiers this year? Where did they finish?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: