Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Seedsman to Roos?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I thought Seedsman was overrated particularly in terms of his lack of defensive skills & wasted shots at goal.

I thought he corrected that this year. He succumbed to injury & needed injections - which affected his performance.

I thought he has more to offer as he matures. Like a lot of players he is not indispensable.

Shame. I suppose that's what trade is about: Gotta give to get.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:52 pm

With Young delisted it's is a calculated risk for us to trade Seedsman as we could do with more outside run that he offers at his best to add to our inside grunt.

I guess in time Maynard, Marsh and Scharenberg should fill the void.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:57 pm

swoop42 wrote:
With Young delisted it's is a calculated risk for us to trade Seedsman as we could do with more outside run that he offers at his best to add to our inside grunt.

I guess in time Maynard, Marsh and Scharenberg should fill the void.

And I guess they're still holding out hopes for what Freeman might bring.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:00 pm

Probably a victim of our abundance of half-back runners. Don't have many with Seedsman's pace and line-breaking ability, but even at his best he's been too soft and easily shutdown - a better fit for the Hawks' game plan than ours. Hopefully his departure means we'll be signing Aish or have someone else in mind.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:49 am

Good luck Seedy wish you the best
The trade is simple and easy and should be done without any fuss
Seedsman and our 3rd pick to Carlton for Cripps and there #1 pick
That should keep them where they belong for a few more years plus it gives us another KPP we want as back up
Get it done Hine there silly enough to to fall for it after all they took MM & Daisy off our hands
E 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:14 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Maybe very late. A bloke who struggled to play seniors for a club that finished 12th doesn't have a lot of value. Pick 35-45 at best. I'd have thought a third rounder more likely, it is supposedly a weak draft though.

well it is highly likely that the roos second round pick is in fact in the range of 32-36. I would think that makes sense.

E 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:26 am

swoop42 wrote:
If Scharenberg re-signs which seems likely I wonder whether he, Langdon and Oxley can play in the same side?

Why I can understand why we'd look to trade Seedsman his skill set at his best might be a better fit than that of Oxley going forward.

Seedsman has talent and while we wont get a lot for him the pick gained and the points they're worth might save us having to part with two first rounders for Treloar or make it easier to land another player.

He mightn't be the last we look to trade for a 2nd or 3rd rounder in order to package them up for something better.

We forever debate whether players are capable of playing in the same side and then we find that one of them gets injured or suffers a form slump.

Langdon is and by the start of next season Sharenberg will be automatic selections. Oxley is a really good footballer and he will either be in our best 22 or will be a more than handy depth player in those positions and in others. It feels like Oxley is more dependable than Seedsman (and for the same reason you don't want to give him up, another team might be prepared to give us a middle value asset like a second rounder for him).

E 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:32 am

Domesticated_Ape wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Maybe very late. A bloke who struggled to play seniors for a club that finished 12th doesn't have a lot of value. Pick 35-45 at best. I'd have thought a third rounder more likely, it is supposedly a weak draft though.

So Aish, who only played 11 games in the team that finished 17th with just 4 wins is worth maybe pick 97 or something? Razz

Not sure it works that way, Ink.

Aish and Seedsman are an interesting comparison. Aish is clearly worth more being a pick 7 from just two years ago, but imagine they were both just second or third rounders? On current exposed form, Seedy is way ahead. Sure he's 3 years older, but that's a positive because it means he's ready to play in 2016 where as Aish might still need some more development.

Of course original draft positions do matter and so Aish is worth more, but how much more? I'd argue that Seedy is at least worth 75% of what Aish is worth. Maybe that still only equates to pick 35-45 as you say. But if so, then Aish should only cost our second rounder, currently pick 27.

The other thing to consider is that apparently 3 clubs are now into Seedsman(Brisbane, North and Adelaide). That pushes his value up, slightly.

also remember that if GWS are trying to accumulate draft points so they can pick specific academy players, the quality of the draft is irrelevant. Actually, it might mean we can get higher draft picks for our players which will further enhance the value we can give GWS. In a weak draft, Seedsman might be worth pick 20 whereas in a strong draft, he might be pick 40. On the points system, pick 20 is much better than pick 40 (so if points are what you are after, this is a good fact). From reports, the reason to trade Treloar for GWS is so that they can get these academy players who they rate so highly so points is value to them.

burton 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:04 am

Seedo is still developing.
burton 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:07 am

Pa Marmo wrote:
Ch7 reporting he has asked to be traded.

Okay that changes things, bummer.
burton 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:08 am

swoop42 wrote:
Can't help but feel we've done a bit of a Lonie on him in trying to make him into something he isn't suited to.

I know it's hard to hide a player who isn't great defensively in today's game but plenty of midfielders or forwards aren't either yet find there place.

I would have liked Bucks to give him more opportunity on a wing or even across half forward and just let him off the leash offensively.

We are seemingly obsessed with making players into defensively minded half back flankers when a bit of attacking flair is greatly needed further afield.

Totally agree with this, Bucks = one track mind.[/b]
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:43 am

I posted during the season that Seedsman lacked finesse. His outside run and carry, long kicking and pace were attractive propositions but when in contested situations or in inferred pressure positions he made some serious "clangers".
These included kicking into the man on the mark with several actually becoming passes to that man! Additionally, his basic handball skills when pressured were deplorable. He doesn't have a game built for finals and the Anzac day performance was an outlier performance, in a game that wasn't finals esque in general play but was in occasion.

It's difficult to say goodbye to a Collingwood fanatic but we simply need Treloar and as said above "you need to give a bit to get a bit".

Think we shall subsequently on trade this 2nd rd selection from the Seedsman trade plus our pick 7 for Treloar. Should be more than fair and allow GWS to secure the necessary points for their Academy players.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:46 am

Damn shame he couldn't string it together, or the coach could not get him too. I remember some early games, he had Pendles like awareness and genuine natural skills. Don't know what went wrong, lost confidence? Going either way?

Shame, really had high hopes, hope we don't screw ourselves with this one.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:52 am

think positive wrote:
Damn shame he couldn't string it together, or the coach could not get him too. I remember some early games, he had Pendles like awareness and genuine natural skills. Don't know what went wrong, lost confidence? Going either way?

Shame, really had high hopes, hope we don't screw ourselves with this one.

Seeds will probably end up playing well for another club like Ceglar did but that's footy. Too many similar types at Collingwood. It is what it is.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:01 pm

The Roo, s eh!! Well AFL News has Adelaide Crows interested.
Patty Dangerfield -tell me I, m dreaming --yes I am but who do
Crows have that is looking for out and would fit our setup.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: