Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Caro's take.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? In the idiot way these things play out, that'd just be taken as confirmation that that which was denied had occurred.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:14 pm

Tezza23 wrote:
I'd be totally shocked if any coach was over-ruled by a recruiting manager.

Not sure if this has already happened but I would like the club to officially refute the claim that Buckley didn't want Aish

an example was provided about richmond and it was mentioned hardwick has input but not the final say.

Jez07 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:16 pm

It's quite common that recruiting managers are overruled by the coach. Wallace wanted to recruit Tambling but Miller wanted to draft Franklin. Numerous other examples too.

Another one is Ratten wanting Kane Lucas but the Recruiting Manager wanted Talia.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:24 pm

Wilson is a shock jock and little more. I don't disagree with all of what she has written in this article. Most of what she has said many on here have been debating about for awhile namely Buckley's lack of an apprenticeship and lack of experience at a club outside of Collingwood. I am not so sure on the Aish call, would like to see her evidence.

On two points she is right: Thus far it looks like we did over pay for Aish (maybe he is still finding his feet). And two first round picks for Treloar may also have been over his market value, (as i recall Judd was two picks plus a player).

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:33 pm

Two picks plus "a player". He he he.

Well, we certainly didn't give them Josh Kennedy, although I'm sure we would have liked to add him into the deal if we could.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:45 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Well, we certainly didn't give them Josh Kennedy, although I'm sure we would have liked to add him into the deal if we could.

could you imagine if we had the "stutter step" at the Pies.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:57 pm

derkd wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

could you imagine if we had the "stutter step" at the Pies.

In my dreams.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:30 pm

I wouldn't waste my time reading anything CW says about Eddie, Bucks or Collingwood. She has always hated Eddie and has used innuendo to try to cause unrest at Magpie land. The one thing she never does is turn the heat on her beloved Tigers.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:29 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I wouldn't waste my time reading anything CW says about Eddie, Bucks or Collingwood. She has always hated Eddie and has used innuendo to try to cause unrest at Magpie land. The one thing she never does is turn the heat on her beloved Tigers.

True rude. But unfortunately the likes of Jez07 and his mates are exactly the demographic she targets. People who get sucked in easily to thinking that we are in crisis. They don't have original thoughts. They think that we are in crisis cos Caro told them so. They then decide that there is no way out of the current situation (which is far from a crisis) unless the coach is sacked, without even thinking about it. They get lured to the mob mentality. They unwittingly feed the Caro beast to help her get her scalp.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:30 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

She has a bit lately, but true to form, returns back to Magpie innuendo, rumours, and bile quick smart. Its in her DNA, she loathes us with a passion, like that wayne carey prick. TV is just as bad, on news tonight it was all about the Pies in crisis,no other team mentioned, just us. I'm over it, we are still the most hated team around, and that's a fact, always have been, and always will be. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:43 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

For a
Norm Smith winner,
Premiership player,
2 x AA,
Brownlow medal winning,
2x MVP,
2 x WC BnF winner,
3x Ross Glendinning Medal winner and Captain of WC at just 23 years of age...

Treloar is and will be a star player but he isn't at Judds level yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: