Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cloke ...again?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:43 pm
Post subject: Re: Cloke ...again?Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
Skids wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
orie wrote:
Does this mean he is GONE?

What it means is that Nathan Buckley is not in the business of picking the best 22 available, and evidence of picking his favourites.

Further evidence that he can not get the best out of many of our senior players.

Further evidence that Buckley should be shown the door.

Can't agree with that. Whatever one thinks of Buckley as a coach, Cloke is sadly out of form and not deserving of selection. Selectors are mixing it up in the forward line trying to find something that works ... we'll see how it goes Friday, but on the face of it our forward line doesn't look bad - Oxley did well in VFL up forward, Moore is coming back from being injured in his best game (45 mins) for the club and White has been our best and most consistent forward this year.

Am I correct in recalling Oxley was a forward at Redlands?

So Oxley is a better forward than Cloke?

Are you serious!!!!!!!

On current form, yes by a considerable margin.

So Oxley has kicked a few hundred goals has he?
We know Cloke isn't doing that well.
But you don't slide so far so quickly without some external issues.
And i reckon most but not all is the issue of Bux.

Of course you do Rolling Eyes nothing to do with the fact that he couldn't hit the side of a barn from 20m out and totally demoralises the team every time he does so??? nah blame bux you dipshit spud.

Do you ever watch a football game with your eyes wide open?
Cloke ... Leader in contested marks in Afl over a number of years.
Oxley... the light weight contested mark who often squibs a contest.
Yeah, Oxley is a champion!
Go take a cold shower please!

Rubbish! He DID clunk a very impressive 95 contested Marks in 2011, 2012 (with 73) and 2010 (with 66) were also impressive.... incidentally.... who was coach then?

He deserves to be dropped, he deserves to be delisted.... how many games do YOU watch? Doesn't matter??? It's bux fault??? did mummy not tuck you in one night?

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cmon Cloke has been playing like he's a bit disinterested or totally bereft of confidence. What happened to pride in your own performance? His old man was as unskilled as a dead cat but he made 200% out of what he had and had a very very respectable career.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:00 pm

Oh Mr skids
you don't see the forest for the trees!
How can a great player fall so quickly?
But Blair and White are better players week in week out
in comparison to Cloke.
As for mummy tucking me in!
I grew up tough in the country.
Mums never tucked us in!
The dog did it.
RIP king lab!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:16 pm

The fact that 4 clubs are allegedly pursuing him for 2017 with the Dogs the known one, is at least encouraging for his currency. Travis has been a very good player but he is a one trick pony now and that trick (marking) is looking obsolete.

A pick in the high 20's would be a great result!

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:18 pm

inxs88 wrote:
The fact that 4 clubs are allegedly pursuing him for 2017 with the Dogs the known one, is at least encouraging for his currency. Travis has been a very good player but he is a one trick pony now and that trick (marking) is looking obsolete.

If Eddie can convince the AFL to approve that velcro glove his value will go up ...

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Cam wrote:
Cmon Cloke has been playing like he's a bit disinterested or totally bereft of confidence. What happened to pride in your own performance? His old man was as unskilled as a dead cat but he made 200% out of what he had and had a very very respectable career.

This.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:06 pm

I'm left feeling that the issue with Cloke is he is not responding to the coach.

I think he has 2 - 3 years let of good footy in him. I think he is being played out of position as a deep forward and his work up the ground is good.

If we are still looking for the right forward combination after almost 5 years with the current coach, well maybe we should ask ourselves if the player is really the problem.

If Cloke goes to the Doggies Bevo will get the best of the rest of his career.

By the way, I agreed with most of our trading decision over the last 5 years - Shaw, Dawes, Harry, Beams out for Adams, Varcoe, Grundy, Crisp, De Gooey were all good moves.

But at what point do we question the coach?

1892_ 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:27 pm

Blokes get dropped all the time very few make headlines when it happens. Given how hot the media is to sink the boots in I can't help think it would be best for both Cloke and the club for him to get a fresh start.

We seen with Hird that the media didn't let up until he moved on and while you shouldn't make decisions based on the media I think we'd be better off without the distraction/sideshow.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:28 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
I'm left feeling that the issue with Cloke is he is not responding to the coach.

I think he has 2 - 3 years let of good footy in him. I think he is being played out of position as a deep forward and his work up the ground is good.

If we are still looking for the right forward combination after almost 5 years with the current coach, well maybe we should ask ourselves if the player is really the problem.

By the way, I agreed with most of our trading decision over the last 5 years - Shaw, Dawes, Harry, Beams out for Adams, Varcoe, Grundy, Crisp, De Gooey were all good moves.

At this point.
My blood is boiling! Seriously, it's bullshit. Good luck Trav you deserve far better.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:47 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

If Eddie can convince the AFL to approve that velcro glove his value will go up ...

If Cloke goes to the Dogs, I'm betting that glove ban will be lifted the next day.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:48 pm

If you saw the game last week...last quarter, when the game was on the line and everyone was throwing themselves at the contest, Trav had to nail a regulation tackle on the Pies' half-forward line. Instead he made a half-hearted attempt at the tackle and the Richmond player easily slipped through and resulted directly in a goal to Richmond. The game and also Trav's career at Collingwood finished right there.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:49 pm

think positive wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:

At this point.
My blood is boiling! Seriously, it's bullshit. Good luck Trav you deserve far better.

He hasn't actually gone anywhere yet. Don't trust the press, how many times was Trav gone, according to the press, when he was out of contract?
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:11 am

Cloke's career has gone the way of Corey McKernan or Ian Baker-Finch. Was great once but has now turned into a quivering bowl of green jelly.

MONCO: Your life.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:11 am
Post subject: Re: Cloke ...again?Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
orie wrote:
Does this mean he is GONE?

What it means is that Nathan Buckley is not in the business of picking the best 22 available, and evidence of picking his favourites.

Further evidence that he can not get the best out of many of our senior players.

Further evidence that Buckley should be shown the door.

Can't agree with that. Whatever one thinks of Buckley as a coach, Cloke is sadly out of form and not deserving of selection. Selectors are mixing it up in the forward line trying to find something that works ... we'll see how it goes Friday, but on the face of it our forward line doesn't look bad - Oxley did well in VFL up forward, Moore is coming back from being injured in his best game (45 mins) for the club and White has been our best and most consistent forward this year.

Am I correct in recalling Oxley was a forward at Redlands?

So Oxley is a better forward than Cloke?

Are you serious!!!!!!!

On current form, yes by a considerable margin.

So Oxley has kicked a few hundred goals has he?
We know Cloke isn't doing that well.
But you don't slide so far so quickly without some external issues.
And i reckon most but not all is the issue of Bux.

Well said
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:51 am

Yes let's continue to play Cloke who has been nothing short of ordinary all season. For mine he's been more worried about his dick pics and not hitting his markers to get all his cash for the 5th year than he has about his football.
Cloke is mentally weak has been all his career. Talented yes on his day a match winner but that was a while ago. In the past 18months he hasn't been consistent or impacting matches the way a player of such experience should.
His trade value wasn't going to improve by playing him this week.
Cox & Crocker our injured saved them most likely and Oxley comes in to add defensive pressure and see if he can play forward after good game in seconds.
Blair stays in just because we have no one else to bring in really.
White as second ruck picks himself with no Cox
If Richmond want him send him there take the best offer we can get maybe late 1st round or early to mid second round
Who knows what's going on behind closed doors at the club in regards to conversations with Cloke and coach and also what our trading strategy might be at seasons end.
Let's remember Gubby Allen is back in the fold and has been spending loads of time at Eddies side recently so we might be a surprise packet at the trade table (can we snare a GWS tall forewarn for some drafts picks gathered from Cloke Williams and some one else ?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12   

Jump to: