Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Nathan Freeman that good?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that Dane Swan's first game, and he looked a complete dud. And as for Pendlebury getting caught right in front of goal trying to evade a Geelong player in his first game in 2006... Don't get me started.

(It's a fair OP as you can only comment on what we see, but it's waaaay to early to say anything with confidence. I still have very high hopes for Shazza, too, once the bionic knee settles).

E 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:27 am

a really really good OP because as many positives as we got out of the Hawthorn game, my one observation to friends was that freeman didnt do anything to inspire confidence.

With that said, i couldnt agree more with others who have indicated that it doesnt mean anything given he's been out of the game for 12 months. You cant replicate game time. We just need to continue to wait and be patient. I am confident the cream will rise........ I have great faith in all of our 13 FIRST ROUNDERS

Pendles, Brown, Reid, Steele, Elliot
Kennedy, Broomhead, Grundy
Adams, Scharenberg, Freeman
Moore and De Goey

Karnezis and Varcoe might also have been first rounders and Cloke would have been?

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:42 am

I dont really see how you can start threads about a player who we have seen play barely two nab cup games.

www.facebook/the hybernators
MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:51 am

Mugwump wrote:
I saw that Dane Swan's first game, and he looked a complete dud. And as for Pendlebury getting caught right in front of goal trying to evade a Geelong player in his first game in 2006... Don't get me started.

(It's a fair OP as you can only comment on what we see, but it's waaaay to early to say anything with confidence. I still have very high hopes for Shazza, too, once the bionic knee settles).

Pendles first game was against the Lions in round 10 2006.
Was at the game - same game Caracella hurt his neck and had to retire.

He had an interrupted pre season with Glandular fever. Thats why he took so long to start.

In saying that he played several vfl games before he started.
Freeman hasnt played on senior game in afl/vfl in the reg season.
So far he has played 1 and a half pre-season games.

He will be fine. Have no concerns over Nathan.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:52 am

Not sure what this thread is all about.

I thought he was very good in the Hawks game and will only get better. He looks like a star in the making to me......but give him time ffs. Rolling Eyes
Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:31 am

E wrote:
a really really good OP because as many positives as we got out of the Hawthorn game, my one observation to friends was that freeman didnt do anything to inspire confidence.

With that said, i couldnt agree more with others who have indicated that it doesnt mean anything given he's been out of the game for 12 months. You cant replicate game time. We just need to continue to wait and be patient. I am confident the cream will rise........ I have great faith in all of our 13 FIRST ROUNDERS

Pendles, Brown, Reid, Steele, Elliot
Kennedy, Broomhead, Grundy
Adams, Scharenberg, Freeman
Moore and De Goey

Karnezis and Varcoe might also have been first rounders and Cloke would have been?

Varcoe was first round, and Karnezis was pick 25, but since it was a compromised draft, 25 was a first round pick that year too.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:32 pm

TimetoFly wrote:
I sure dont expect Freeman or Sharenberg to light up the game after a year out of football.

No one can expect that.

What I was after was just a little sign this kid has it. You know like when de goey broke away from mitchell & kicked to to gault.

Or when Ramsay ran at full pace took a bounce and hit fasolo on the chest.

Just a little sign to say yep that kid can play. I sure didnt expect him to be BOG or run a muck, he just needed to show me something & he didnt.

He also played the last quarter when the hawks were spent & with fresh legs he still didnt impress me.

Once again I hope I am wrong.. hopefully in NAB 2 he shows me something I can hang on to.

Well he got thru his 1st Game in Collingwood Jumper and that is a good start

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:45 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Pendles first game was against the Lions in round 10 2006.
Was at the game - same game Caracella hurt his neck and had to retire.

He had an interrupted pre season with Glandular fever. Thats why he took so long to start.

In saying that he played several vfl games before he started.
Freeman hasnt played on senior game in afl/vfl in the reg season.
So far he has played 1 and a half pre-season games.

He will be fine. Have no concerns over Nathan.

Didn’t Gearld Healy say on the Couch early in the 2006 Season saying that Pendles would be something Special?

Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:16 pm

hey gang, so Ive gone though the game again and have noted Freemans contribution. I don't belive he played in the first qtr so lets kick it off at the 2nd:
6:30-Brodie free kick on Wing/HF. Freeman handball receive, 40m kick to Fas inside 50 one on one
4:30-Center, handball receive from Adams, kicks to wing to Thomas advantage
2:45-WingThomas 20m kick, hangs it up long enough for Mitchell to contest, Freeman puts strong body contact on and takes the mark. Short 20m chip to Kennedy which is almost intercepted, leads to contest
HALF TIME
David King starts yapping on about Freeman. 'only had 3 disposals so far'. Only been on the ground 10 minutes. No cheeky bet on him for Rising Star Kingy you degenerate?!
3rd Qtr
15:30-Handball receive from Crisp, takes a few steps, takes the contact from two hawks and kicks 20m to Elliot on the Wing/HF who marks.
11:56-Varcoe smothered kick, Freeman gathers, draws player and handballs back to Varcoe who kicks long to Faz.
10:25-Half Back/Wing Short kick from Greenwood, Freeman marks and switches play across half back to Marley to start attack
3:00-this is the play that everyone thinks he kicks it back into the center resulting in a goal to Mitchell. Dwaye Russell calls it as Freeman but its actually Broomhead.
2:00-Half Forward, handball receive from white, dinks a 10m kick wide to Varcoe in space
1:18-Center, handball receive from Sinclair, draws player then handballs to Thomas in space.
4th Qtr
18:15-center, handball to Oxley under some pressure
8:30-short kick from Frost to 50m line, centering kick to Karnezis advantage, mark, goal.
7:00- center square, gathers loose ball, clearing kick to Half Forward
1:50- Half Back/Wwing, gathers loose ball, handball to Kennedy in space.

He played about 50% of the game. From this I cant really see how people would be disappointed with his game. Thought he played a pretty solid game for a kid.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Funkadelic wrote:
hey gang, so Ive gone though the game again and have noted Freemans contribution. I don't belive he played in the first qtr so lets kick it off at the 2nd:
6:30-Brodie free kick on Wing/HF. Freeman handball receive, 40m kick to Fas inside 50 one on one
2:45-WingThomas 20m kick, hangs it up long enough for Mitchell to contest, Freeman puts strong body contact on and takes the mark. Short 20m chip to Kennedy which is almost intercepted, leads to contest
HALF TIME
David King starts yapping on about Freeman. 'only had 3 disposals so far'. Only been on the ground 10 minutes. No cheeky bet on him for Rising Star Kingy you degenerate?!
3rd Qtr
15:30-Handball receive from Crisp, takes a few steps, takes the contact from two hawks and kicks 20m to Elliot on the Wing/HF who marks.
11:56-Varcoe smothered kick, Freeman gathers, draws player and handballs back to Varcoe who kicks long to Faz.
10:25-Half Back/Wing Short kick from Greenwood, Freeman marks and switches play across half back to Marley to start attack
3:00-this is the play that everyone thinks he kicks it back into the center resulting in a goal to Mitchell. Dwaye Russell calls it as Freeman but its actually Broomhead.
2:00-Half Forward, handball receive from white, dinks a 10m kick wide to Varcoe in space
1:18-Center, handball receive from Sinclair, draws player then handballs to Thomas in space.
4th Qtr
8:30-short kick from Frost to 50m line, centering kick to Karnezis advantage, mark, goal.

He played about 50% of the game. From this I cant really see how people would be disappointed with his game. Thought he played a pretty solid game for a kid.

A fair point extraordinarily well made!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:53 pm

Kickless in the first quarter. Pfft!
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:13 pm

This is farking ridiculous!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:33 pm

Podpicken wrote:
This is farking ridiculous!

Spot On - He has played 1 and QTR NAB Challenge games in 2 years. How can you tell how good or bad someone is from that?

He is a High Draft Pick so he be given plenty of time.

Could come good IF injury Free Mid-Late in the Season when he has games under his belt

cityslick1 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:18 pm

Pendles looked special from day 1. Will never forget him tearing up a VFL side when we won by over 100 points. Was always compared to Nick Dal Santo... but I think overtook him as a player by about his third year.

I share a lot of the sentiment in this thread. Have to remember its still early and the kid is only 19. However... I also hoped for / expected to see more signs of his midfield presence in the games, and even in game simulations at training. He's clearly got the fitness, speed and size to be a gun, he just hasn't yet displayed the same level of class or polish as you'd hope for in a up and coming gun outside mid.

I think Scharenberg was picked for his class, skills (& size), and Freeman was picked for his strength, speed and attitude. The kid always looks to be pushing himself and has plenty of confidence, which I'm sure Bucks would love... I just hope that he ends up more Rob Harvey than Brodie Holland. Pleeease....
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:17 am

Funkadelic wrote:
HALF TIME
3rd Qtr
4th Qtr

Excellant review! Well done.

Love one for each player! What too hard? Yup of course it is, who has that time, who can concentrate on just one player for the whole game? It's not just on ball work that matters. And by the sounds of it the kid can hit a target! By hand and foot. And find that target in traffic.

He's 19 years old, coming off a nasty, scary injury that took him out for a year! Just as he hit the big time of being drafted. He's gotta be worried. And overwhelmed by the biggish stage. Against some members of the current premiership team, and others who'd like a spot in it!

Harsh judgment by many much!
Well done with this review.

Go Pies!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: