Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training Report: Tuesday 10th March

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

TimetoFly wrote:
We are very lucky to have you Neil! great work again

The injury to Keeffe seemes to be another collingwood 2 to 3 week hammy.. He may be out for awhile.

Do you think White will be ok for round 1 Neil? And how did Freeman train?

White looked pretty good all things considered. At one point he pointed to his right leg when talking to his trainer and then he ran off the field only to return 10 minutes later. Wondered at the time if he's gone off for a jab. He was pointing around the knee area - nowhere near his ankle.

Freeman is doing OK. I was tough on the kid during the Hawks game, but he'll be OK. At training I try to focus on a group of players and so inevitably a few don't get mentioned. Abbott's another who I didn't take a lot of notice of today. Also Crispy.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:58 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Thanks again Neil,
How did Gault, Witts & Abbott go?

Gault trained with the ruckmen and also did some work in the goal square as a defender. Witts is looking terrific and Abbott has been a little quiet. But as we were leaving today the ball came to Abbott on the club wing. He gathered and then passed a rocket across the centre to Pendles. It was a low, raking, powerful pass. One little thing like that gets me excited. I think this boy has a lot of talent. He's a bit behind the others after a late start and a pretty severe ankle injury, but he's building. Can't wait to see him in the VFL this year.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:33 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Thanks again Neil,

Gault trained with the ruckmen and also did some work in the goal square as a defender. Witts is looking terrific and Abbott has been a little quiet. But as we were leaving today the ball came to Abbott on the club wing. He gathered and then passed a rocket across the centre to Pendles. It was a low, raking, powerful pass. One little thing like that gets me excited. I think this boy has a lot of talent. He's a bit behind the others after a late start and a pretty severe ankle injury, but he's building. Can't wait to see him in the VFL this year.

Thanks again. I'm not expecting Abbott to make it this year. I thought he seemed like an investment so to speak. One for 2016. That kick is what we saw on the highlight package. makes me quite excited reading about him.

Personally, I reckon forget about White & focus on Gault & Witts as our new Fwd line / Ruck combo.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:37 pm

Consider it deleted.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:58 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Thanks again Neil,

Thanks again. I'm not expecting Abbott to make it this year. I thought he seemed like an investment so to speak. One for 2016. That kick is what we saw on the highlight package. makes me quite excited reading about him.

Personally, I reckon forget about White & focus on Gault & Witts as our new Fwd line / Ruck combo.

You'd assume Frost would be elevated to the last remaining senior berth and I can't recall any discussion about either Macaffer or Scharenberg being put on the LTI so Gault might not be available.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:01 pm

watt price tully wrote:

We were looking for another Leroy with White (and before him Lynch) but neither had that big, bustling get out of my way or I'll clobber you attack on the ball or Gaults youth and agility
Gault looked the goods last year (only 1 game admittedly)
I hope he finds his place in the forward-line and takes away some of "the triple teaming" heat Travis has had to cope with since Leroy left.

A big plus is his kicking for goal.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:39 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:

We noted that Marley Williams has been used as a midfield tagger of late. Now I didn't mention that before I don't think, but it is quite significant.

Very significant Neil! Must mean Bucks is looking to play all of Tooves, Langdon, and Sinkers and Ramsey and Mainard look as next in. I must admit, it's a solution I was looking forward to. With Caff out for most of the year we are really a looking at tough player to take that spot. Marley is just a great solution. He is tough quick and a real team man. I hope he showed a bit, still he needs to learn the role.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:55 pm

Mossi wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

We noted that Marley Williams has been used as a midfield tagger of late. Now I didn't mention that before I don't think, but it is quite significant.

Very significant Neil! Must mean Bucks is looking to play all of Tooves, Langdon, and Sinkers and Ramsey and Mainard look as next in. I must admit, it's a solution I was looking forward to. With Caff out for most of the year we are really a looking at tough player to take that spot. Marley is just a great solution. He is tough quick and a real team man. I hope he showed a bit, still he needs to learn the role.

Agree exposing Williams to the training is a good thing but still think he'll still spend more time in defense than on-ball this year.
The Starcevich Coterie 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:29 pm

Well played that man! Super report.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:22 pm

Thanks for the report Neil! Very Happy

Great to see plenty of positives at the moment in terms of training and the fitness of players.

Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:49 am

Onya Neil great stuff, done an awesome job all pre season with these reports much appreciated.
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:48 am

simon tonna wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
THANKS for the report Neil.
Q. does Ben Ken train with a mouth guard? i really
wish he did because one day i reckon the runners
might have to go look for that tongue of his.

Good question Simon. I noticed today that at least during the warm ups, most players do not wear mouth guards. I was watching DeGoey this morning and he definitely doesn't wear one and I wondered how many players risk their teeth this way. Next time I'll see how many go without guards.

its an unnecessary risk i suppose.

Some people find it hard to breath with one in. I know I used to when i tried one.

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:48 am

Great report as always Neil.
stats-hit 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:12 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
OK next week I'll take note of the following:
Mouthguard wearers
Broomhead
Abbott
Maynard
and anybody else people would like in the spotlight.

Thanks Neil another sublime report.Could keep an eye out for Karnezis and Crisp,both of these boys offer a lot in different ways.I know it was only a practice game but Karnezis' ability to use his body,in the pack, when jockeying for position to take the mark looked very special and Crisp's pace and tackling looks a grade,his tackle on Hartung in the 3Q being a case in point.With thanks.

dave_swan 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:47 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
OK next week I'll take note of the following:
Mouthguard wearers
Broomhead
Abbott
Maynard
and anybody else people would like in the spotlight.

Id like to hear what u think of Crisp and hear about his involvement...think his run and carry could be very useful through half back and wing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: